Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

It is actually becoming all too common.

 

No it isn't. Facts don't support this statement.

 

One unjustified shooting is too many. However they are not becoming more common.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he didn't tell the cop he had a gun and permit why did the cop freak out and shoot him when he moved his arm? It's more incriminating if he didn't tell the cop he had a gun.

 

Don't you think we should wait to see if there is dash/body cam footage before we take the girlfriend's statement as gospel? Is it possible he didn't say it? Is it possible the guy started reaching simultaneously as the cop saw it?

 

At this point, anything is possible, and I'll save my opinion for when all the facts are out, instead of jumping to conclusions. If the girl was stating fact, prosecute the officer. But let's wait till ALL the facts are out, not just a phone clip from a biased witness.

If he didn't tell the cop he had a gun and permit why did the cop freak out and shoot him when he moved his arm? It's more incriminating if he didn't tell the cop he had a gun.

 

You are assuming things that aren't in the video. Not saying it didn't happen, but e don't know for sure what happened yet.

I missed that in the video.

 

It's not in the video I watched either. He had already been shot and was seconds away from death. His "girlfriend" was talking to facebook saying that he told the officer that he had a weapon but was just reaching for his wallet and that the officer shot him. The officer is heard responding to her comment that he "told him not to reach for it, I told him to get his hands off it."

 

So basically, the video tells us nothing about what happened prior to the officer firing shots. To be honest, I don't think this guy was a bad guy at all, but I'm not willing to condemn the officer just yet after watching the video either.

 

Basically if the officer asked the guy for his license and he in turn told the officer that he had a weapon but was just grabbing his wallet, then the officer told him not to reach for it, but he continued to do so, then it would be hard to fault the officer.

 

Again, I'm just looking at this objectively. I have no idea what to think about it yet, other than his girlfriend is a very odd person.

And the police officer maybe guilty as sin. The deceased had no violent charges against him and worked with children which I assume does a background check. I assume he has a legal permit for the gun. So if what the girlfriend says is true, he should definitely be charged. I hope he had a body camera on as I would hope it would show the whole picture and clear everything up. But I can't say for certain the officer is guilty on the the girlfriends video alone.

And the police officer maybe guilty as sin. The deceased had no violent charges against him and worked with children which I assume does a background check. I assume he has a legal permit for the gun. So if what the girlfriend says is true, he should definitely be charged. I hope he had a body camera on as I would hope it would show the whole picture and clear everything up. But I can't say for certain the officer is guilty on the the girlfriends video alone.

 

I couldn't agree more, hopefully there is more audio/video prior to the shooting that can determine how this all played out. If he told the officer that he had a weapon while he was reaching for his wallet and the officer told him not to reach for it, it would be hard to charge the officer. However if he told the officer that he had a ccw and weapon on him, then the officer still asked for his license, but shot him once seeing the weapon, then it's a completely different story.

And the police officer maybe guilty as sin. The deceased had no violent charges against him and worked with children which I assume does a background check. I assume he has a legal permit for the gun. So if what the girlfriend says is true, he should definitely be charged. I hope he had a body camera on as I would hope it would show the whole picture and clear everything up. But I can't say for certain the officer is guilty on the the girlfriends video alone.

@theguru When an officer pulls someone over for a broken tail light does he/she run the plate in most cases or do they not because of the minor nature? If they do should we assume the dispatcher informs them of the person's criminal past?

@theguru When an officer pulls someone over for a broken tail light does he/she run the plate in most cases or do they not because of the minor nature? If they do should we assume the dispatcher informs them of the person's criminal past?

 

ALWAYS give the plate and location of your stop. No exceptions.

It surprises me as well, I know in Ohio one does.

 

[ATTACH]56757[/ATTACH]

 

Officers don't know what kind of a person you really are until they talk to you and run your information they get a better understanding of who you are. With that said if you tell an officer you have a CCDW, they know right off the bat you've got a pretty clean record.

I'm kind of with @halfback20 on this one (I'm shocked too). I think a lot more needs to be known first. As of right now it appears we have what the girlfriend says and that's it.

 

However, if what she says is totally true then charge him with murder.

 

I'm in this camp. Sure wish there was video prior to her cameo

 

Exactly, which is why the FEDS are pushing so hard for body cam's. While they don't see everything, it takes out a lot of the he said she said stuff and paints a much better picture of what truly happened.

I'm kind of with @halfback20 on this one (I'm shocked too). I think a lot more needs to be known first. As of right now it appears we have what the girlfriend says and that's it.

 

However, if what she says is totally true then charge him with murder.

 

Eye opener for all of us who carry. If the cop feels threatened it's a coin flip, you might get shot.

 

If that were the case you'd have a lot more CCDW folks getting shot seeing as how a coin flip is 50/50......

Saw some complaints online about how long it took for first responders to arrive.

 

Anyone know how long it took?

ALWAYS give the plate and location of your stop. No exceptions.

 

Do you immediately know if the person is a felon and what his/her record is?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.