Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

Striking out about every 3rd at bat in A ball, wonder what double A would do to him?

You'll probably get to find out pretty soon. He's expected to get sent to high A ball soon. It looks like they are going to give their minor league teams some attendance and merchandise boost.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone expect him or any other athlete who hasn't played baseball in years to just jump into pro ball and tear the cover off of it? It's way too soon to judge him as a baseball player. Give him his year like Michael Jordan had and then see if there's any improvement.

Here's the problem. He's almost 30. Low "A" ball is a long way from the bigs. I love the story, but he's going to have to get a lot better, very quickly in order to ever make it to the bigs and have any kind of a career. The Jordan situation is similar, in that both are really too old and just simply not good enough to ever have a chance at making it.

You'll probably get to find out pretty soon. He's expected to get sent to high A ball soon. It looks like they are going to give their minor league teams some attendance and merchandise boost.

Maybe they have some heathens on that team that need saved.

Here's the problem. He's almost 30. Low "A" ball is a long way from the bigs. I love the story, but he's going to have to get a lot better, very quickly in order to ever make it to the bigs and have any kind of a career. The Jordan situation is similar, in that both are really too old and just simply not good enough to ever have a chance at making it.

I agree with this and my post had nothing to do with his potential to play in the majors. I'm saying you can't judge the guy's potential on two or three weeks of play.

Tebow now batting just under .250; keep trashing him

Tim Tebow of Columbia Fireflies hitting .246 after first triple, 3-for-4 day

Hitting .250 in low A ball is not something to be tooting the horn about...

His strikeout rate is high (25%) and his OBP is poor (.310).

I'd love to see him succeed and am rooting for him, but the guy has no chance.

Tebow now batting just under .250; keep trashing him

Tim Tebow of Columbia Fireflies hitting .246 after first triple, 3-for-4 day

He's still an average hitter at best that strikes out a ton and is by all accounts a below average defender. And he'll be 30 in August and is still in A ball. It's a nice story. He's a good dude and puts butts in seats. And I'd love to see him make it. But the chances are slim at best.

Hitting .250 in low A ball is not something to be tooting the horn about...

His strikeout rate is high (25%) and his OBP is poor (.310).

I'd love to see him succeed and am rooting for him, but the guy has no chance.

You and I play in deep fantasy leagues and are sabermatricians. Most people don't know the difference between A ball to AA ball.

Fact is this, he still has not seen advanced pitching. He's facing above average high school pitching right now.