Most Hated Kentucky Wildcats

JokersWild24

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't a better option on the roster, but Tubby is the one who constructed the rosters.

If Saul's last name is Williams or Johnson, he never wears a UK uniform.

Sean Sutton was the same, by the way, except he was less deserving to be a UK player than Saul was. That's why Sean is on my first team and Saul the 6th man.

Good Thread I would like to know people choose certain players.

Richie Farmer - Was not very good player - yes he could shoot but should have never got an offer.

Jared Prickett - over rated as a player

Patrick Sparks - See Richie

Sean Sutton - was teririble only played because of dad

Saul Smith - see Sean Sutton

Good Thread I would like to know people choose certain players.

Richie Farmer - Was not very good player - yes he could shoot but should have never got an offer.

Jared Prickett - over rated as a player

Patrick Sparks - See Richie

Sean Sutton - was teririble only played because of dad

Saul Smith - see Sean Sutton

I forget, wasn't Ritchie a Sutton recruit that Pitino inherited?

Back then, I think with Ritchie being Mr. Kentucky Basketball (a sad fact for our state), there would have been a ton of pressure to offer a scholarship to him to anyone who was coach of UK. Today that same pressure doesn't seem near as strong. I think people have finally accepted that just because someone was considered the best HS player in the state means they will always be a great college player. Sometimes they are but it cannot be simply assumed.

I forget, wasn't Ritchie a Sutton recruit that Pitino inherited?

Back then, I think with Ritchie being Mr. Kentucky Basketball (a sad fact for our state), there would have been a ton of pressure to offer a scholarship to him to anyone who was coach of UK. Today that same pressure doesn't seem near as strong. I think people have finally accepted that just because someone was considered the best HS player in the state means they will always be a great college player. Sometimes they are but it cannot be simply assumed.

Yes Eddie was drunk and offered him....

Yes Eddie was drunk and offered him....

LOL

Like I said, I cannot beat up on Sutton too much. It seems like back then (much moreso than today) there was an expectation to offer players like Richie or else the fan base would get all bent out of shame and coaches like Sutton and Hall probably didn't have the cajones to go against the fan base like Pitino did (Cal probably also).