Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

It is actually becoming all too common.

 

Negative. You hearing and seeing it on the Internet is becoming more common. It's not happening more.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't you think we should wait to see if there is dash/body cam footage before we take the girlfriend's statement as gospel? Is it possible he didn't say it? Is it possible the guy started reaching simultaneously as the cop saw it?

 

At this point, anything is possible, and I'll save my opinion for when all the facts are out, instead of jumping to conclusions. If the girl was stating fact, prosecute the officer. But let's wait till ALL the facts are out, not just a phone clip from a biased witness.

 

A biased person that recorded her boyfriend dying rather than rendering aid to him.......

People's minds on both sides are already made up. Folks can deny it all they want but minds are made up.

 

My mind will be made up when I hear all the facts.

 

If what the girl friend said is 100% true then the cop needs to be charged.

 

If she is lying then she needs something cause she would be complicit to all this unrest with a lying video that has made national headlines.

A biased person that recorded her boyfriend dying rather than rendering aid to him.......

 

I found this video to be really disturbing in many different ways. I never ever want to see anyone die. I sure dont ever want to see anyone shot for no reason. Anyone. It hurts my heart to see this stuff unfold like it has. I will say this, I would probably been shot to cause I would or could not have been calm like this lady was, which is disturbing to a degree to me.

Did he still have his seatbelt on?

 

I can shoot you with a seat belt on. In fact it would seem more casual and less alarming to keep my seat belt on. Just saying.

I found this video to be really disturbing in many different ways. I never ever want to see anyone die. I sure dont ever want to see anyone shot for no reason. Anyone. It hurts my heart to see this stuff unfold like it has. I will say this, I would probably been shot to cause I would or could not have been calm like this lady was, which is disturbing to a degree to me.

 

It honestly looked like a bad movie. Still don't understand how that happens.

:lol2:

 

That girl is really bothering you, huh, doc? :lol2:

YESSSSSSS

Mine is definitely not made up. I said it didn't look good for the officer but I want to wait and see if dash/body cam video shows something different before my mind is made up. I like to see the totality of the circumstances.

 

 

Either way, people's minds have already been made up as far as what they want to believe or not believe. One side sees the video and says the cop was out of line and that is their line until proven wrong. The other side is sure the cop followed training to the letter and likely acted in an appropriate manner. We are all just waiting to see if we are right. At the end of the day of the cop felt threatened then chances are he will be cleared and folks on one side will say "no justice, no peace" and folks on the other side will say the cop did what he was trained to do and the court of law has spoken. The video only tells half the story but everyone has already written their own book. It's human nature.

I can shoot you with a seat belt on. In fact it would seem more casual and less alarming to keep my seat belt on. Just saying.

 

I know that but that would mean that he was going to start a gun battle with the police armed with a handgun with his girlfriend(filming for Facebook) and daughter in the car with him. In his seatbelt. I mean, if that was his intention then give the cop a medal for being able to figure that all out on the fly and saving the girlfriend and daughter.

A biased person that recorded her boyfriend dying rather than rendering aid to him.......

 

The cops still had their guns pointed at her didn't they? It's not like she had too many options to move after watching her boyfriend get shot. I love my wife but if the cops shoot my wife in front of me and their guns are drawn on me it's a little too late for me to be taking a bullet for her by checking on her. Especially if he is saying don't move. "Message has been received, Mr. Officer."

Either way, people's minds have already been made up as far as what they want to believe or not believe. One side sees the video and says the cop was out of line and that is their line until proven wrong. The other side is sure the cop followed training to the letter and likely acted in an appropriate manner. We are all just waiting to see if we are right. At the end of the day of the cop felt threatened then chances are he will be cleared and folks on one side will say "no justice, no peace" and folks on the other side will say the cop did what he was trained to do and the court of law has spoken. The video only tells half the story but everyone has already written their own book. It's human nature.

I haven't. Actually, I'd like to know what happened before her video starts. Yes I have a problem with her. That doesn't have a single thing in the world to do with the incident. From what we see in her video and her words it looks like the officer is going to prison. And if that's what happened I'd be all for that if I sat on that jury. However, maybe it's me, but I'd hope that another human being trained in that profession would not be as rash and quick triggered as it appears. So, I'll withhold judgement, which seems prudent. I don't have enough to write my version of what I think has happened. Not intelligently anyway.

If Michael Brown's friend that lied didn't get in trouble after the chaos in Ferguson, I doubt she would either if she lied. I'm not sure I'm buying that article on the guy being an armed robbery suspect either. Doesn't seem like a credible source

 

Same. I'm not saying I don't believe it. I'm not saying I do. I am saying I don't trust that source. That would be like me posting something from urbanintellect.com saying all kinds of bad stuff about the cop. The sources are too biased to trust. The truth may be sprinkled in there somewhere but the agenda slant of those kinds of websites ruins their credibility.

The cops still had their guns pointed at her didn't they? It's not like she had too many options to move after watching her boyfriend get shot. I love my wife but if the cops shoot my wife in front of me and their guns are drawn on me it's a little too late for me to be taking a bullet for her by checking on her. Especially if he is saying don't move. "Message has been received, Mr. Officer."

 

I don't see that at all. To the same point though there is a lot of information we are missing so perhaps you've got a point. Just watching the video alone though I don't see that.

I don't see that at all. To the same point though there is a lot of information we are missing so perhaps you've got a point. Just watching the video alone though I don't see that.

 

That is my understanding from a conversation that took place on the Megyn Kelly show. Someone said the cops still had the guns pointed on the girl so there was only so much she could do. I watched the video to when they made her get out of the car and I could hear them shouting at her while she was filming but I couldn't make out what they were saying until she exited the vehicle. I quit watching at that point.

That is my understanding from a conversation that took place on the Megyn Kelly show. Someone said the cops still had the guns pointed on the girl so there was only so much she could do. I watched the video to when they made her get out of the car and I could hear them shouting at her while she was filming but I couldn't make out what they were saying until she exited the vehicle. I quit watching at that point.

 

I'm kind of surprised she was allowed to keep anything in her hands. I dunno it's just a sad, weird scenario right now. I feel like we are missing a lot of the story here. I'm not saying that any of those missing parts makes it a justified shooting. I truly don't know. It's just Strange.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.