Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

I guess I'm the only one struggling so I'll walk away. Carry on.

 

I'll try and help.

 

"Whether or not he had the permit is irrelevant."

 

That was the entire point. Him having the permit means very little. His actions mean everything. I wasn't speculating on what he did or did not do, because none of us know that. I was only providing examples to make my point.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not sure how a police officer is to handle someone who TELLS you they have a gun and are reaching in their pocket. That's a tough spot to put them in.

I'm still not sure how a police officer is to handle someone who TELLS you they have a gun and are reaching in their pocket. That's a tough spot to put them in.

Agreed! And in this case we still don't know if that's what happened. Being a cop is a tough job.

I'm still not sure how a police officer is to handle someone who TELLS you they have a gun and are reaching in their pocket. That's a tough spot to put them in.

 

I've always thought SOP was to let them know you have the CCW or a legal gun , and where exactly it is located.

 

That's why I'm interested to see if there is video of exactly what was said.

 

If all the guy said was hey I have a registered gun and reached and the cop pulled the trigger , then that cop needs to be in jail.

 

That's why I want the report , review or any extra footage. Seems crazy to me that cop would react like that.

I'm still not sure how a police officer is to handle someone who TELLS you they have a gun and are reaching in their pocket. That's a tough spot to put them in.

 

I don't either Clyde, it's a split second judgement of shoot or be shot.

I'm still not sure how a police officer is to handle someone who TELLS you they have a gun and are reaching in their pocket. That's a tough spot to put them in.

 

You have all the time in the world to think about it. Imagine it happening to you...

I've always thought SOP was to let them know you have the CCW or a legal gun , and where exactly it is located.

 

That's why I'm interested to see if there is video of exactly what was said.

 

If all the guy said was hey I have a registered gun and reached and the cop pulled the trigger , then that cop needs to be in jail.

 

That's why I want the report , review or any extra footage. Seems crazy to me that cop would react like that.

 

Hands on the steering wheel, NEVER remove them from the wheel. You tell them where the weapon is and they can retrieve it. You do exactly as the officers order.

It happens fast. I had a close call once with a guy I thought was pulling a gun. It was a guy who we dealt with all the time. Call about him being drunk. He was homeless so he was quite unsanitary. Buddy was walking back to his car for gloves as I was walking he up. Guy reached down the front of his pants and started violently trying to pull something out, my first thought was "is he masterbating?" Then his shirt came up, in the glisten of the sun I thought I saw a wood pistol grip. I yelled "gun, gun, gun!" Took cover and so did my buddy. Turns out it was a bottle and the wood color, was booze. Close call for us. The drunk found it funny and told my buddy if he saw him or his family in Wal-Mart, he'd knock over his buggy :lol2:. Since that incident I always can somewhat sympathize with officers who think they see a weapon. It can happen fast.

Hands on the steering wheel, NEVER remove them from the wheel. You tell them where the weapon is and they can retrieve it. You do exactly as the officers order.

 

Not disputing anything you said there. My point was he should of told the officer where the gun was. I thought that was SOP.

 

You have to be silly to reach for anything without the officers permission. I've only been pulled over 3 times in my life. But everytime I ask twice for permission to go for the papers.

Not disputing anything you said there. My point was he should of told the officer where the gun was. I thought that was SOP.

 

You have to be silly to reach for anything without the officers permission. I've only been pulled over 3 times in my life. But everytime I ask twice for permission to go for the papers.

 

If someone has a conceal carry and they tell me they have one on them or in the car, I typically tell them just keep it where it's at and we'll be fine. I also tell them I'm glad they took the initiative to get their conceal carry.

If someone has a conceal carry and they tell me they have one on them or in the car, I typically tell them just keep it where it's at and we'll be fine. I also tell them I'm glad they took the initiative to get their conceal carry.

 

That has been the reaction that I have had every time I have been pulled over since I got my CCDW. So far none of the police officers have secured it or anything. Didn't seem like it bothered them at all.

Hands on the steering wheel, NEVER remove them from the wheel. You tell them where the weapon is and they can retrieve it. You do exactly as the officers order.

 

And this would de-escalate alot of incidents. There is a time to argue and defend yourself. Not at gun point by a nervous cop.

That has been the reaction that I have had every time I have been pulled over since I got my CCDW. So far none of the police officers have secured it or anything. Didn't seem like it bothered them at all.

I think most are put at ease knowing that you are not a felon...if you have your CCDW they know unless you just went on a crime spree, you aren't a great danger. Good thing is that in Kentucky the State Police check everyone's background that has a CCDW several times a year. So if you are convicted of a felony or other disqualifying crime, you lose your CCDW quicker than in states that only randomly check them or don't check them except for at renewal time.

 

If your license is attached to your license plate (I don't know what causes that) when your tags are ran the officer/dispatcher will know that the person associated with that car has a CCDW when the info on the tags comes back. This isn't 100% as for some reason some DL's don't attach to plates. I don't know if this is just a Kentucky thing or nationwide.

Lavish's Facebook video has now been removed. Any one have a link that works?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.