Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

We shouldn't have "scared or trigger happy" cops on the streets.

 

Agreed! But there are.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you and some others on here don't believe this, but just because a person doesn't obey an officer's commands doesn't automatically mean they deserve to be shot.
Absolutely correct. But never a better time then directly after telling the officer you have a gun.
Absolutely correct. But never a better time then directly after telling the officer you have a gun.

 

You don't know that he wasn't obeying the officer's commands...

The video doesn't show whether he is reaching or not. However the other officer's reaction would lead one to believe he didn't feel in danger until the main officer starts firing.
Again, the second officer is on the other side and back. What could he see? .03 from the time the first officer pulls his gun to the first shot. The second officer didn't even pull his gun then, he just retreated.

 

Where in the video can you see that he is reaching for his gun?
Who?
You don't know that he wasn't obeying the officer's commands...
So in your opinion Castile didn't reach for anything...wallet, drink, smoke, insurance, booger, nothing...and the officer, who by all accounts was calm even after initially being told there was a gun, just shot him for no reason?
Again, the second officer is on the other side and back. What could he see? .03 from the time the first officer pulls his gun to the first shot. The second officer didn't even pull his gun then, he just retreated.

 

Who?

 

He retreated because the other cop was firing towards him. From his position he would have a decent view of what/if Mr. Castile was reaching for.

 

Where can you see that Mr. Castile is reaching for his gun? You can't. I also can't see that he is not reaching.

 

We can see what happened outside the car and we have the audio. Those two things tell me that this officer shouldn't be on the streets with a firearm. We also have four very biased witnesses.

So in your opinion Castile didn't reach for anything...wallet, drink, smoke, insurance, booger, nothing...and the officer, who by all accounts was calm even after initially being told there was a gun, just shot him for no reason?

 

I haven't said either. The above post sums up my thoughts.

He retreated because the other cop was firing towards him. From his position he would have a decent view of what/if Mr. Castile was reaching for.

 

Where can you see that Mr. Castile is reaching for his gun? You can't. I also can't see that he is not reaching.

 

We can see what happened outside the car and we have the audio. Those two things tell me that this officer shouldn't be on the streets with a firearm. We also have four very biased witnesses.

Where on the video can you see what the second can see? Or what he was even looking at? Did the second officer state he retreated because the first officer was firing in his direction?

 

You're right, what we can see is Castile tell the officer he has a gun, the officer calmly tell Castile not to reach for it, then begin excitedly tell him repeatedly tell him not to reach while pulling his gun, then shooting Castile. So either Castile wasn't reaching for anything and his hands were in his lap or on the wheel or he did reach for something.

I haven't said either. The above post sums up my thoughts.
You've only said the officer doesn't belong on the streets with a gun based on nothing more than your opinion that he shot Castile because he was black. I've asked multiple times what the officer should have done if he believed Castile was reaching for the gun. You have avoided the question like the plague.
Where on the video can you see what the second can see? Or what he was even looking at? Did the second officer state he retreated because the first officer was firing in his direction?

 

You're right, what we can see is Castile tell the officer he has a gun, the officer calmly tell Castile not to reach for it, then begin excitedly tell him repeatedly tell him not to reach while pulling his gun, then shooting Castile. So either Castile wasn't reaching for anything and his hands were in his lap or on the wheel or he did reach for something.

I can see where he is looking. I can also see that when the other officer fires in that direction he retreats.

 

Castile is also calmly telling him he isn't reaching for his gun. There's something we are missing there. You continually make an inference that you know what that something is and seem to blindly believe what the officer is saying.

You've only said the officer doesn't belong on the streets with a gun based on nothing more than your opinion that he shot Castile because he was black. I've asked multiple times what the officer should have done if he believed Castile was reaching for the gun. You have avoided the question like the plague.

 

Ummm...no. Go back and read my thoughts and what I've said and try again.

Hindsight is beyond 20/20, but rather than tell him not to reach for his gun, it seems like it would have been better to say what TO do. "Put your hands on the steering wheel," or something like that.

 

I have never watched the video, as I don't want to see this man's last moments. Too sad.

I watched 5 seconds of it and I feel strongly from the victim's voice inflection he wasn't a threat.

 

I didn't read all of this. Is there any proof he was reaching for the weapon and eventually displayed the weapon prior to the Officer opening fire?

I can see where he is looking. I can also see that when the other officer fires in that direction he retreats.

 

Castile is also calmly telling him he isn't reaching for his gun. There's something we are missing there. You continually make an inference that you know what that something is and seem to blindly believe what the officer is saying.

No, I'm taking all the evidence into account and discussing it. What I'm not doing is making opinions one way or the other based on limited info/facts. Please explain to me how you can see where the second officer is looking. Can you say 100% that he isn't watching the girl friend or the kid?

 

What the officer has said is just part of the whole. The dash cam video seems to support his version.

Ummm...no. Go back and read my thoughts and what I've said and try again.

I asked the question twice. You did not answer it, you simply said the officer doesn't belong on the streets with a gun.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.