Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Hated Kentucky Wildcats

Featured Replies

Honestly don't understand the hate toward Saul. Nobody played harder than Saul Smith.

 

I'm with you. I never disliked Saul, had a heart as big as a building.

 

He simply was not a prime time point guard, and took a lot of crap because his dad put him in the spot.

 

Had Tubby recruited a top point guard, Saul could have played the back up role at the 1 and the 2 and people would have loved him.

 

It's the biggest thing that made me start to dislike Tubby. He was getting paid to do what was best for the UK program, and IMO he put his son ahead of the program.

 

But I don't blame Saul for that.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he was goofy looking and everybody thought he walked on water.

 

Got to know him and he really is a great person.

Got to know him and he really is a great person.

 

Isn't he still doing sports commentary?

 

I was too young to really appreciate Walker's play. When I ask people about him, many compare him to IU's Calbert Chaney who I remember. Others tell me that was a bad example so who knows.

Isn't he still doing sports commentary?

 

I was too young to really appreciate Walker's play. When I ask people about him, many compare him to IU's Calbert Chaney who I remember. Others tell me that was a bad example so who knows.

 

Yes. When he was a Senior and graduating from UK. They had what they called a "Seniors Series. I was involved with this. When we were at Breathitt Co, when the second half started they had to pull Kenny out of the stands talking to kids and giving autographs. He was really great with the kids, unlike Jarrod Pricket .

In no particular order (But all are equal in my book):

 

Eric Manual

LeRon Ellis

Jared Prickett

Dirk Minniefield

Patrick Sparks

Archie Godwin

Seeing LeRon Ellis's name show up a few times. Is this due to his court actions or did you guys know him in class?

  • Author
Richie was Kentucky Mr. Basketball, but he was not a McDonalds's All American.

 

Correct. I just looked it up again. For some reason, I could have sworn he was (maybe just saw him on a list of nominees or had it confused with another game), but you are exactly right on that and I was 100% wrong.

Roger Hardin and his banked 3 pointers from the top of the key drove me nuts (we later became friends, but his playing days I was not a fan)

Archie Goodwin - drive and flop, repeat

Rod Rhodes - I was one who expected too much from him but at the time he was a big let down

Jared Prickett - missed so many layups it was embarrassing.

Marvin Stone - transferred to Louisville

My most hated Wildcat off all time is Eddie Sutton. Was a complete drunk and left the program in shambles. He got off scot free while others got severely punished. He was in charge and should have been held accountable. Sutton was forgiven in the business and allowed to coach again. I saw someone mention Casey. I will always believe he was the scapegoat. Glad he's done well for himself at the NBA level.

Patrick Sparks & Daniel Orton were two of my least favorites.

 

Obviously Michael Porter should be on anyone's list.

 

Richie has to be on there. Travis Ford is on there.

 

Did you hate Ford when he was a player here? Or did you start to hate him after his playing days when people got to truly know him? I know many people don't like him now, but as a player he was one of my favorites.

1. Chris Mills

 

2. Sean Sutton

3. Jay Shidler

3. DeMarcus Cousins

 

5. Harrison twins (Hate is such a strong word but I hope that they mature into less selfish players who can pass up a bad shot.)

 

Surprised to see the Harrison's on here if youre a UK fan. During the season yes I could have bought that lol. However they did exactly what you just said when they went on that tournament run and became apart of the team and less selfish, which is one of the reasons they went on such an incredible run.

There's a name I'm surprised not to see more of. Don't know if it's personally true or not' date=' but he wasn't really someone that a lot of people had very glowing reviews for when they were rating encounters.[/quote']He lives up to the first four letters of his name quite well.

 

My list definitely starts with him and Farmer (who my hatred towards dates way back before he became a crook).

As a person he's a butthole. As a UK player he was excellent. Definitely never disliked him as a player.
Forgot about him, he sucks too. But I did like him as a player.
  • Author
Sam Malone is better than Saul Smith. Plus, Saul gave Cliff Hawkins asthma

 

That's hilarious. I'd never heard that one before.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.