Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

So, your theory is if they bring Tebow to the majors next week, he didn't get a chance over someone else? There is no one good enough in the Mets minor leagues to make the next step, so let's just bring Tebow up. Or is there a level, where he is not getting an opportunity over someone else?

My theory is that in A Ball or High A Ball he's not blocking anyone. If another player is producing they will get a chance. There are guys in all levels right now today that will never make it to the majors, are they taking someone else's chance by your way of thinking.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My theory is that in A Ball or High A Ball he's not blocking anyone. If another player is producing they will get a chance. There are guys in all levels right now today that will never make it to the majors, are they taking someone else's chance by your way of thinking.

I'm saying if he wasn't a top 5 player than yes, he took someone else's chance that deserved it more than him.

I don't think he's taking anyone's spot.

He's not. In every organization there are really only a few legit prospects at each level. The rest are basically roster fillers. Nobody is being held back or is missing a chance because Tebow is taking up a roster spot. Heck, more than half the guys at AAA will never see the bigs.

Agreed, A and A+ is glorified instructional ball. He's not blocking anyone at this level, their highest prospects have a developmental plan. A lot of it is age driven now.

I'm saying if he wasn't a top 5 player than yes, he took someone else's chance that deserved it more than him.

I disagree, there are simply so many players and available spots in the minors that no one's career is going to suffer because Tim Tebow or Michael Jordan are in the minors. All of the other outfielders that have played 45+ games this year at Columbia were all batting within .020 points of Tebow, it's not like any of them are just lighting it up and are getting held back by the Mets.

Even if he does realize it, why would it matter? Would you care if someone told you that you could get paid to play baseball but it's just for them to make money off you?

In his eyes even if he knows, it gives him a chance to play and try to get better.

And the takes away from a kid who actually has skill. They signed him for the entertainment value and nothing more. And somewhere there was a player in their organization who actually deserved to be there get released for this circus show.

And the takes away from a kid who actually has skill. They signed him for the entertainment value and nothing more. And somewhere there was a player in their organization who actually deserved to be there get released for this circus show.

The clown is batting over .400 at St. Lucie.

And who was that?? Again, the vast majority of minor leaguers never even get a sniff of the bigs. If anybody got released when Tebow signed, it wasn't because of Tebow...it was because they couldn't play. While I agree Tebow doesn't have anything close to the talent needed to make it, him being there isn't hurting anyone or costing a deserving player a job.

And who was that?? Again, the vast majority of minor leaguers never even get a sniff of the bigs. If anybody got released when Tebow signed, it wasn't because of Tebow...it was because they couldn't play. While I agree Tebow doesn't have anything close to the talent needed to make it, him being there isn't hurting anyone or costing a deserving player a job.

I disagree but to each their own

I disagree but to each their own

Check through the St Lucie Mets transactions. No outfielders were released prior to Tebow arriving. They did release a 3rd basemen 3 days AFTER Tebow arrived who had only played 5 games with them this year. And 4 or 5 guys got promoted from Columbus before Tebow.

It's simply an untrue statement to say somebody lost their job due to Tebow being there. There's zero evidence that backs up that statement.

Check through the St Lucie Mets transactions. No outfielders were released prior to Tebow arriving. They did release a 3rd basemen 3 days AFTER Tebow arrived who had only played 5 games with them this year. And 4 or 5 guys got promoted from Columbus before Tebow.

It's simply an untrue statement to say somebody lost their job due to Tebow being there. There's zero evidence that backs up that statement.

I didn't realize minor league teams didn't have a cap on how many players they could have. That makes sense then.