Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Hated Kentucky Wildcats

Featured Replies

Travis Ford

Rashaad Carruth

Daniel Orton

Archie Goodwin

Ryan Harrow

 

6th man Ritchie Farmer

 

Except for Archie, we think a lot alike.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except for Archie, we think a lot alike.

 

A terrifying reality that Jumper_Dad now must face.

 

I'm sorry JD... I'm so sorry.

No one can question Saul's consistent effort. At the same time, no one can question that the only reason he started as UK's point guard is because his Dad was the coach.

 

And because there wasn't another option.

And because there wasn't another option.

 

There wasn't a better option on the roster, but Tubby is the one who constructed the rosters.

 

If Saul's last name is Williams or Johnson, he never wears a UK uniform.

There wasn't a better option on the roster, but Tubby is the one who constructed the rosters.

 

If Saul's last name is Williams or Johnson, he never wears a UK uniform.

 

Sean Sutton was the same, by the way, except he was less deserving to be a UK player than Saul was. That's why Sean is on my first team and Saul the 6th man.

Man I completely forgot Sean Sutton! He has a spot on my team too...I didn't like him at Henry Clay either!

Good Thread I would like to know people choose certain players.

 

Richie Farmer - Was not very good player - yes he could shoot but should have never got an offer.

Jared Prickett - over rated as a player

Patrick Sparks - See Richie

Sean Sutton - was teririble only played because of dad

Saul Smith - see Sean Sutton

Good Thread I would like to know people choose certain players.

 

Richie Farmer - Was not very good player - yes he could shoot but should have never got an offer.

Jared Prickett - over rated as a player

Patrick Sparks - See Richie

Sean Sutton - was teririble only played because of dad

Saul Smith - see Sean Sutton

 

I forget, wasn't Ritchie a Sutton recruit that Pitino inherited?

 

 

Back then, I think with Ritchie being Mr. Kentucky Basketball (a sad fact for our state), there would have been a ton of pressure to offer a scholarship to him to anyone who was coach of UK. Today that same pressure doesn't seem near as strong. I think people have finally accepted that just because someone was considered the best HS player in the state means they will always be a great college player. Sometimes they are but it cannot be simply assumed.

I forget, wasn't Ritchie a Sutton recruit that Pitino inherited?

 

 

Back then, I think with Ritchie being Mr. Kentucky Basketball (a sad fact for our state), there would have been a ton of pressure to offer a scholarship to him to anyone who was coach of UK. Today that same pressure doesn't seem near as strong. I think people have finally accepted that just because someone was considered the best HS player in the state means they will always be a great college player. Sometimes they are but it cannot be simply assumed.

 

Yes Eddie was drunk and offered him....

Yes Eddie was drunk and offered him....

 

LOL

 

Like I said, I cannot beat up on Sutton too much. It seems like back then (much moreso than today) there was an expectation to offer players like Richie or else the fan base would get all bent out of shame and coaches like Sutton and Hall probably didn't have the cajones to go against the fan base like Pitino did (Cal probably also).

Patrick Sparks & Daniel Orton were two of my least favorites.

 

Obviously Michael Porter should be on anyone's list.

 

Richie has to be on there. Travis Ford is on there.

Derek Anderson

Ron Mercer

Travis Ford

Sean Woods

Kenny Walker

 

Why Kenny Walker?

Why Kenny Walker?

 

I know, right? I loved Kenny Walker. He's still high on my list of all-time favorite college players.

 

Yes Eddie was drunk and offered him....

 

Pretty sure Eddie was "Forced" to offer him at the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.