July 9, 201610 yr That all makes sense to me but can we all agree that to the general public it seems fishy? One side of the story is immediately made public while the other side is delayed in release. As I stated I understand the delay. The general public may not always understand that or want to understand that. To the general public this delay in the release of their side of the story is to make sure everyone is on the same page once they go public with their story. Agree and those pushing out lies at first should be held accountable somehow. I hope it comes back on the Gov too for talking before knowing the actual truth or fact. Those pushing out lies are the cause of this violence afterward. Would we even have the problems in MO if the guy hadn't lied about Michael Brown? Edited July 9, 201610 yr by mountain ref
July 9, 201610 yr Castille had been pulled over 52 times in recent years for minor traffic violations. Minnesota shooting victim Philando Castile was stopped 52 times by police: Was it racial profiling? (w/video) | Tampa Bay Times If he was cited I don't see how there's much to talk about. If you break the law you'll be cited accordingly. It'seems not like he was stopped 52 times, told to exit the car and patted down each time. He was cited or warned and released. Seems to me if he was pulled over 52 times then he knew the proper procedures to adhere to when pulled over. That's a decent amount of experience and interaction with the police when pulled over. I really want to hear and see the other side of the story.
July 9, 201610 yr Agree and those pushing out lies at first should be hel accountable somehow. I hope it comes back on the Gov too for talking before knowing the actual truth or fact. And if the story proves the Governor was right and the cop is charged with murder?
July 9, 201610 yr That all makes sense to me but can we all agree that to the general public it seems fishy? One side of the story is immediately made public while the other side is delayed in release. As I stated I understand the delay. The general public may not always understand that or want to understand that. To the general public this delay in the release of their side of the story is to make sure everyone is on the same page once they go public with their story. I can agree everyone would love a statement immediately with the video. It may calm down the crowd before it gets started. But we also live in a lawsuit world and also the cop is potentially facing the rest of his life in prison. I can see why the officer wants to make sure his statement is looked over by a lawyer and will be slanted to his favor.
July 9, 201610 yr I'm the first to say I am pro-police. I'm also the first to say just bc you have been pulled over 52 times, it does not justify being shot and unfortunately killed. I don't know all the facts and more will come out. But if you've been pulled over 52 times, should you even have a drivers liscence? One that's an extreme amount and makes me wonder about how smart a human you are. Two why not do things to not get pulled over like basic maintenance on your vehicle, not speed or put on a seat belt( which I hate as that being a law). Governor was way, way to quick to react with a racial statement. I also find it odd that the GF did a live Facebook thing after the guy was shot. No way I'd be calm enough to start filming after a person was shot a foot away from me.
July 9, 201610 yr And if the story proves the Governor was right and the cop is charged with murder? Then I was wrong and cop should go to prison. See I love having discussions with you, even when you put me in my place a few times. I take pride in knowing I'm only right 99% of the time. I love reading your opinion because it's an opinion I usually don't or can't have because of obvious reasons. Are there any cases of black cops shooting black suspects and having outrage? Thanks for the great input even though I may not agree all the time.
July 9, 201610 yr If he was cited I don't see how there's much to talk about. If you break the law you'll be cited accordingly. It'seems not like he was stopped 52 times' date=' told to exit the car and patted down each time. He was cited or warned and released. I love the media tilt though, gotta ask if he was profiled. Not why the hell he was still driving with a revoked license....[/quote'] He was not cited 52 times. I think it was 23.
July 9, 201610 yr Minneapolis newspaper said they confirmed he had the proper permit to carry. Check one box, I'm anxious to see how the rest plays out.
July 9, 201610 yr ... Two why not do things to not get pulled over like basic maintenance on your vehicle, not speed or put on a seat belt.... There's a lot in your post that could spur other conversations...big conversations. But....this is simple.. it's a taillight. I never know when I have a tailight out until someone tells me. No reason to get shot, even if I do get pulled over.
July 9, 201610 yr I thought I said it doesn't justify being shot. There is more to come out one way or the other, I'm sure. I am saying, 52 times seems very excessive. Makes me believe he's a terrible driver and/or he just is to carefree to replace lights, wear a seat belt or whatever else he's been pulled over for. I've been pulled over a few times in my life and I've received three tickets. All speeding. Each time I kept my hands on the wheel the whole time unless I was given permission to reach for my ID, registration and insurance
July 9, 201610 yr There's a lot in your post that could spur other conversations...big conversations. But....this is simple.. it's a taillight. I never know when I have a tailight out until someone tells me. No reason to get shot, even if I do get pulled over. How go we know he was stopped because of the tail light? How do you know he was shot because of the tail light? A lot of people here operate on assumptions, especially when police are involved. I admit that if the girlfriends story is true, the officer was wrong. However we dont know if her story is true.
July 9, 201610 yr Seems to me if he was pulled over 52 times then he knew the proper procedures to adhere to when pulled over. That's a decent amount of experience and interaction with the police when pulled over. I really want to hear and see the other side of the story. One would certainly think he'd know the routine but you know what they say about assumptions.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.