Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

I'm kind of with @halfback20 on this one (I'm shocked too). I think a lot more needs to be known first. As of right now it appears we have what the girlfriend says and that's it.

 

However, if what she says is totally true then charge him with murder.

I'm in this camp. Sure wish there was video prior to her cameo
  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I completely disagree with this. The judge and the rapist have been slammed by the media. The Father has been crushed as well.

 

These are twitter social justice warriors at its finest perpetuating a narrative that does not exist, further exacerbating a problem. I have seen a lot of the "police are hunting down black men" posts the past 24 hours and I can't read it. I in no way can fathom what it is like to be a black person, and I believe they are profiled to a harsher extent than others. This rhetoric empowers those in an emotionally charged time to make poor decisions.

Edited by bugatti

I'm kind of with @halfback20 on this one (I'm shocked too). I think a lot more needs to be known first. As of right now it appears we have what the girlfriend says and that's it.

 

However, if what she says is totally true then charge him with murder.

 

I'm not sure why so many just take her words as fact.

 

She could be telling the truth. She could also be lying. Hopefully an investigation reveals which one is the case.

All it takes is one time... So no, it's not been proven wrong.

 

You say it doesn't take much to get shot like it's common. That isn't true.

All it takes is one time... So no' date=' it's not been proven wrong.[/quote']

 

Eye opener for all of us who carry. If the cop feels threatened it's a coin flip, you might get shot.

@hoops5 When I took the CCDW class the officer instructing the class said you should always tell the officer right away if you have a weapon with you or on you and present your ID.

 

This^

 

Permit or no permit you should always tell the police that you are in posession of a firearm. A ccw instructor will make it a point to tell you such when taking the class, but it should also be common sense for most of us.

 

I was stopped for speeding years ago, after I had first got my ccw in a small town in Ohio where the speed limit jumped back and forth between 55 and 35 several times in a row. I was meeting some friends at cedar point but unfamiliar with the area and didn't notice the speed change. As soon as the officer asked for my license and registration I handed him my license and ccw permit and told him my registration is in the glove box with my pistol. He was fine with that, just told me to stay put and that he would get my registration from the glove box, he grabbed it and shut the glovebox. Then he ran my name and such standing at the passenger side of the car to make sure I didn't have any warrants, handed me back my license's and registration and explained that the speed limit drops from 55-35 several times in and near the small towns I would be passing through and told me to have a nice trip. No ticket, no questions about the gun, he didn't even look at it.

 

That was several years ago, in a different world we live in now. But my point is, that if you are in possesion of a firearm and have contact with law enforcement. Have a little common sense and tell them you have a weapon on or near you, chances are you won't get harassed about it one bit and both parties involved will leave happy.

This^ Permit or no permit you should always tell the police that you are in posession of a firearm. A ccw instructor will make it a point to tell you such when taking the class' date=' but it should also be common sense for most of us. I was stopped for speeding years ago, after I had first got my ccw in a small town in Ohio where the speed limit jumped back and forth between 55 and 35 several times in a row. I was meeting some friends at cedar point but unfamiliar with the area and didn't notice the speed change. As soon as the officer asked for my license and registration I handed him my license and ccw permit and told him my registration is in the glove box with my pistol. He was fine with that, just told me to stay put and that he would get my registration from the glove box, he grabbed it and shut the glovebox. Then he ran my name and such standing at the passenger side of the car to make sure I didn't have any warrants, handed me back my license's and registration and explained that the speed limit drops from 55-35 several times in and near the small towns I would be passing through and told me to have a nice trip. No ticket, no questions about the gun, he didn't even look at it. That was several years ago, in a different world we live in now. But my point is, that if you are in possesion of a firearm and have contact with law enforcement. Have a little common sense and tell them you have a weapon on or near you, chances are you won't get harassed about it one bit and both parties involved will leave happy.[/quote']

 

But he did tell the cop he had a gun and carry license...

But he did tell the cop he had a gun and carry license...

 

I haven't seen the video, I just got home from work. I was just saying in a general sense. It seems all too often people that are in possesion of a firearm and neglect to inform the police if in a situation where they should, the situation turns bad when they are reaching for their ID, cell phone, whatever. It puts the civilian and the police officer in a bad position, when a simple, hey I have a weapon in such and such place would likely allow everything to go smoothly.

I haven't seen the video' date=' I just got home from work. I was just saying in a general sense. It seems all too often people that are in possesion of a firearm and neglect to inform the police if in a situation where they should, the situation turns bad when they are reaching for their ID, cell phone, whatever. It puts the civilian and the police officer in a bad position, when a simple, hey I have a weapon in such and such place would likely allow everything to go smoothly.[/quote']

 

I agree with the reporting report, we're just trying to figure out why this guy was shot after reporting.

But he did tell the cop he had a gun and carry license...

 

I missed that in the video.

I missed that in the video.

 

It wasn't on the video. No one knows for sure if that happened right now, aside from those involved.

If he didn't tell the cop he had a gun and permit why did the cop freak out and shoot him when he moved his arm? It's more incriminating if he didn't tell the cop he had a gun.

It wasn't on the video. No one knows for sure if that happened right now, aside from those involved.

 

So you're saying it could be like Ferguson when the witnesses said his hands were up?

You say it doesn't take much to get shot like it's common. That isn't true.

 

It is actually becoming all too common.

If he didn't tell the cop he had a gun and permit why did the cop freak out and shoot him when he moved his arm? It's more incriminating if he didn't tell the cop he had a gun.

 

I guess I'm missing it in the video (which is the weirdest videos I have ever seen) but I didn't see the cop shoot him at all or freak out. The only thing I see is the girlfriend narrating the video and the cop saying I told him not to reach there, I told him not to grab it. Again, weird video.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.