Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridgeport Bluefish are the first to try to sign Tebow, what will he do?

Big risk for Tebow. I doubt he signs with them. There isn't very much money playing Independent League baseball, and if he doesn't do well, his major league dream is over. He's better off auditining by holding these controlled workouts than auditioning by playing against actual baseball players. Yes those IL guys have mostly washed out of the minors, but these guys are still pro's.

I think he needs to be patient. A big league team will eventually sign him and assign him to the minors for a season. If nothing else, it will help their minor league team with ticket sales. If he goes to a rookie league or independent league and fizzles out, the dream is over.

I am very indifferent to the guy on all levels. He is a celebrity and is using that to his benefit. I don't blame him at all for that. But he is getting no tryouts if he isn't Tim Tebow.

I laugh at the notion he is not liked because of his faith and that is why he is out of football.

Baloney, the guy can't play at the elite level in football and I doubt baseball.

But the guy can market himself. Good for him.

He's out of football because he wasn't good enough to play QB and he wouldn't entertain switching positions.

He is definitely not liked because of his faith, at least because of the way he puts it out there.

It's sad when a Christian athlete gets hammered for being a good guy

Let me say this clearly. I am indifferent to how TT shows his faith, but he brings it on with his obvious pronouncement during play. With that said, there are a ton of Christian good guys in the NFL who are as faith driven as he. Andy Dalton, to name one. He chooses not to do that, but he still is a great guy. And he channels his faith efforts out of the national spotlight. His does not appear in any way to be self serving.

For those that go to NFL games there a tons of players and personnel from both teams that pray at midfield after the game. That is not shown or talked about often on TV or by the media.

TT is not getting hammered for being a Christian good guy. He is being hammered (by some) for using his immense popularity to show it. I see it no different than Kapernick except their purpose. I would not choose to use that platform in either case. Don't compare one to the other and which is good and which is not to me. They have a national stage and they use it for their benefit. I don't blame them. They are making $$ for doing it. I am not sure what I would do if it lined my pockets and TT's is getting lined for it.

And yes I stand for the national anthem, have said the pledge and lead it as a principal many many times before school. and I even have an American flag hanging at times out side my residences.

He's out of football because he's borderline NFL-caliber. His religiosity and the attention it grabs makes it easier to cut him in favor of somebody who tows the company line and doesn't draw attention to themselves. Were he TO/Randy Moss in their prime talented, he's starting somewhere and is one of the biggest faces of the NFL.

Talent wins out over everything else in the NFL. But Player A and Player B are equal, but Player A finds himself in the news too often for non-football reasons, Player B gets his spot.

You mean like Colin Kaepernick ?

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, I think the whole thing was staged, and yes, I'm an unapologetic Tebow truther.

Tim Tebow Hit A Home Run On The First Pitch

Take an additional minute to scroll to the comments and compare Tebow's reaction to the Mets' logo.

Warning: Potentially NSFW language in the "article," which is hilarious, because Tim Tebow.