June 21, 20179 yr Do they ever?! Can he realistically keep his job in this same neighborhood? I don't think so. It depends, if he followed policy and the law, I don't think anyone can stop him from resuming his job.
June 21, 20179 yr Went back and watched it again, Castile handed the officer something right before he told him about the gun. I assume it was his lic or insurance or both. License was suspended, I figured it was his insurance.
June 22, 20179 yr It depends, if he followed policy and the law, I don't think anyone can stop him from resuming his job. Minn. officer acquitted in shooting of Philando Castile during traffic stop, dismissed from police force - The Washington Post Officials in St. Anthony, Minn., where Yanez worked as a police officer, said he will not return to the police department from leave after the trial. They said they have decided “the public will be best served if Officer Yanez is no longer a police officer in our city.” “The city intends to offer Officer Yanez a voluntary separation agreement to help him transition to another career other than being a St. Anthony officer,” the city said in a statement. “The terms of this agreement will be negotiated in the near future, so details are not available at this time. In the meantime, Officer Yanez will not return to active duty.”
June 22, 20179 yr I can see where he is looking. I can also see that when the other officer fires in that direction he retreats. Castile is also calmly telling him he isn't reaching for his gun. There's something we are missing there. You continually make an inference that you know what that something is and seem to blindly believe what the officer is saying. Well they did say they found marijuana in Castiles system and that they believed that his impairment may have lead to Castile not fully understanding the officers commands.
June 22, 20179 yr Watching the video of the little girl in the back of the police cruiser with her mom just breaks my heart.
June 22, 20179 yr Watching the video of the little girl in the back of the police cruiser with her mom just breaks my heart. I tend to side with police officers in the very unfortunate scenarios where they have to discharge their weapon to take another persons life while in fear of their own, but watching the video of that little girl tore me up inside. When she asked her mother to stop cussing and yelling because she didn't want her to get shot too, it made my insides turn. That is a fear I never had as a four year old.
June 22, 20179 yr Watching the video of the little girl in the back of the police cruiser with her mom just breaks my heart. I accidentally watched it yesterday evening. I don't care to again. That video is tough.
June 22, 20179 yr Well they did say they found marijuana in Castiles system and that they believed that his impairment may have lead to Castile not fully understanding the officers commands. Found in his system as in "he smoked sometime in the last 30ish days"?
June 22, 20179 yr Well they did say they found marijuana in Castiles system and that they believed that his impairment may have lead to Castile not fully understanding the officers commands. Marijuana doesn't impair you like that.
June 22, 20179 yr I guess the key question is was the victim reaching for his gun (as the officer believes) or reaching for his wallet to produce license and insurance as he was instructed. Neither video really shows that. Early in the video the officer asks for license and registration, Castile handed him something and the office looked at it. Than Castile advised he had a weapon and reached for something.
June 22, 20179 yr Marijuana doesn't impair you like that. Depends what and how much you're smoking. I have seen first hand people unable to understand basic instructions. Then get confused as to why those same basic instructions keep being repeated.
June 22, 20179 yr Minn. officer acquitted in shooting of Philando Castile during traffic stop, dismissed from police force - The Washington Post Officials in St. Anthony, Minn., where Yanez worked as a police officer, said he will not return to the police department from leave after the trial. They said they have decided “the public will be best served if Officer Yanez is no longer a police officer in our city.” “The city intends to offer Officer Yanez a voluntary separation agreement to help him transition to another career other than being a St. Anthony officer,” the city said in a statement. “The terms of this agreement will be negotiated in the near future, so details are not available at this time. In the meantime, Officer Yanez will not return to active duty.” Great and thanks for posting. This sounds fair to me.
June 22, 20179 yr Found in his system as in "he smoked sometime in the last 30ish days"? I'd like a little more clarification on "In his system".
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.