Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

If Castile is reaching for his gun what should the officer have done? Wait for him to pull it out and point it at him before shooting? The girl friends video is useless. It's after the fact and adds nothing of value.

 

I guess the key question is was the victim reaching for his gun (as the officer believes) or reaching for his wallet to produce license and insurance as he was instructed. Neither video really shows that.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess the key question is was the victim reaching for his gun (as the officer believes) or reaching for his wallet to produce license and insurance as he was instructed. Neither video really shows that.
Agreed. Every single person out there that wants to carry a gun on their person or in their car needs to watch this video on what could happen. Tell the officer you have a gun with both hands in plain sight (on the wheel) and wait for direction. Do not reach for anything unless the officer knows what you are reaching for. He asked for lic and insurance then Castile made it known he had a gun. At that point the lic and insurance are not a priority. You can't say I have gun while reaching for your wallet. You also can't say I have gun then reach for the gun, even if your intention is just to give it to the officer. Tell him you have a gun then wait.
If Castile is reaching for his gun what should the officer have done? Wait for him to pull it out and point it at him before shooting? The girl friends video is useless. It's after the fact and adds nothing of value.

 

I don't want that guy pulling me over. Doubly so if I'm black...

I'm not positive there is enough for a conviction nor do I know all the facts of the trial. But I know that officer doesn't need to be on the street with a gun.

 

I'm also really confused as to why the other officer never even felt in enough danger to reach for his firearm.

I don't want that guy pulling me over. Doubly so if I'm black...
Again, if he believed Castile was reaching for his gun what should he have done?
Agreed. Every single person out there that wants to carry a gun on their person or in their car needs to watch this video on what could happen. Tell the officer you have a gun with both hands in plain sight (on the wheel) and wait for direction. Do not reach for anything unless the officer knows what you are reaching for. He asked for lic and insurance then Castile made it known he had a gun. At that point the lic and insurance are not a priority. You can't say I have gun while reaching for your wallet. You also can't say I have gun then reach for the gun, even if your intention is just to give it to the officer. Tell him you have a gun then wait.

 

Great summation! I know a lot of folks don't believe this, but if you actually listen to a cop and do what he says, it greatly increases your odds of not getting shot by a scared or trigger happy cop.

I guess the key question is was the victim reaching for his gun (as the officer believes) or reaching for his wallet to produce license and insurance as he was instructed. Neither video really shows that.

 

I think he had already given him insurance, couldn't reach for a license...he didn't have one.

 

Officer repeatedly told him NOT to reach for the gun, yet he seems to have continued to do so.

I don't want that guy pulling me over. Doubly so if I'm black...

 

So the cop is also a racist?

I guess the key question is was the victim reaching for his gun (as the officer believes) or reaching for his wallet to produce license and insurance as he was instructed. Neither video really shows that.

Went back and watched it again, Castile handed the officer something right before he told him about the gun. I assume it was his lic or insurance or both.

Great summation! I know a lot of folks don't believe this, but if you actually listen to a cop and do what he says, it greatly increases your odds of not getting shot by a scared or trigger happy cop.

 

We shouldn't have "scared or trigger happy" cops on the streets.

Great summation! I know a lot of folks don't believe this, but if you actually listen to a cop and do what he says, it greatly increases your odds of not getting shot by a scared or trigger happy cop.

 

I know you and some others on here don't believe this, but just because a person doesn't obey an officer's commands doesn't automatically mean they deserve to be shot.

I know you and some others on here don't believe this, but just because a person doesn't obey an officer's commands doesn't automatically mean they deserve to be shot.

 

Never said they deserved it. Just said its a good way to help avoid it. Read the part of my post that mentions a scared or trigger happy cop.

I'm not positive there is enough for a conviction nor do I know all the facts of the trial. But I know that officer doesn't need to be on the street with a gun.

 

I'm also really confused as to why the other officer never even felt in enough danger to reach for his firearm.

.06 from the time he told started telling him about the gun until he was shot. About .03 from the time the officer pulled his gun to the first shot. The second officer was on the other side of the car towards the passenger door. At what point was he supposed to pull his gun?
Again, if he believed Castile was reaching for his gun what should he have done?

 

The video doesn't show whether he is reaching or not. However the other officer's reaction would lead one to believe he didn't feel in danger until the main officer starts firing.

.06 from the time he told started telling him about the gun until he was shot. About .03 from the time the officer pulled his gun to the first shot. The second officer was on the other side of the car towards the passenger door. At what point was he supposed to pull his gun?

 

Where in the video can you see that he is reaching for his gun?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.