Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so sad. And that the girlfriend's daughter witnessed the whole thing.

 

Curious---if you have a gun and a permit, are you suppose to tell the officer right away at the traffic stop?

 

I can't help but wonder if he had not provided that information to the police officer while reaching for his license, this could have been a different outcome.

@hoops5 When I took the CCDW class the officer instructing the class said you should always tell the officer right away if you have a weapon with you or on you and present your ID.

This is not going to end well.

 

Seeing a lot of "Why comply if you're just going to get shot anyways" floating around the web. Not good.

Just so sad. And that the girlfriend's daughter witnessed the whole thing. Curious---if you have a gun and a permit' date=' are you suppose to tell the officer right away at the traffic stop? I can't help but wonder if he had not provided that information to the police officer while reaching for his license, this could have been a different outcome.[/quote']

 

If you're in possession of a firearm when making contact with police, you are required to report it that's what the law says. Obviously, the sooner you tell them the better.

 

This does not look good for the cop at all, the victim appears to have done everything right. I don't know if it's PTSD, or just unstable cops, but too many are pulling the trigger too soon lately.

@hoops5

 

In Ky you do not have a duty to inform by law, but it is recommended that you inform.

 

237.110 (15) The licensee shall carry the license at all times the licensee is carrying a concealed firearm or other deadly weapon and shall display the license upon request of a law enforcement officer. Violation of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of twenty-five dollars ($25), payable to the clerk of the District Court, but no court costs shall be assessed.

@hoops5 In Ky you do not have a duty to inform by law' date=' but it is recommended that you inform. 237.110 (15) The licensee shall carry the license at all times the licensee is carrying a concealed firearm or other deadly weapon and shall display the license upon request of a law enforcement officer. Violation of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of twenty-five dollars ($25), payable to the clerk of the District Court, but no court costs shall be assessed.[/quote']

 

That surprises me I thought in KY you had to report.

The more I read about this, the more I'm baffled by the officer's actions. He asked for ID, the guy was reaching for his wallet, let him know he had a CC and a firearm (which sounds like what an individual is supposed to do), and the cop shoots? There has to be more to it. Just has to be.

I haven't been feeling well so I didn't watch the videos on this situation or the one in Louisiana.

 

BUT, there are people in all walks of life, jobs, careers, that have no business doing what they are doing. Any of these LEO involved incidents only deal with those LEO's that are actually involved.

 

I just hope that these videos are not as bad as some of you all are saying.

That surprises me I thought in KY you had to report.

 

It surprises me as well, I know in Ohio one does.

 

image.jpeg

The more I read about this, the more I'm baffled by the officer's actions. He asked for ID, the guy was reaching for his wallet, let him know he had a CC and a firearm (which sounds like what an individual is supposed to do), and the cop shoots? There has to be more to it. Just has to be.

 

I'm not saying it didn't happen the way the lady said it happened. I am going to say though let's see if it happened that way. We have been walked down a road of lies before from witnesses. The officer trying to justify his actions and the tone of his voice lead me to believe this will be really close to the witnesses account though.

GF seemed more interested in her FB than her BF. I don't care to say it.

I haven't been feeling well so I didn't watch the videos on this situation or the one in Louisiana.

 

BUT, there are people in all walks of life, jobs, careers, that have no business doing what they are doing. Any of these LEO involved incidents only deal with those LEO's that are actually involved.

 

I just hope that these videos are not as bad as some of you all are saying.

Completely true! I have encountered way too many LEO that have NO business being LEO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.