Wikileaks & the DNC?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opportunity to spend time this weekend with a young Russian man - he is traveling the US this summer before returning home to complete his Ph. D in economics. He said there is no doubt that the Russians prefer Trump over Hillary. They see Hillary's Russian views as a continuation of Obama, who the Russians consider very anti Russia.

I had the opportunity to spend time this weekend with a young Russian man - he is traveling the US this summer before returning home to complete his Ph. D in economics. He said there is no doubt that the Russians prefer Trump over Hillary. They see Hillary's Russian views as a continuation of Obama' date=' who the Russians consider very anti Russia.[/quote']

I'm not sure how they see Obama as very anti-Russia considering he hasn't done much to Russia to begin with.

Good post,

I've always felt bad for Obama because he had to hitch his wagon to the Clinton train. If he had any other choice I don't think he would have.

He had a choice. But make no mistake, he is part of the good ole boy network that exists in DC. He didn't throw his support behind Clinton until he knew for certain an indictment wasn't coming.

But that's not how a democracy works. A presidential candidacy shouldn't be something that is "passed down" or something you have to "wait your turn for." I know that Clinton felt entitled to the position, for some reason, but that doesn't mean that she (and her campaign) can do whatever they want in order to manipulate and rig the election.
This is larger than Clinton. It is about the system in place that gives these entitlements. They are all in on it.

The lack of serious candidates running for the Democratic nomination kinda shows that all were resigned to giving her this shot. But we've seen weak fields in the past when it was deemed someones "Turn".

When it was Bob Doles "Turn" only Pat Buchanan and Steve Forbes ran.

When it was Al Gores "Turn" only one candidate ran against him, Bill Bradley.

"My Turn" politics isn't new, or even unexpected...still doesn't make it right.

As long as I've been alive this is how it has worked. People step aside for the good of the party maybe not the good of the nation. Maybe they are right. I know there are better Republicans than Trump but no one stepped aside until they were forced out of the election.

A Trump, Bush, Cruz, Christie field may have yielded one of the politiicans rather than what we have.

As far as the thread topic, Bernie has been pretty flimsy with the Dem party his entire career. Really only naming himself one when he ran for president. Anyone expecting any weight of the party behind him don't understand political parties.

As long as I've been alive this is how it has worked. People step aside for the good of the party maybe not the good of the nation. Maybe they are right. I know there are better Republicans than Trump but no one stepped aside until they were forced out of the election.

A Trump, Bush, Cruz, Christie field may have yielded one of the politiicans rather than what we have.

As far as the thread topic, Bernie has been pretty flimsy with the Dem party his entire career. Really only naming himself one when he ran for president. Anyone expecting any weight of the party behind him don't understand political parties.

Is it to much to expect a fair election process?

Political parties were never intended because of actions like these. Optics look bad, but I bet the same leaks could come from every election on both sides of the aisle.

He had a choice. But make no mistake, he is part of the good ole boy network that exists in DC. He didn't throw his support behind Clinton until he knew for certain an indictment wasn't coming.

Right, but I'm talking 4 years ago. He played nice to keep Clinton voters in the fold. I just think Obama is way a better person than getting involved with those two. To play the game he had no choice.

Exactly. Bernie's still not a registered Democrat, fer cryin' out loud. He's a registered independent.

In the aftermath of this election, one thing is certain: The Republicans will have far more super delegates in '20. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

Fair is an admirable goal but even an honest and transparent and process (that may still be unfair) would be good.

Lets face it, the 'super-delegates' make the Democratic Party the pretty unfair from the view of the little people. But at least every knew they were there.

This situation reminds me of a quote from a while back.

A man's judgment cannot be better than the information on which he has based it. Give him no news, or present him only with distorted and incomplete data, with ignorant, sloppy, or biased reporting, with propaganda and deliberate falsehoods, and you destroy his whole reasoning process and make him somewhat less than a man.

- Arthur Hays Sulzberger

Frames: Communication

The DNC rigging destroyed their own supporters and voters reasoning process.

I'm not sure how they see Obama as very anti-Russia considering he hasn't done much to Russia to begin with.

The sanctions against Russia are hurting. Obama is the force behind the sanctions. The heavy support of the Ukraine against Russia. He said Russia is trying to help Russians being oppressed in Ukraine and the US is on the other side. Those are a couple areas he mentioned. He was very clear that there is big anti Obama/Hillary and pro Trump feelings in Russia.

Why would I vote for Johnson? He has no chance. 0% chance.

I liked Rubio. He got beat. I agree with Trump on alot of the issues. More than any other candidate thats left in the race. So I am voting for Trump.

But I would vote Johnson before Hillary. I cant see how anyone coukd vote for her.

If you want better candidates and you want change this is the vote. Plain and simple.

I don't understand the need to vote for the winner many people have.