Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

Can you elaborate please ?

 

I assume a journalist wrote the article in post #1.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I totally agree with you I would tell any cop right away. They already know if you have a CCW or CHL when they run your plates.

I was stopped at a check point in OH a month ago and I told the officer, he simply said "don't take yours out and I won't take mine out."

 

Unfortunately, it's my believe that there was a fair amount of profiling in the MN stop.

 

Might have been her car? Not his.

When I first saw this video I thought it was going to be a joke of some sort based on how the lady was acting. Really odd reaction.

 

The officer's reaction will not help his case even though it may have been justified.

I'm considerably more skeptical than you. I think she filmed it for the potential it had on FB. Looked an awful lot like capitalizing on her chance at some attention. I hate to even type that.

 

Bingo. The whole time I'm watching it, I kept seeing "this is my 15 minutes of fame" in her face. Sorry, but thats just how it comes across.

I assume a journalist wrote the article in post #1.

 

No I understand that, I just didn't know why you cringe. Not picking, just not sure what makes you cringe. Is the phraseology incorrect ? Just not sure why

@hoops5 When I took the CCDW class the officer instructing the class said you should always tell the officer right away if you have a weapon with you or on you and present your ID.

In the 3 times I have been pulled over in 15 years of having my CCDW, I have ALWAYS added "officer, I will keep my hands on the steering wheel & follow your instructions completely."

 

They have always expressed appreciation for my stated and demonstrated cooperation.

No I understand that, I just didn't know why you cringe. Not picking, just not sure what makes you cringe. Is the phraseology incorrect ? Just not sure why

 

It's just an awkward and overly passive way to say "a police officer shot someone." I understand why a police spokesperson might employ it from a PR perspective, I do not understand why a journalist would.

It's just an awkward and overly passive way to say "a police officer shot someone." I understand why a police spokesperson might employ it from a PR perspective, I do not understand why a journalist would.

 

Gotcha...yes, sounds very PC to me as well.

It's just an awkward and overly passive way to say "a police officer shot someone." I understand why a police spokesperson might employ it from a PR perspective, I do not understand why a journalist would.

 

What else should they call it?

 

The media isn't very creative and often times they get things completely wrong. I just think they don't know what else to call it.

In the 3 times I have been pulled over in 15 years of having my CCDW, I have ALWAYS added "officer, I will keep my hands on the steering wheel & follow your instructions completely."

 

They have always expressed appreciation for my stated and demonstrated cooperation.

 

If I was an officer I would love it if everyone cooperated as you stated. There would be non of these incidents (at least much fewer incidents) if people respected the law and understood where an officer is coming from. I acknowledge that not all LEO's follow a straight line and there a few bad eggs that hurt the cause. Officers are in a lose lose situation at this point in time.

What else should they call it?

 

The media isn't very creative and often times they get things completely wrong. I just think they don't know what else to call it.

 

They also get lazy and caught up in cop-speak.

There is, it is a twitter video from further away. I could not get it to open.

 

Give me the Twitter ID of the person who posted it.

They also get lazy and caught up in cop-speak.

 

That too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.