Everything posted by norse1
-
Covington Catholic vs. Oak Hills (OH) Updates
Sure am!
-
Covington Catholic vs. Oak Hills (OH) Updates
Come On Highlanders!! I wanted to go tonight but have to be up for for work at 4 am.
-
The Most Painful Loss Your Team Ever Took?
Scott's playoff run coming to an end last season against Johnson Central by a last second Hail Mary pass was painful..
-
Officials Arrest 30-Year Old Man Pretending To Be High School Player
This story reminds me of a guy I went to high school with. Long after we graduated and in our mid twenties my good friend arrested him for having a fake ID to make him look like he was 17 so he could go to the under 18 club nights..
-
Open Job: Scott
It's his first year as AD. Calling him terrible is harsh. I'm sure there is a learning curve but he has been a good leader in an a lot more important role than a high school in the past. So I'm confident he will catch on.
-
Brad Carr out at Scott?
I heard the same thing. I also heard some of the things he has said to kids in the past.. If it is true I'm surprised he lasted this long. However I will say my interactions with him have always been good. And I know he does care for his players a lot.
-
Brad Carr out at Scott?
Lots of bad publicity at Scott right now.
-
Former Kentucky High School player David Kapinga
Unfortunately they came up short however he still had 15 Pts in the effort. The cool thing is Canada gives 5 years eligibility so he has 3 more years.. I have to admit it was funny hearing the Canadian announcers try to say Barbourville last night.
-
Former Kentucky High School player David Kapinga
Tonight he takes the court for the National Championship title in Canada for the University of Calgary.
-
Are recruiting combines money grabs?
Not all high school coaches are good at gauging talent either or are not great at the recruiting process. Camps do you give you a idea at where you match up. But if you really want to go blow a college coach away.. Do something crazy like get a 28 on the ACT.
-
Are recruiting combines money grabs?
The pride of Polk High!
-
Are recruiting combines money grabs?
NUC certainly is. Nike Sparq and Under Armour are free camps to get in. The only cost is getting there..
-
Best KY Talent Unsigned
College ball is a very hard adjustment for kids.. Daily meetings at 5am, then weights then class, then actual practice. It's a grind.. That's why D3 schools will sign 40 kids then maybe 10 will be on the roster as a senior.
-
FCS schools signing Ky. kids (LOI's)
With EKU's new head coach a Cincinnati guy I see them recruiting Cincinnati a lot more and hopefully NKY as well!
-
Super Bowl 50 High School Honor Roll
This is really cool.. My wife's Uncle was on on the Lions 57 Championship team. He was a Elder Grad and played College ball at Xavier..
-
NKY Football Seniors
It's funny I had this conversation yesterday. Cincy ball is more competitive and usually at a much higher level than nky. Part of that reason is population. I bet a lot of kids that play in nky wouldn't in Cincy. It's not a knock on a kid but some of the kids are very talented but a few inches short or whatever the case maybe. NKY also has a lot of teams that have to play kids both ways. It's tough because lots of kids wear down very quickly because of that and may not make as many plays just from exhaustion which can kind of mask their athletic abilities.. Elder had 3 kids go to major D1 schools this year. Notre Dame, OSU, IU and 3 more to D1AA Lasalle is a much smaller school and still had 3 go to a major D1A school. 2 to OSU and one to Northwestern.. If you want exposure go to a Cincy High School.
-
True D-1 Talent
Lots of D1 talent go to smaller schools to play sooner, better education, stay close to home etc.
-
Simon Kenton's Dillon Powell Commits
It was Scruggs. Thank You that was driving me crazy
-
Jared Dougherty verbally commits to Lindsey Wilson
Good Luck!
-
Simon Kenton's Dillon Powell Commits
He just joined the team this month.. I'm just drawing a blank on the name now. I think he was c/o 2014? Running back
-
Simon Kenton's Dillon Powell Commits
Drew Moore From Dixie Heights is at ODU. Kameron Crim is at Tiffin. Justin Gangwish is at Malone And there is another kid from Holmes whose name escapes me at Tiffin.
-
Simon Kenton's Dillon Powell Commits
There's a lot of kids in the GLIAC from NKY.. More than I realized.
-
CBS top 5 non pro football plays of the year.
Try This http://fb.me/4jxxkVb4i
-
CBS top 5 non pro football plays of the year.
http://cbsprt.co/1Uc1qSk Number 3 is Scotts Nelson Perrin to Danny Fitzgerald.
-
Top returning players in NKY for next season
Nelson Perrin will get the nod at QB for Scott next year.