Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota Police Shooting

Featured Replies

Or she added the drama at the end for effect.

 

I can't agree with you on that friend. It still doesn't justify the shooting in any event, in my opinion of course.

  • Replies 373
  • Views 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't agree with you on that friend. It still doesn't justify the shooting in any event, in my opinion of course.

That lady and her reaction have nothing to do with the shooting apparently. I'm merely stating my opinion on her video. No bearing whatsoever on what happened prior to her managing to press record with a dying "boyfriend" in the next seat.

I'm just going to leave this right here and you can tell me again how it's only black people getting killed by police.

 

Video shows cops fatally shooting Calif. teen on ground (GRAPHIC) - NY Daily News

 

I'm glad you posted this, I was looking for it to post myself. My issue is with police killing civilians, period. The fact that it's more black people than any other is a different topic all together.

 

I can't agree with you on that friend. It still doesn't justify the shooting in any event, in my opinion of course.

 

We don't know why the officer shot yet, right?

 

Why are so many people so certain of what happened?

 

If the officer is wrong I'll be right with everyone claiming throw him in jail. But can we wait for an investigation first?

We don't know why the officer shot yet' date=' right? Why are so many people so certain of what happened? If the officer is wrong I'll be right with everyone claiming throw him in jail. But can we wait for an investigation first?[/quote']

 

I know ROE for military but what are they for police?

I know ROE for military but what are they for police?

 

If i must do the work for you..

 

In the United States, the use of deadly force is often granted to law enforcement officers when the person or people in question are believed to be an immediate danger to people around them. For example, an armed man flaunting a firearm in a shopping mall without regard to the safety of those around him, and refusing or being unwilling to negotiate, would warrant usage of deadly force, as a means to protect others. The use of deadly force is also authorized when a person poses a significant threat to a law enforcement officer, usually when the officer is at risk of serious bodily injury or death. This is governed by the Tennessee v. Garner ruling in 1985 in which the U.S. Supreme Court said that "deadly force...may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others." This case abolished the Fleeing felon rule where a fleeing felon who posed no immediate threat to society (e.g., a burglar) could be shot if he/she refused to halt.[2]

 

In the 1989 Graham v. Connor ruling, the Supreme Court expanded its definition to include "objective reasonableness" standard—not subjective as to what the officer's intent might have been—and it must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer at the scene—and its calculus must embody the fact that police officers are often forced to make split-second decisions about the amount of force necessary in a particular situation.[2]

Just saw a great example of the flip side to this coin...and I'll track it down! It's based on a black concealed carry driver who gets pulled over and how he handles the stop! He's alive and well today....imagine that!!!

 

No one clearly knows what happened in this circumstance but the person who got shot, the shooter, and God Almighty...and it appears matters were grey not b&w amongst the folks involved! Prayers to the departed and to the families involved...

 

Amazes me the gut wrench reaction and accompanying media spin. If the officer was in the wrong, yes he should be dealt with appropriately ( i.e. the UC Cop who will be spending many years behind bars for legit reasons ).

 

I'm looking forward to seeing how both this and the Baton Rouge shooting turn out/in/ enlightened once info, witnesses, and other data come to the surface...?

 

Curious as to why when whites are shot under similar circumstances the same scrutiny and media portrayal may be missing???

 

Yep...I'm that guy!!!

Police have a lot more authority to shoot apparently. If you're in possession of a weapon, legally, and have it in a car or on your person in police presence. I wouldn't take my hands off the steering wheel if the cop looks nervous.

Police have a lot more authority to shoot apparently. If you're in possession of a weapon, legally, and have it in a car or on your person in police presence. I wouldn't take my hands off the steering wheel if the cop looks nervous.

 

I'm not taking my hands off the wheel even without a weapon in the car. Apparently it doesn't take much to get shot these days.

I'm not taking my hands off the wheel even without a weapon in the car. Apparently it doesn't take much to get shot these days.

 

The millions of people stopped, arrested etc daily without incident prove that's wrong.

I should say this one concerns me more than the baton rouge video.

 

I'll be interested in the findings of the investigation.

The millions of people stopped, arrested etc daily without incident prove that's wrong.

 

All it takes is one time... So no, it's not been proven wrong.

...

 

[ATTACH]56765[/ATTACH]

 

I completely disagree with this. The judge and the rapist have been slammed by the media. The Father has been crushed as well.

This one is indefensible.

 

I'm kind of with @halfback20 on this one (I'm shocked too). I think a lot more needs to be known first. As of right now it appears we have what the girlfriend says and that's it.

 

However, if what she says is totally true then charge him with murder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.