Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many people do you know that...

Featured Replies

Four by suicide, and one by an asthma attack. I knew one guy who was electrocuted at work. Sadly, just this week, a fine young Beechwood grad from an insulin reaction.

 

I will be interested in knowing why you are asking.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend in 8th grade broke his neck when he fell off a bunk bed.

 

A high school friend despondent over breaking up with his girlfriend closed himself in a garage with the car running. Even more tragically i looked like he tried to change his mind. He was found on the floor reaching for the door knob.

2 by overdoses.

1 by drowning.

1 by accidental shooting (didn't think the gun was loaded).

More suicides and overdoses than I care to mention.

 

I know one guy who died in a housefire.

 

My childhood friend, Ryan Poston, was shot and killed by his crazy ex-girlfriend 3 years ago.

 

A classmate and coworker of mine in high school, Jeff Pfetzer, died in an accident at UK when he and a guy he was messing around wrestling with in a dorm common area lost their balance, hit a window, and knocked the entire window unit out. They both fell to their deaths.

 

The father of a childhood friend of mine drowned in a rip-tide at Myrtle Beach on vacation. It also happened to be Fathers Day and his oldest daughter's birthday.

 

The father of another childhood friend of mine died after slipping on a piece of ice on the floor in the kitchen and striking his head on the tile floor.

Like others, I've dealt with about every tragic death imaginable. It's an occupational hazard.

This thread is a major downer. With that said off the top of my head.

 

One by suicide hung herself.

 

Two that were involved in a murder suicide.

 

And several by OD. Mostly folks I went to his with.

I know a few, family and friends. A couple drug overdoses, a couple murders, a drowning, a diving accident. Hadn't thought of a couple of them in a while.

One by gunshot (suicide) ,one week after I fired him ,POS .One by baseball bat , One fellow disappeared in Hawaii on vacation ( drowning ,shark )? Found his personal items on a beach . One suicide , jumped onto I-275 from bridge on US 27 in Ft Thomas , two in an explosion at AK steel , one by a steam explosion , one blown up in Viet-Nam . Two heroin overdoses , one motorcycle accident , Three in car accidents,one solo , two together . So 14 .
I forgot two other high school deaths ,One from leukemia and one guy fell asleep on a railroad track .

Double figures:

 

numerous by car wreck

1 by drug overdose (just last month...heroine)

several by suicide

a couple by plan crash

one fell and hit his head at Herrington Lake and drowned

probably more I'll think of

  • Author

Not counting those that have died in combat, traffic accidents or illness of some sort, it looks like we all know a handful of people that have died in some tragic unexpected manner.

Not counting those that have died in combat, traffic accidents or illness of some sort, it looks like we all know a handful of people that have died in some tragic unexpected manner.
Not near as many as the Bill and Hillary Clinton body count.. I would hate to be a friend of theirs..
Like others, I've dealt with about every tragic death imaginable.

 

Ditto.

  • Author
Not near as many as the Bill and Hillary Clinton body count.. I would hate to be a friend of theirs..

They do seem to have quite a few people close to them that have died in some tragic ways...many times more than most of us.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.