Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many people do you know that...

Featured Replies

A few personally.

 

More runs than I can remember on tragic deaths.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a really good friend that died in 2009 after an accident at Poker Run (Lake Cumberland) knocked him out and caused him to drown.

 

A friend from high school that committed suicide by shooting himself.

 

My uncle committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest.

College roommate of 2.5 years was pretty much decapitated in an auto accident. Another college friend died while cutting tree limbs; chain saw kicked back and got him in the neck.

 

My sister tried to commit suicide a couple of times, wound up dying of "natural causes" at 45.

2 classmates committed suicide. Both from Paducah.

A guy I played little league with and went although school with (not a real close friend though) was murdered a few weeks ago in Evansville. Police recently arrested 3 people for it and suspect motive was over him testifying against one of the guys friends in an assault trial.

 

A kid in my homeroom in high school was hit by a train our junior or senior year (can't remember which). He tried to run across the tracks to beat the train and...

 

I've known several that committed suicide, but wasn't really close with any.

Suicide - more than I care to remember

 

 

Drowning

 

Overdose

 

Mining accidents

 

Most tragic to me, my nephew to SIDS.

 

Murder - Google Miki Koontz.

I have been blessed in that I really know only one person that died a tragic death - plane wreck and I was not really that close to the person - more an acquaintance than friend.

 

I think I know where you are going with this JD...if I am right, I have mentioned this on here before.

Two.

 

One who's wife woke him up to see if he wanted breakfast, he said yes, turned over went back to sleep, when she came to wake him to let him know it was ready about 20 minutes later he was dead from a brain aneurysm. He was like 28.

 

The other was 2 years older than me, went to my same cardiologist and high school and was very well known in the community. He died in his sleep from a heart issue. He was probably 24 at the time.

One by gunshot (suicide) ,one week after I fired him ,POS .One by baseball bat , One fellow disappeared in Hawaii on vacation ( drowning ,shark )? Found his personal items on a beach . One suicide , jumped onto I-275 from bridge on US 27 in Ft Thomas , two in an explosion at AK steel , one by a steam explosion , one blown up in Viet-Nam . Two heroin overdoses , one motorcycle accident , Three in car accidents,one solo , two together . So 14 .

One of my best friends when I was little was killed in a house fire when we were around 10. I and a couple other friends had spent the night at his house, I went home in the morning and actually lived right by Ft Mitchell Fire dept and everytime they had a fire they would sound their siren in front of the station and we would run up there and watch the fire trucks head out. After the trucks left we would look on the chalk board where they would post the address of where they were responding...it happened to be my friends address, I hopped on my bike and got there as his mom was crying hysterically in their front yard with his sister as their house was fully engulfed. My friend was trapped in the bathroom and had the window open, it was on the 2nd floor. They saw him in the window and were screaming for him to jump, the FD couldn't get a ladder up to the window because of a tree so a fireman went in the front door to go upstairs to get him, his mom told him they were on their way upstairs to get him and that was the last she saw him. He died of smoke inhalation before they got to him. I'm sure many on here would know who I speak of but I would rather not put his name here...RIP. by the time I got there was after his mom saw him disappear in the window and she knew he was gone. It was something I will never forget and live with it everyday. We had just left not more than an hour before.

 

I also had a 2nd cousin murdered in Red river gorge by some drug dealers we believe, another person I'm sure some locals of NKY would know.

 

My baseball coach died in the Beverly Hills Supper club fire. He had made it out but went back in looking for his wife (who made it out another exit but he didn't know) and when he went back in according to witnesses is when one of the walls fell and it fell in him killing him.

  • Author

I forgot one, I had a really good friend from high School that committed suicide a few years ago.

Enough that I really don't want to try to recall them all and their circumstances. I'm guessing 8-10 though depending on the criteria to deem it a tragic event. The one that always keeps popping into my head when anything like this is discussed though was the murder of a friend's little sister.

 

She was still in high school and was struck in the temple area by a "stray" bullet that went through a window she was sitting on the opposite side of. The shooter eventually turned himself in and claimed he didn't mean to hurt anyone, just wanted to scare someone inside. He got 10 years or so in prison, probably served 7. She got life.

Lost an uncle who was electrocuted while felling trees by a road in a rural area.

Good friend and colleague killed in a plane crash.

 

Friend killed trimming trees.

 

2 cousins killed in Beverly Hills Supper Club fire. Remember it clearly-the only time that I've ever been to a double funeral.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.