4x1=4

25x1=25

72x1=72

Total Points: 55+4+25+72=156

It's a tie!!!!!!!!!

Two great programs.

We win by 2-1 Mr Footballs!

;)

I think you can be a fan of a school and still think someone is better than you. I actually have no issue with BG over Boyle. Kinda 6 of 1, half dozen of another in my book. I would say I feel Boyle should be above Corbin but again they are pretty close. I personally would give a little more towards regional titles or Semi appearances/wins than district titles because there are a lot of sorry districts out there. All of that being said if you had told me many years ago that Boyle would be considered one of the best programs in the state I would have found it somewhat unbelievable. I appreciate @GCHS doing this.

Okay three things:

1.) I would love to match up vs BG in the 2018 or 2019 seasons...would LOVE it!

2.) I give up. You guys can have the "Greatest Program" edge over us...we'll just settle for the "More Successful" edge and move on.

3.) Hope everyone understands that I love to argue and debate stuff but there is NOTHING personal about any of this.

Goodnight!

I'll give you more successful in state title games. :D

Definitely nothing personal at all. I love a good debate. It sucks for me either way when Boyle County is pitted against BG because there will be a winner and loser and in that scenario I win and lose. And I really hate losing. :lol2:

So how does that mean anything?

Every year is a different year/team.

You SHOULD win if you are the bigger school, right?!?!

Lol

You asked when they played. I said when and broke down the scenery of 2007 for both schools.

Exactly. That's my whole point. BG is the bigger school, has played against bigger schools and is every bit as successful overall as Boyle County has been. That's another reason why I think BG has a better program than Boyle County. :D

Never said Boyle was the best just got tired of hearing why BG was better, and thanks for your support of the Boyle program.

It never would have been a conversation if someone hasn't suggested that Boyle County was better than BG. I respectfully disagreed. My eyes have said otherwise.

And this is with me saying that Boyle County is a top 10 program in the state and that Boyle County's 7 state championship teams were better than Bowling Green in those years. It's not like I've said Boyle County sucks. BG has historically and traditionally been one of the top 10-20 teams in the state pretty consistently every year since 1922. I don't think Boyle County can say the same thing.

It never would have been a conversation if someone hasn't suggested that Boyle County was better than BG. I respectfully disagreed. My eyes have said otherwise.

And this is with me saying that Boyle County is a top 10 program in the state and that Boyle County's 7 state championship teams were better than Bowling Green in those years. It's not like I've said Boyle County sucks. BG has historically and traditionally been one of the top 10-20 teams in the state pretty consistently every year since 1922. I don't think Boyle County can say the same thing.

IMO your first and foremost a Bowling Green fan then a Boyle fan and Boyle didn't have a high school until 1963 so Bowling Green has had a lot more years and chances to win more games and titles than Boyle and they may have won more games but not as many titles.

IMO your first and foremost a Bowling Green fan then a Boyle fan and Boyle didn't have a high school until 1963 so Bowling Green has had a lot more years and chances to win more games and titles than Boyle and they may have won more games but not as many titles.

I am a BG fan before a Boyle County fan. No argument there. I graduated from there and have supported BG for a lot longer than Boyle County. I LOVE MY PURPLES!!!!! That doesn't mean that I am not a Boyle County fan. In 2007 I was rooting for BG when they played Boyle County. My kid was in 8th grade then. Once his class got to Boyle County I pulled for BC over BG and always will my kid or kids who I personally know are playing against BG.

Last year in the Sweet 16 was the first time ever in my life I wanted to see BG lose in anything. Instead I watched a magical season for my son's team come to an end at the hands of my alma mater. It took me about a week to quit hating BG. :lol2:

Uh, no. I'm saying BG has played in a tougher class than Boyle County since they beganaying football in 1922 and that is why BG has less titles than Boyle County.

In fact the numbers say the watering down of high school football by going to 6 classes actually hurt Boyle County and has made it harder for them to win state.

That alone is another point IMO.

I understand Glasgow was not a tough opponent but the 2 Rock teams had defeated CC n HHS to get there. Plus BC beat Hoptown to get there a talent laden PT one other year. Those were teams BG was wrestling with.

Again, I am happy where Boyle is ranked.

I understand Glasgow was not a tough opponent but the 2 Rock teams had defeated CC n HHS to get there. Plus BC beat Hoptown to get there a talent laden PT one other year. Those were teams BG was wrestling with.

Again, I am happy where Boyle is ranked.

No doubt. I have admitted that in those championship years that BC was better than BG. I'm more or less talking about overall competition that both schools have faced for a majority of their existence.

I'll give you more successful in state title games. :D

Definitely nothing personal at all. I love a good debate. It sucks for me either way when Boyle County is pitted against BG because there will be a winner and loser and in that scenario I win and lose. And I really hate losing. :lol2:

I feel your pain. I graduated from Beechwood while all my kids went to Highlands. I've taken a lot of ribbing over the years.

I judge a program based on how many players move on to the next level. You can win all the State titles you want, but if very few of your players go on to college, in my book you failed. Right now Tilghman has three players in the NFL and when Josh Forrest gets drafted, it'll be four. Can Boyle say that? Male probably can, as well as Trinity. Mayfield, as awesome as they are, do not have anyone in the NFL.

I judge a program based on how many players move on to the next level. You can win all the State titles you want, but if very few of your players go on to college, in my book you failed. Right now Tilghman has three players in the NFL and when Josh Forrest gets drafted, it'll be four. Can Boyle say that? Male probably can, as well as Trinity. Mayfield, as awesome as they are, do not have anyone in the NFL.

I absolutely do not judge on players who move on to the next level. Actually if two teams were ranked dead even and one had 10 guys in the last 20 years play division 1 and the other had nobody play division 1 in the same time period I would probably be more of a fan of the team who did it with more overachievers. It's a team game. Ky basketball has set records for the number of draft pics the last few years but I would personally trade half of those draft picks for 1 or 2 more National Championships.