Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Hated Kentucky Wildcats

Featured Replies

  • Author
I've got an almost all white guy team:

 

Travis Ford

Patrick Sparks

Sean Sutton

Jared Prickett

Daniel Orton

 

 

There's a name I'm surprised not to see more of. Don't know if it's personally true or not, but he wasn't really someone that a lot of people had very glowing reviews for when they were rating encounters.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Honestly don't understand the hate toward Saul. Nobody played harder than Saul Smith.

 

I think it was more Tubby playing him too much (especially in some bigger moments) as a freshman, then the perception that we couldn't recruit a better point guard because no one wanted to go up against the coach's son, then later that Hawkins was better but played less.

  • Author
I never liked the Air Pair.

 

Speak for yourself.

 

True story: as a 6th grader, I had a D-Anderson swirl haircut. It didn't really help my game, but it looked good.

  • Author
I forget, wasn't Ritchie a Sutton recruit that Pitino inherited?

 

 

Back then, I think with Ritchie being Mr. Kentucky Basketball (a sad fact for our state), there would have been a ton of pressure to offer a scholarship to him to anyone who was coach of UK. Today that same pressure doesn't seem near as strong. I think people have finally accepted that just because someone was considered the best HS player in the state means they will always be a great college player. Sometimes they are but it cannot be simply assumed.

 

 

Yes Eddie was drunk and offered him....

 

 

Pretty sure Eddie was "Forced" to offer him at the time.

 

 

Richie was also a McDonald's High School All American and very well could have ended up at Indiana if he weren't offered by UK.

 

The list of kids from Kentucky who've played in the McDAA game isn't very long. Letting one go to Bob Knight and Indiana in the late 80's probably wouldn't have went over very well, and I've heard more than one or two of the old timers back in EKY say that was where he very well could have ended up.

 

Farmer was definitely not a kid like Polson who was asked to walk-on and then got a scholarship because there was one available and probably would have been welcome at plenty of schools.

 

Lofton wasn't even a McDAA and you can see the kind of pressure that was put on UK to recruit him. I'm not sure it's really fair to say a McDAA with the kind of following Farmer had in high school and is already in your own backyard is really "forced" on you like people let on.

 

It'd look bad on the coaches if they let him pull a Lofton and go elsewhere, but I don't think it was really a huge charity case, "let's give out spots like Gillispie did" type of thing.

1. Chris Mills

 

2. Sean Sutton

3. Jay Shidler

3. DeMarcus Cousins

 

5. Harrison twins (Hate is such a strong word but I hope that they mature into less selfish players who can pass up a bad shot.)

G - Alex Legion

F - Jason Parker

F - Irving Thomas

C - Leron Ellis

C - Lukasz Obrzut

  • Author
G - Alex Legion

F - Jason Parker

F - Irving Thomas

C - Leron Ellis

C - Lukasz Obrzut

 

 

Good call on Legion. Don't know whether we should put him or his Mom up there though. Maybe both together?

 

 

Had Woo in class and he seemed like a really nice guy, so I can't hate on him. He was always really respectful to the professor, nice to everyone in the class, kind of kept his head down, speak when spoken to, did his work went on, all of that. It was a fairly small sociology class, so it wasn't anything really intense or whatever, but I always thought he was extremely well spoken for someone who was taking a class in their 2nd or 3rd language.

 

 

I did sneak in and see :20 or so of him playing in a pickup game with Rondo, Hayes, Crawford, Bradley, Sparks, Elijah Muhammed (brother of the guy who played at U of L), and some other the other guys when I went to Memorial to pick up football tickets one day and they happened to be in there and no one ran the few people who'd started watching off.

 

I left amazed at how skilled he was, like fundamentally speaking. Dude was huge, legit 7 foot and some muscle, but still had some serious range and moved nothing like you'd see him doing on tv. It was insane seeing him in that setting just doing his thing and then seeing him look like a fish out of water in a game setting.

 

I can see why places would recruit him, but also at the same time, why he'd have a hard time adapting to the American style of play and all that. Definitely one of those guys who made me realize how little summer pickup game reports sometimes mean when it comes to actual in-game performance.

 

Not trying to pick on you because everyone is guilty of it, but you really take for granted how talented some of those guys are and it hits you when you see Woo goofing around and making 5 straight from the volleyball lines while they were shooting around.

I've got an almost all white guy team:

 

Travis Ford

Patrick Sparks

Sean Sutton

Jared Prickett

Daniel Orton

 

Really? I thought he was your boy.

Richie was also a McDonald's High School All American and very well could have ended up at Indiana if he weren't offered by UK.

 

The list of kids from Kentucky who've played in the McDAA game isn't very long. Letting one go to Bob Knight and Indiana in the late 80's probably wouldn't have went over very well, and I've heard more than one or two of the old timers back in EKY say that was where he very well could have ended up.

 

Farmer was definitely not a kid like Polson who was asked to walk-on and then got a scholarship because there was one available and probably would have been welcome at plenty of schools.

 

Lofton wasn't even a McDAA and you can see the kind of pressure that was put on UK to recruit him. I'm not sure it's really fair to say a McDAA with the kind of following Farmer had in high school and is already in your own backyard is really "forced" on you like people let on.

 

It'd look bad on the coaches if they let him pull a Lofton and go elsewhere, but I don't think it was really a huge charity case, "let's give out spots like Gillispie did" type of thing.

Richie was Kentucky Mr. Basketball, but he was not a McDonalds's All American.

Richie was Kentucky Mr. Basketball, but he was not a McDonalds's All American.

 

I was thinking that too but could not think back that far. As was said, Sutton was almost forced to offer Richie due to the excessive hype behind him. I still shake my head at all the phone calls Pitino used to get on the call in show basically asking; "Hey coach, ya gonna play Richie????"

 

Thank heavens this was on the radio so we did not see his facial expression when asked that question every single call in show.

Why Kenny Walker?

 

Because he was goofy looking and everybody thought he walked on water.

Because he was goofy looking and everybody thought he walked on water.

 

He didn't walk on water, he flew through the SKY, hence the nick name. LOL

Patrick Sparks & Daniel Orton were two of my least favorites.

 

Obviously Michael Porter should be on anyone's list.

 

Richie has to be on there. Travis Ford is on there.

 

As a person he's a butthole. As a UK player he was excellent. Definitely never disliked him as a player.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.