Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

Tim Tebow wants to play baseball. But he’s apparently not interested in spending much (if any) time playing minor league baseball, because at the minor league level it would often be less about honing his baseball skills and more about marketing a modern-day Mighty Casey to those who would buy tickets and jerseys and hats and bobbleheads and food and other stuff.

Aware he’s “partially a sideshow,” Tebow doesn’t want to be a full-blown baseball sideshow | ProFootballTalk

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If successful, he would join a rare club of two-sport professional athletes, including Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Brian Jordan and Michael Jordan.

I'm sorry...no offense to the GOAT in the NBA...but no way does Michael deserve to be listed with these other guys. The other 3 at played at the highest level in both sports. MJ barely hit .200 in Double-A. Who'd have thought that if you were going to give some guy named Jordan as an example of something noteworthy, that the better one would be Brian, not Michael.

I don't have a problem with him doing what he wants to do. I think the hate towards Tebow is unfounded, if not downright ridiculous.

I agree with you 100%. The guy is a Heisman Trophy winner, was an excellent D-1 baller, actually made it to the NFL and got paid, landed an analyst job, has his own semi-reality TV show that he does great things for people on and by all accounts is a stand up guy....

Don't we want MORE people like Tim Tebow and less people like all the other jack wagons we have in professional sports....

I'll ask it a different way: If you were going to invite someone to Thanksgiving and you had two choices, Tim Tebow and Brock Lesnar, who do you invite ? (And I actually like Brock...)

I'd love to see him make it. Problem is, I don't see many teams willing to pay a 29 year old to learn the game in the minors. There's really not much upside as it's probably going to take him at least a couple years to make the big league club. And no one will take up a roster spot at the big league level to see if he can play. If you're 29 and in the minors with 10 years of minor league experience, the chances of you making and being successful in the bigs are slim. For a 29 year old, with zero experience above high school ball, the odds are worse than slim and none.

• 2 weeks later...