Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many people do you know that...

Featured Replies

I've known quite a few that have died from drug overdoses and a car wreck. However, of those that I was close with:

 

1 - leukemia in high school

1 - drug overdose a handful of years ago

1 - suicide less than 2 weeks ago

  • Replies 60
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They do seem to have quite a few people close to them that have died in some tragic ways...many times more than most of us.

 

Kennedy's. Two assassinated, one died in combat, another sibling in a plane crash. Still another was treated to a labotomy.

Kennedy's. Two assassinated, one died in combat, another sibling in a plane crash. Still another was treated to a labotomy.

 

Are we getting away from the thread?

Add: friend who perished in the plane crash @ Bluegrass Airport.

 

Do we include BGPers that we've known but never met? (Birdsfan, Alabama Larry, etc.)

[quote=Bluto;5587521

 

Do we include BGPers that we've known but never met? (Birdsfan, Alabama Larry, etc.)

 

"firearms accident, murder, suicide, drowning, farm equipment accident or other unknown deaths"

Are we getting away from the thread?

 

Probably. It started when someone mentioned the Clintons

Are we getting away from the thread?

 

BTW, I still haven't figured out the point of the thread.

My cousin was stuck by lightning and killed at Boone Woods fort many years ago.

Several others but that one I will never get over.

Today I learned of another friend who was unable to overcome his battle with depression. RIP Jean-Phillipe. Friends and family, if someone you know battles depression, don't downplay the seriousness of the disease. It can be lethal.

Today I learned of another friend who was unable to overcome his battle with depression. RIP Jean-Phillipe. Friends and family, if someone you know battles depression, don't downplay the seriousness of the disease. It can be lethal.

 

Wow...so sorry to hear that Mom....

  • Author
BTW, I still haven't figured out the point of the thread.

 

I had two different ideas, but after reading the responses I'm just going to let the thread stand without further comment as to my original two-fold motives. It's just so sad seeing the amount of tragedy that we each have had visited upon us, our friends and families.

 

Any other comment at this point I feel would cheapen what has been shared.

I've known 3 people who committed suicide, 2 that Od'd, 4 that were murdered and one good friend that was hit and killed by Cincy Police officer that blew a stop sign trying to join a police chase

Man, more people know of someone that has been murdered than I thought. So sad. All tragic deaths are terribly sad, but murder is the saddest to me of the friends I've lost suddenly.

I found my brother-in-law after he commited suicide. He shot himself in the head. I will never forget it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.