Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

GF seemed more interested in her FB than her BF. I don't care to say it.

 

Agreed. Kind of asked about the daughter later than you would have thought too. Although I am a big believer that people act funny sometimes in situations like these.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying it didn't happen the way the lady said it happened. I am going to say though let's see if it happened that way. We have been walked down a road of lies before from witnesses. The officer trying to justify his actions and the tone of his voice lead me to believe this will be really close to the witnesses account though.

 

I agree.

 

That's why I said there just has to be more to it. Otherwise, this is going to get ugly IMO.

Completely true! I have encountered way too many LEO that have NO business being LEO.

 

I brought that up as no line of work is void of incompetent people, you can have a hundred police shooting threads and it doesn't begin to describe the overwhelming majority of good and great officers.

 

In my beliefs it's like Muslims, over 1.6 billion Muslims (23% of the worlds population) and if only 1% are radicalized that's 16 million. Over 1 million LEO's in the US and let's say 1% shouldn't be in the line of work, that's 10,000. Still high but doesn't represent everyone.

That surprises me I thought in KY you had to report.

 

The only time I was in a situation was about 2 and a half years ago when my vehicle stopped on the far left hand SB lane of the Brent Spence Bridge, (just before the bridge, just above Merhing Way) at about 2am on a Sunday morning. (about the scariest thing in my life!)

 

Cincy PD officer shows up and I immediately inform him that I had a CCDW and that it was on the front passenger seat, all he said was "oh that's ok". Personally I would tell any officer no matter what state. I do wish that they would make it mandatory to inform, it would seem that it would make it easier for all involved, but in this incident it seems that isn't the case.

GF seemed more interested in her FB than her BF. I don't care to say it.

 

I thought it was odd how calm and cool she was while taking the video. She didn't lose it until she was out of the car and the phone was on the ground. I'm thinking a cop just popped 4 into her boy friend and told her to show her hands they would already have been in full display.

Interesting to see if there was a cop audio or video that has not surfaced yet? If this is the only video it is not good for the cop.

That video is just weird and surreal, while also being of course very disturbing as you are watching a man die. It's weird and surreal because, for one this lady seems, as Doc said, more interested in her Facebook than what's actually just transpired. Secondly, she approaches it almost like it's a routine happening for her, like going down to the corner store and getting a pack of cigarettes or something, like it happens all the time. "Hey Facebook, they just shot my boyfriend. And oh yeah, this is where I am, somebody come down and give me a ride". Just freaking weird. I mean, who finds themselves in a situation like that and the first thing they do is calmly grab their phone and start videoing and post to Facebook, talking to the camera like they were posting a recipe?

 

With all that said, and I hope this doesn't comers across as cold but I'm just stating fact, ALL that video shows is the AFTERMATH on an event. We already knew the man was shot and killed, the circumstances leading up to that event are not on that video and ultimately what are at question here. With what we know so far though, this does not sound very good for the police department and the cop who shot. But again we have to wait for more evidence/facts to emerge.

 

I'll say it again for the umpteenth time, being a cop is an extremely hard job and in a mere matter of seconds one can find themselves in a situation of potential life and death, and they have very little time to think about it. And when they react to protect themselves in a situation they believe to be life threatening, and they are WRONG (which possibly could be the case here) then it can be just a horribly sad situation.

As an aside, I cringe every time I read a journalist write the obtusely phrased "officer involved shooting."

GF seemed more interested in her FB than her BF. I don't care to say it.

 

I agree. That was really strange to me.

As an aside, I cringe every time I read a journalist write the obtusely phrased "officer involved shooting."

 

Can you elaborate please ?

I am glad others are in concurrence with it being odd. The events almost looked staged (not inferring that it was) with how calm she was.

The only time I was in a situation was about 2 and a half years ago when my vehicle stopped on the far left hand SB lane of the Brent Spence Bridge' date=' (just before the bridge, just above Merhing Way) at about 2am on a Sunday morning. (about the scariest thing in my life!) Cincy PD officer shows up and I immediately inform him that I had a CCDW and that it was on the front passenger seat, all he said was "oh that's ok". Personally I would tell any officer no matter what state. I do wish that they would make it mandatory to inform, it would seem that it would make it easier for all involved, but in this incident it seems that isn't the case.[/quote']

 

I totally agree with you I would tell any cop right away. They already know if you have a CCW or CHL when they run your plates.

 

I was stopped at a check point in OH a month ago and I told the officer, he simply said "don't take yours out and I won't take mine out."

 

Unfortunately, it's my believe that there was a fair amount of profiling in the MN stop.

In Kentucky if the dispatcher is on their game, they can tell the officer when the plate is ran If there is potentially a CC holder in the car.

 

I'm not sure if they also have to "run" the car owner to get this info or what the mechanics of it is. I have heard dispatchers tell officers that there was a possible CC in the car.

I just watched the video twice and I'm not even sure what to think.

Her demeanor was definitely odd. Only thing I can think of is that once they shot him, her mindset was "I need to film this in case something happens to me."

Her demeanor was definitely odd. Only thing I can think of is that once they shot him, her mindset was "I need to film this in case something happens to me."

I'm considerably more skeptical than you. I think she filmed it for the potential it had on FB. Looked an awful lot like capitalizing on her chance at some attention. I hate to even type that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.