Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

I watched 5 seconds of it and I feel strongly from the victim's voice inflection he wasn't a threat.

 

I didn't read all of this. Is there any proof he was reaching for the weapon and eventually displayed the weapon prior to the Officer opening fire?

 

There's not unless you have x-ray vision.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I asked the question twice. You did not answer it, you simply said the officer doesn't belong on the streets with a gun.

 

There's no point in answering the question. Despite your inferences to the contrary we can't see what's going on inside the vehicle. We can certainly see outside of the vehicle and the audio. Which you routinely ignore.

No, I'm taking all the evidence into account and discussing it. What I'm not doing is making opinions one way or the other based on limited info/facts. Please explain to me how you can see where the second officer is looking. Can you say 100% that he isn't watching the girl friend or the kid?

 

What the officer has said is just part of the whole. The dash cam video seems to support his version.

 

Actually, that's EXACTLY what you are doing. I've said over and over again I can see what direction the second officer is looking into. If I need to keep explaining how I can see that then you are living on a different planet. I've also stated repeatedly that none of us can see what's going on inside the vehicle. We have the video we can see, the audio, and four extremely biased eyewitnesses.

 

Somehow from that you have inferred you know exactly what is going on in the vehicle. You know that Mr. Castile was reaching for his firearm. You know that Mr. Castile was disobeying what the officer says. You even know what the 2nd officer can't see. How you know all of this is beyond me.

 

I've simply said he shouldn't be on the streets. And I inferred that if I were black I'd be doubly scared of that officer pulling me over. That's because I a) don't know what caused the officer to panic and kill Mr. Castile and b) if I were black I'd be even more scared of prejudices causing a situation to escalate into a tragic end as this one did. I didn't state that's why this officer did it. But something -- something neither you or I can see -- caused this to escalate to a tragic ending.

 

For those reasons I don't feel this officer should be on the streets.

 

Edit: To clarify, my last statement doesn't necessarily mean I think he should have been convicted as I stated way back in this thread. Just not on the streets with a firearm pulling people over.

There's no point in answering the question. Despite your inferences to the contrary we can't see what's going on inside the vehicle. We can certainly see outside of the vehicle and the audio. Which you routinely ignore.

First, I never claimed to be able to see what is going on inside. My question was under the assumption he is reaching for something. I never said that was fact. The officer said he was reaching for something, he told him several times to stop. Under that premise I'm asking what the officer should have do. IF, the officer thought he was reaching for the gun at what point is he justified in shooting? Forget about this specific incident and make it generic.

 

Second, what am I ignoring?

First, I never claimed to be able to see what is going on inside. My question was under the assumption he is reaching for something. I never said that was fact. The officer said he was reaching for something, he told him several times to stop. Under that premise I'm asking what the officer should have do. IF, the officer thought he was reaching for the gun at what point is he justified in shooting? Forget about this specific incident and make it generic.

 

Second, what am I ignoring?

 

You're ignoring that we can't see inside the vehicle.

First, I never claimed to be able to see what is going on inside. My question was under the assumption he is reaching for something. I never said that was fact. The officer said he was reaching for something, he told him several times to stop. Under that premise I'm asking what the officer should have do. IF, the officer thought he was reaching for the gun at what point is he justified in shooting? Forget about this specific incident and make it generic.

 

Second, what am I ignoring?

 

The hypothetical in this situation doesn't give us much. I'm sure if Mr. Castile was alive he would back up what he said in the audio where he calmly tells the officer he has a gun then calmly tells the officer he isn't reaching. In this hypothetical the officer is in jail for murder.

 

So, that's why I'm not answering your hypothetical. It's not relevant to my statement.

Actually, that's EXACTLY what you are doing. I've said over and over again I can see what direction the second officer is looking into. If I need to keep explaining how I can see that then you are living on a different planet. I've also stated repeatedly that none of us can see what's going on inside the vehicle. We have the video we can see, the audio, and four extremely biased eyewitnesses.

 

Somehow from that you have inferred you know exactly what is going on in the vehicle. You know that Mr. Castile was reaching for his firearm. You know that Mr. Castile was disobeying what the officer says. You even know what the 2nd officer can't see. How you know all of this is beyond me.

 

I've simply said he shouldn't be on the streets. And I inferred that if I were black I'd be doubly scared of that officer pulling me over. That's because I a) don't know what caused the officer to panic and kill Mr. Castile and b) if I were black I'd be even more scared of prejudices causing a situation to escalate into a tragic end as this one did. I didn't state that's why this officer did it. But something -- something neither you or I can see -- caused this to escalate to a tragic ending.

 

For those reasons I don't feel this officer should be on the streets.

 

Edit: To clarify, my last statement doesn't necessarily mean I think he should have been convicted as I stated way back in this thread. Just not on the streets with a firearm pulling people over.

 

I have one more question before I comment again, what did the 2nd Officer say/testify to?

Actually, that's EXACTLY what you are doing. I've said over and over again I can see what direction the second officer is looking into. If I need to keep explaining how I can see that then you are living on a different planet. I've also stated repeatedly that none of us can see what's going on inside the vehicle. We have the video we can see, the audio, and four extremely biased eyewitnesses.

 

Somehow from that you have inferred you know exactly what is going on in the vehicle. You know that Mr. Castile was reaching for his firearm. You know that Mr. Castile was disobeying what the officer says. You even know what the 2nd officer can't see. How you know all of this is beyond me.

 

I've simply said he shouldn't be on the streets. And I inferred that if I were black I'd be doubly scared of that officer pulling me over. That's because I a) don't know what caused the officer to panic and kill Mr. Castile and b) if I were black I'd be even more scared of prejudices causing a situation to escalate into a tragic end as this one did. I didn't state that's why this officer did it. But something -- something neither you or I can see -- caused this to escalate to a tragic ending.

 

For those reasons I don't feel this officer should be on the streets.

First I want to make it clear that I have never once said what was actually happening inside the vehicle so I would love for you to show me where I did. My posts have been made as a "what if". Castile could have had his hands on the steering wheel for all I know. So pretty much half your post here is invalid.

 

Regarding what the second officer , you're the only one saying what he was looking at. Yes he was looking at the car, anything beyond that is complete speculation unless he as stated what he was looking at.

You're ignoring that we can't see inside the vehicle.
Once again, I'm not ignoring anything. You either aren't reading what I'm saying or not reading all of it.
The hypothetical in this situation doesn't give us much. I'm sure if Mr. Castile was alive he would back up what he said in the audio where he calmly tells the officer he has a gun then calmly tells the officer he isn't reaching. In this hypothetical the officer is in jail for murder.

 

So, that's why I'm not answering your hypothetical. It's not relevant to my statement.

You win. I'm out.
I have one more question before I comment again, what did the 2nd Officer say/testify to?

 

I'm not sure. I don't know the specifics on the testimony. All I've said is from his position he would have a decent view, he doesn't ever go for his firearm, and it appears pretty plainly to me that he retreats once the officer starts firing in that general direction.

 

I don't care to get into whether he is guilty or innocent in a criminal trial which is why I haven't read much on the testimonies.

The one thing that stands out for me is why would the deceased tell the police he had a gun if he intended on using it on the police? Seems to me if he was truly a threat, he would have just pulled it and started shooting without the heads up.

I'm not sure. I don't know the specifics on the testimony. All I've said is from his position he would have a decent view, he doesn't ever go for his firearm, and it appears pretty plainly to me that he retreats once the officer starts firing in that general direction.

 

I don't care to get into whether he is guilty or innocent in a criminal trial which is why I haven't read much on the testimonies.

 

Thanks.

 

Generally speaking I am with you on this one, no way I want that Officer on the beat. I would be scared of him.

 

Is he keeping his job?

Thanks.

 

Generally speaking I am with you on this one, no way I want that Officer on the beat. I would be scared of him.

 

Is he keeping his job?

 

I haven't saw one way or the other regarding if he's keeping his job.

Thanks.

 

Generally speaking I am with you on this one, no way I want that Officer on the beat. I would be scared of him.

 

Is he keeping his job?

 

Do they ever?! Can he realistically keep his job in this same neighborhood? I don't think so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.