50 Greatest Programs in Kentucky History: #15-8

gchs_uk9

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that neccesarily matter? A state title is a state title. It benefits everyone, including Boyle County. The same people that were in 3A when they were contenders are the same teams that are challenging them now with the exception of Lexington Catholic (which BG has defeated I want to say 3-4 times in a row since the championship game). Understand that Bowling Green has gone on a run just like Boyle had in the early 2000s. Their accomplishments mirror each other. Head to head, Bowling Green has exposed Boyle in a very disheartening way. Bowling Green has more district and region titles. Bowling Green has more wins. Bowling Green has an all time better winning percentage. Boyle County is no slouch by any means, but these two programs are slotted correctly in terms of success. Sorry bout it.

Agreed.

Uh, no. I'm saying BG has played in a tougher class than Boyle County since they began playing football in 1922 and that is why BG has less titles than Boyle County.

In fact the numbers say the watering down of high school football by going to 6 classes actually hurt Boyle County and has made it harder for them to win state.

That alone is another point IMO.

You are putting way to much on your path thru the competition. It changes yearly.

Besides Boyles future looks very bright compared to recent years when talent has been down.

AGAIN their are classes for a reason. You can't say classes are harder because they got more students to pull from. It's all fair.

Are you going to judge Mayfields program by that too? Say because "your road was harder" you are a better program regardless of how many more titles they've won?

Cmon man.

You are putting way to much on your path thru the competition. It changes yearly.

Besides Boyles future looks very bright compared to recent years when talent has been down.

AGAIN their are classes for a reason. You can't say classes are harder because they got more students to pull from. It's all fair.

Are you going to judge Mayfields program by that too? Say because "your road was harder" you are a better program regardless of how many more titles they've won?

Cmon man.

No one compared Mayfield and BG's programs. Someone compared Boyle County and Bowling Green and I gave my answer to that comparison. In that comparison you said Boyle County was better than BG because of state titles won. 7-5. So if BG wins state the next 3 years and Boyle County doesn't is that automatically going to make BG the better program than Boyle County in your eyes? If so then that is how you judge programs and that's your choice.

Like I said, having been around the BG program since 1990 and the Boyle County program since 1998 I will respectfully disagree with you on who the better program is. Since 1990 my eyes have seen BG field better teams on a more consistent basis than Boyle County.

Does that neccesarily matter? A state title is a state title. It benefits everyone, including Boyle County. The same people that were in 3A when they were contenders are the same teams that are challenging them now with the exception of Lexington Catholic (which BG has defeated I want to say 3-4 times in a row since the championship game). Understand that Bowling Green has gone on a run just like Boyle had in the early 2000s. Their accomplishments mirror each other. Head to head, Bowling Green has exposed Boyle in a very disheartening way. Bowling Green has more district and region titles. Bowling Green has more wins. Bowling Green has an all time better winning percentage. Boyle County is no slouch by any means, but these two programs are slotted correctly in terms of success. Sorry bout it.

How has BG exposed BC in a disheartening way head-to-head?

Maybe a rhetorical question but that is a whole other thread and discussion. With style of play and talent available it is easier to win Mr. Football at Boyle County than Bowling Green. :D

What?!?! It says a lot about how good your program is.

How many BG products have signed D-1...played in the NFL? Playing in the NFL now?

How has BG exposed BC in a disheartening way head-to-head?

Last time they played I believe it was in the Rafferty's Bowl. Not too be disrespectful by any means, but the game was really out of hand and let's just say I am glad they were not slotted against each other again. I have nothing but respect for Boyle County's program... maybe it just wasn't their night.

For clarity sake:

Belfry and Boyle were only in the same class (2A) during 1999 and 2000.

Boyle moved to 3A in 2001 and Belfry remained in 2A.

Belfry won the 2A Title in 2003 and 2004. As good as that 2003 Belfry team is though I would not dare say they could have beat that 2003 Boyle team that won the title. 2004 I think the roles reverse but Boyle was a Runner-Up.

The two never shared the same class again until this year.

Boyle won 4A in 2009 and 2010... once again they would have smoked Belfry each of those years. Belfry was 3A Runner-=Up in 2010 but Boyle would have beat them 6 TD's +

Central and Boyle shared 3A together 2001-2007. Boyle crushed them in 2001 the only time they met during a Boyle title team. Boyle also beat them in 2004 in a much closer game.

In fairness, Ty Scroggins came to Central in 2007 when the 6 Class System began. Boyle and Central never played in the same class again. Central won the title over Belfry in 2007.

Central went on to win Titles in 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012. I dont think Boyle would have beat them in any of those years except 2010. That would have been a truly classic matchup. Boyle's 09 team would have beat Central that same year.

For clarity sake:

Belfry and Boyle were only in the same class (2A) during 1999 and 2000.

Boyle moved to 3A in 2001 and Belfry remained in 2A.

Belfry won the 2A Title in 2003 and 2004. As good as that 2003 Belfry team is though I would not dare say they could have beat that 2003 Boyle team that won the title.

The two never shared the same class again until this year.

Boyle won 4A in 2009 and 2010... once again they would have smoked Belfry each of those years.

Central and Boyle shared 3A together 2001-2007. Boyle crushed them in 2001 the only time they met during a Boyle title team. Boyle also beat them in 2004 in a much closer game.

In fairness, Ty Scroggins came to Central in 2007 when the 6 Class System began. Boyle and Central never played in the same class again. Central won the title over Belfry in 2007.

Central went on to win Titles in 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012. I dont think Boyle would have beat them in any of those years except 2010. That would have been a truly classic matchup.

ATL, I was speaking in terms before they seperated in to 6 classes. This is when BG had the likes of Highlands, Covington Catholic, Louisville Central, Lexington Catholic, Johnson Central, etc. Maybe I am misreading your post.