Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many people do you know that...

Featured Replies

How many people do you know personally (not a guy you heard about or talked to once but someone you actually knew and they knew you) that have died in some tragic manner that doesn't include traffic accidents...I'm talking about firearms accident, murder, suicide, drowning, farm equipment accident or other unknown deaths.

 

I'll get to the point of this question later on...I promise I'm not trying to be morbid just seeing what the range on BGP is for this question.

 

I've personally known 1 by firearms accident 1 by suicide and 1 by murder.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortunately, none.

Lost a friend to a house fire in 7th grade.

Just lost my cousin's son to a heroin overdose.

2 suicides that I can recall - one was a high school classmate; the other was my best friend's brother (although he may have been murdered; was never proven)

A friend from high school was murdered by her abusive husband who then took his own life.

Best friends little brother was killed working for electric company, they were working on lines when a live line hit the machinery he was working on and it fried him. He had 2 little kids at the time.

 

 

Classmate of mine blew his own head off accidently (wasn't a suicided), never did figure out exactly what happened.

Suicide

Drowning

Accidental shooting

I can think of two. One was a very good friend.

My daughter's mother committed suicide. My daughter discovered the body.

 

A friend was murdered by a firearm. My brother-in-law was standing right there when the friend was fatally shot in their cul de sac.

Guy I worked with was (some authorities believe) kidnaped at sea off the coast of Costa Rica by pirates and killed, along with his wife during their honeymoon. They went out on a very questionable, small charter boat, and no one was ever seen again. 10 years ago this summer. No one still knows what happened.

 

A.M. Costa Rica: Your English language daily news source

 

Mystery shrouds Kentucky couple's disappearance

I have lost 4 to suicides. I had an uncle murdered(shot in back). I have had a good friend and cousin OD on heroin.

I knew two people who were murdered by firearms, and another who they said it was an accident but we always had questions. Had another kid from my high school class who drowned.

My grandmother was killed in a house fire when I was a kid.

 

I know of another lady that committed suicide.

Former players dad was murdered in his driveway a couple years ago...shot ambush style.

More suicides than I care to number.

1 murder, not by firearm.

1 child shot dead by a sibling.

Suicide by hanging (friend of the family)

Suicide by gunshot (neighbor)

Suicide (high school classmate)

Heroin OD (acquaintance from community)

Heroin OD (ex-girlfriend)

Murder by gun (member of my former church)

OD on prescription meds (friend of the family)

Trampoline accident (childhood friend)

Farm equipment accident (coworker)

Infection after fall (relative)

Killed in action (acquaintance from high school)

Killed in action (childhood friend)

That's all I can think of at the moment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.