50 Greatest Programs in Kentucky History: #15-8

gchs_uk9

I judge a program based on how many players move on to the next level. You can win all the State titles you want, but if very few of your players go on to college, in my book you failed. Right now Tilghman has three players in the NFL and when Josh Forrest gets drafted, it'll be four. Can Boyle say that? Male probably can, as well as Trinity. Mayfield, as awesome as they are, do not have anyone in the NFL.

Sounds more like an indictment of a program if you have all that talent and win no championships.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely do not judge on players who move on to the next level. Actually if two teams were ranked dead even and one had 10 guys in the last 20 years play division 1 and the other had nobody play division 1 in the same time period I would probably be more of a fan of the team who did it with more overachievers. It's a team game. Ky basketball has set records for the number of draft pics the last few years but I would personally trade half of those draft picks for 1 or 2 more National Championships.

Sounds more like an indictment of a program if you have all that talent and win no championships.

While I know AllTell didn't quote Rebelpride64, I find that their two posts that close together are very interesting.

State Champ '84

Runner Up '85

Runner Up '86

Runner Up '00

Runner Up '01

State Champ '05

State Champ '06

Runner Up '07

Runner Up '08

State Champ '10

State Champ '12

Runner Up '13

Runner Up '14

Runner Up '15

Does NewCath get bonus points for playing in the GCL back in the late 60's, tied for 1st place in "66 or '67. :lol2:

Probably a little known fact and a great point .........Am I correct that NCC could not play in any Ky playoffs when they were members of the GCL or were they members of GCL and a Ky district. Kind of weird to think of a team from KY playing in the strongest high school football conference in Ohio and actually winning it.

Probably a little known fact and a great point .........Am I correct that NCC could not play in any Ky playoffs when they were members of the GCL or were they members of GCL and a Ky district. Kind of weird to think of a team from KY playing in the strongest high school football conference in Ohio and actually winning it.

You would be correct. Did not qualify for KY playoffs. Members of the GCL 66, 67, 68, 69, 70.

The only team they never beat was Moeller, and they did have a victory over Elder in the "Pit".

@gchs_uk9 this is a great list! As a Boyle fan I have no argument over our ranking. I will admit it took me by surprise to see us at 14 but then when I truly thought about it I could definitely see how we are 14th. Boyle should've beaten Danville and Russell County a few more times over the years and we would have more district titles to give us more points. You could go into recent years and say Boyle should've beat Lex Cath a couple more times as well to claim a couple more district titles. This is truly great work. I am impressed.

No doubt. I have admitted that in those championship years that BC was better than BG. I'm more or less talking about overall competition that both schools have faced for a majority of their existence.

That is so irrelevant dude.

THERE IS A REASON THAT CLASSES EXIST.

Sheesh...that's like saying your state titles are worth more than ours because you played against bigger schools.

State Championships = 11 points each

State Final Losses = 1 point each

District Championships = 1 point each

Playoff Wins = 1 point each

Boyle County:

7x11=77

1x1=1

15x1=15

63x1=63

Total Points: 77+1+15+63=156

Bowling Green:

5x11=55

4x1=4

25x1=25

72x1=72

Total Points: 55+4+25+72=156

It's a tie!!!!!!!!!

Two great programs.

What kind of points system is this? BG is a better program historically than Boyle. I don't know why so many Boyle fans are getting their feelings hurt over this. Over the last 15 years yeah Boyle is one of the top 5 in the state along with T and Highlands.

@PurplePride92 you started a battle over here and I'm just dying laughing at it all. I can't believe your loyalty to BCHS has been put in question. I knew of you and your support of Boyle through word of mouth and BGP before I actually knew you as a person. You'll always be a Rebel in my book and you are in many other people's books as well.

What kind of points system is this? BG is a better program historically than Boyle. I don't know why so many Boyle fans are getting their feelings hurt over this. Over the last 15 years yeah Boyle is one of the top 5 in the state along with T and Highlands.

@PurplePride92 you started a battle over here and I'm just dying laughing at it all. I can't believe your loyalty to BCHS has been put in question. I knew of you and your support of Boyle through word of mouth and BGP before I actually knew you as a person. You'll always be a Rebel in my book and you are in many other people's books as well.

I appreciate that homey! You know how I roll!!

Sheesh...that's like saying your state titles are worth more than ours because you played against bigger schools.

Your only reasoning behind Boyle County being a better program is state titles. You brought up head to head games and you got your answer there. In my eyes there are maybe 10-15 teams that Boyle County has produced since 1963 that would have been better than BG in those respective years yet here you are trying to convince me that Boyle County is a better program than BG? I've explained that one of the reasons that BG has two less titles is because of the competition they have had to face to get there.

Boyle County's stiffest traditional competition in their quest for titles has been Lexington Catholic and while I think Lexington Catholic is ranked pretty low in these rankings it should be noted that Boyle County currently has a losing record against them.

I just got to work and I'll be here until 8am. I can do this all night. :D

And again, you never answered my question. In 2-3 years if BG has gotten to 8 titles while Boyle still has 7 are you then going to say BG is the better program?

To be honest, there seems to be only 1 Rebel fan making an issue.