Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you 100%. The guy is a Heisman Trophy winner, was an excellent D-1 baller, actually made it to the NFL and got paid, landed an analyst job, has his own semi-reality TV show that he does great things for people on and by all accounts is a stand up guy....

Don't we want MORE people like Tim Tebow and less people like all the other jack wagons we have in professional sports....

I'll ask it a different way: If you were going to invite someone to Thanksgiving and you had two choices, Tim Tebow and Brock Lesnar, who do you invite ? (And I actually like Brock...)

NO!!! I prefer the guy that can actually play and get me some W's. I'll invite Tim over to stuff my turkey and read Christmas stories; I'll take Vontez to make some plays and crack some skulls.

NO!!! I prefer the guy that can actually play and get me some W's. I'll invite Tim over to stuff my turkey and read Christmas stories; I'll take Vontez to make some plays and crack some skulls.

The stupid plays that lead to penalties in a playoff game? Those plays?

Well I think most readers on here would expect that from you...short sighted and always with an ulterior motive against anyone who espouses faith....

Where did you interject Vontez Burfict or anything about making plays or cracking skulls into this equation ?

Seriously dude....give it a rest....:idunno:

I am very indifferent to the guy on all levels. He is a celebrity and is using that to his benefit. I don't blame him at all for that. But he is getting no tryouts if he isn't Tim Tebow.

I laugh at the notion he is not liked because of his faith and that is why he is out of football.

Baloney, the guy can't play at the elite level in football and I doubt baseball.

But the guy can market himself. Good for him.

I am very indifferent to the guy on all levels. He is a celebrity and is using that to his benefit. I don't blame him at all for that. But he is getting no tryouts if he isn't Tim Tebow.

I laugh at the notion he is not liked because of his faith and that is why he is out of football.

Baloney, the guy can't play at the elite level in football and I doubt baseball.

But the guy can market himself. Good for him.

He's out of football because he's borderline NFL-caliber. His religiosity and the attention it grabs makes it easier to cut him in favor of somebody who tows the company line and doesn't draw attention to themselves. Were he TO/Randy Moss in their prime talented, he's starting somewhere and is one of the biggest faces of the NFL.

Talent wins out over everything else in the NFL. But Player A and Player B are equal, but Player A finds himself in the news too often for non-football reasons, Player B gets his spot.

Tebow certainly gave critics ammo by announcing his deal with Adidas on the same day as the tryout and wearing 3 or 4 different Adidas outfits during the tryout.

Which means he can have a great career in the minors if that's what he wants. They don't mind a good show gag. MLB not so much.