Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Hated Kentucky Wildcats

Featured Replies

Isn't he still doing sports commentary?

 

I was too young to really appreciate Walker's play. When I ask people about him, many compare him to IU's Calbert Chaney who I remember. Others tell me that was a bad example so who knows.

 

Walker's and Cheaney's games were in no way similar, so I have no clue where that comparison comes from.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprised to see the Harrison's on here if youre a UK fan. During the season yes I could have bought that lol. However they did exactly what you just said when they went on that tournament run and became apart of the team and less selfish, which is one of the reasons they went on such an incredible run.
And I expect that they will revert to their selfish selves when the regular season begins. If not, then I will give them credit for putting the team ahead of their potential NBA careers. I don't like selfish guards. Never have. Never will.
Because he was goofy looking and everybody thought he walked on air.

Fixed that for you!

 

Got to spend a few hours with him one day. If you like Mitch after one meeting, you'd love Sky!

And I expect that they will revert to their selfish selves when the regular season begins. If not, then I will give them credit for putting the team ahead of their potential NBA careers. I don't like selfish guards. Never have. Never will.

Cal tells them over and over to get the ball up, even if it's a bad shot in close just get it up so other guys can go get it. I think a lot of shots they took in traffic that fans didn't like were exactly what Cal wanted. I heard him say just get it up and don't get it blocked, getting shot blocked is the worst thing that can happen in Cal's mind...not a bad shot.

Walker's and Cheaney's games were in no way similar, so I have no clue where that comparison comes from.

 

Too young to remember Walker so I can neither agree or disagree with you. In that same conversation some said Cheaney was more like a Mashburn. I am not sure if I would say their style of play was very common.

He was a jerk off the court but I always felt he was unfairly scrutinized on the court.

 

:sarcastic: he was a what?

Edited by 00Rocket28

That's hilarious. I'd never heard that one before.

 

Saul's daddy kept taking Hawkins out of games because of an onset of asthma. Of course the backup was Saul

  • Author
Saul's daddy kept taking Hawkins out of games because of an onset of asthma. Of course the backup was Saul

 

No, I got it, I was just agreeing that it was funny. I'd just never heard it put like that when he said "Saul gave Hawkins asthma".

Too young to remember Walker so I can neither agree or disagree with you. In that same conversation some said Cheaney was more like a Mashburn. I am not sure if I would say their style of play was very common.

 

It's a closer comparison to Mashburn than Walker, but there's still a lot of differences. Mashburn was a post-up guy who could also rebound, drive and spot up on 3s. Cheaney made his living as a wing slasher/spot-up guy with a deadly midrange game. Neither player cared for playing defense.

 

Walker couldn't shoot outside of 8 feet, really, but was such a strong low-post guy because of his unbelievable athleticism and was a nightmare on defense. I remember Kentucky beating Washington in the NCAAs one year where Walker swatted a shot by future NBA star Detlef Schrempf — Walker gave up a good 4 inches to him — into the second deck at either Provo or Weber St.

 

In that game, Walker completely terrorized a Husky front line that featured three 7-footers.

It's a closer comparison to Mashburn than Walker, but there's still a lot of differences. Mashburn was a post-up guy who could also rebound, drive and spot up on 3s. Cheaney made his living as a wing slasher/spot-up guy with a deadly midrange game. Neither player cared for playing defense.

 

Walker couldn't shoot outside of 8 feet, really, but was such a strong low-post guy because of his unbelievable athleticism and was a nightmare on defense. I remember Kentucky beating Washington in the NCAAs one year where Walker swatted a shot by future NBA star Detlef Schrempf — Walker gave up a good 4 inches to him — into the second deck at either Provo or Weber St.

 

In that game, Walker completely terrorized a Husky front line that featured three 7-footers.

 

Chris Welp and Schrempf were on that team.

 

Walker, under Hall, hit around the FT line in. Under Sutton, he really put him in the Center spot more than Hall did. Kenny was not fluid like Mash nor had his range but he had far better hops.

 

Walker was also a very good weak side defender and ran the court well for his size in that era.

Kenny Walker playing for Cal would have been unreal!!! He would have used him much better than Sutton did. Walker was a limited shooter as far as range goes, but in his range he was dead on and shot over 57% for his career at UK! 75% FT also.

Kenny Walker playing for Cal would have been unreal!!! He would have used him much better than Sutton did. Walker was a limited shooter as far as range goes, but in his range he was dead on and shot over 57% for his career at UK! 75% FT also.

 

Walker would have been amazing for Cal. Even though he was a star, I felt his game was restrained often.

Walker would have been amazing for Cal. Even though he was a star, I felt his game was restrained often.

 

By Sutton or by Hall or both?

 

Really wish I remembered Walker better. I was old enough to realize he was the great player but not old enough to understand the game enough to understand his style of that makes sense.

Steve Masiello.

 

He wins by a landslide!

 

Shot 0-12 from the field during his senior year. Still had that cocky strut.

By Sutton or by Hall or both?

 

Really wish I remembered Walker better. I was old enough to realize he was the great player but not old enough to understand the game enough to understand his style of that makes sense.

 

Hall especially — but he was younger and it was hard to get him shots, especially with guys like Turpin and Bowie in the same frontcourt. Sutton did a better job of it, but not enough. Walker would thrive in today's more open offenses.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.