Who's next?

LRCW

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those were by far the easiest predictions.

They were, but personally I was undecided on Dakari. Didn't think he was ready and another year would really do him some good, but with Towns coming in and WCS coming back I was afraid he would get "pushed out". Glad to see him back, it's going to be interesting to see how the post minutes get divided next year.

Not to mention guys like Lee, Hawkins, and Willis have all off season to improve their games as well. No matter what I am going to be so pumped up about next years team, but if the twins come back then we will have final four experience from our guards and the same point guard two years in a row with Cal which hasn't happened since he came.

Don't think Hawkins or Willis sniff the court if Twins return. Less than 5 minutes per game for each IMO (less than 2 minutes for Willis).

Don't think Hawkins or Willis sniff the court if Twins return. Less than 5 minutes per game for each IMO (less than 2 minutes for Willis).

I think Willis has all the skills necessary, his body and defense just weren't ready. If he works hard I can definitely see him getting some PT. FWIW, I keep seeing Rex Chapman say Willis is the only 3 on the roster and expects him to start next year.

Also, Hawkins is a great on ball defender and if he can get a jump shot he will earn some minutes (not a lot I'm sure). Good thing about Hawkins, as we saw with the tournament, is he is always ready to play and whether it's 2 minutes or 20 he gives it his all.

I think Willis has all the skills necessary, his body and defense just weren't ready. If he works hard I can definitely see him getting some PT. FWIW, I keep seeing Rex Chapman say Willis is the only 3 on the roster and expects him to start next year.

Alex Poythress can play the three. And I wouldn't be shocked to see a lineup (maybe not to start) of:

Harrison

Booker

Harrison

Insert any big

Insert any big

The way Calipari runs his teams, you aren't really defined by a position.

Heck I can see a lineup of:

Harrison

Booker/Harrison

Towns

WCS

Dakari

So many options if the Twins come back.

Alex Poythress can play the three. And I wouldn't be shocked to see a lineup (maybe not to start) of:

Harrison

Booker

Harrison

Insert any big

Insert any big

The way Calipari runs his teams, you aren't really defined by a position.

Heck I can see a lineup of

Harrison

Booker/Harrison

Towns

WCS

Dakari

So many options if the Twins come back.

I was thinking more along the lines of Ulis, Harrison, Harrison, and fill in the rest.

I was thinking more along the lines of Ulis, Harrison, Harrison, and fill in the rest.

Yeah, I mean he's going to have so many options. I just liked having "the shooters on the floor". I'm biased haha!

Calipari will be in heaven if the Twins come back , "You don't want to play hard, hang your head after a mistake, make stupid turnovers...look over there. 4 other guys that I can bring in right now and we won't miss a beat."

They were, but personally I was undecided on Dakari. Didn't think he was ready and another year would really do him some good, but with Towns coming in and WCS coming back I was afraid he would get "pushed out". Glad to see him back, it's going to be interesting to see how the post minutes get divided next year.

Dakari is too limited athletically to be a lottery pick at this point. If you're a frosh & you're not a lottery pick, you need to come back. It's really as simple as that.

Dakari is too limited athletically to be a lottery pick at this point. If you're a frosh & you're not a lottery pick, you need to come back. It's really as simple as that.

Couldn't possibly disagree more. If you're a 1st round pick, regardless of class, it's in your best interest to head to the league.

To get that rookie contract started and out of the way as soon as possible?

That, and guaranteed money. The longer you stay in school, the more time teams have to see your flaws and dissect your game. You never know what could happen injury wise either. Go, get the guaranteed $3-4M over the next 3 years, and get to that 2nd contract. If it doesn't work out, you've banked more than enough to go back and finish your degree and make a solid life for yourself outside of basketball.