Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's next?

Featured Replies

hey guys....just saying.

 

Those were by far the easiest predictions.

  • Replies 201
  • Views 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those were by far the easiest predictions.

 

They were, but personally I was undecided on Dakari. Didn't think he was ready and another year would really do him some good, but with Towns coming in and WCS coming back I was afraid he would get "pushed out". Glad to see him back, it's going to be interesting to see how the post minutes get divided next year.

Not only that but I don't think its happened for Calipari in general since like 2007.

 

To think of the success he has had doing it that way is incredible...

Not to mention guys like Lee, Hawkins, and Willis have all off season to improve their games as well. No matter what I am going to be so pumped up about next years team, but if the twins come back then we will have final four experience from our guards and the same point guard two years in a row with Cal which hasn't happened since he came.

 

Don't think Hawkins or Willis sniff the court if Twins return. Less than 5 minutes per game for each IMO (less than 2 minutes for Willis).

Don't think Hawkins or Willis sniff the court if Twins return. Less than 5 minutes per game for each IMO (less than 2 minutes for Willis).

 

Completely unrelated, love the username! :thumb:

Don't think Hawkins or Willis sniff the court if Twins return. Less than 5 minutes per game for each IMO (less than 2 minutes for Willis).

 

I think Willis has all the skills necessary, his body and defense just weren't ready. If he works hard I can definitely see him getting some PT. FWIW, I keep seeing Rex Chapman say Willis is the only 3 on the roster and expects him to start next year.

 

Also, Hawkins is a great on ball defender and if he can get a jump shot he will earn some minutes (not a lot I'm sure). Good thing about Hawkins, as we saw with the tournament, is he is always ready to play and whether it's 2 minutes or 20 he gives it his all.

Completely unrelated, love the username! :thumb:

 

Classic flick. "You're a Hall-of-Famer in my book."

I think Willis has all the skills necessary, his body and defense just weren't ready. If he works hard I can definitely see him getting some PT. FWIW, I keep seeing Rex Chapman say Willis is the only 3 on the roster and expects him to start next year.

 

Alex Poythress can play the three. And I wouldn't be shocked to see a lineup (maybe not to start) of:

 

Harrison

Booker

Harrison

Insert any big

Insert any big

 

The way Calipari runs his teams, you aren't really defined by a position.

 

Heck I can see a lineup of:

 

Harrison

Booker/Harrison

Towns

WCS

Dakari

 

So many options if the Twins come back.

Don't need a 3 plug one of the Harrisons there and go 3 guard lineup

  • Author
Alex Poythress can play the three. And I wouldn't be shocked to see a lineup (maybe not to start) of:

 

Harrison

Booker

Harrison

Insert any big

Insert any big

 

The way Calipari runs his teams, you aren't really defined by a position.

 

Heck I can see a lineup of

 

Harrison

Booker/Harrison

Towns

WCS

Dakari

 

So many options if the Twins come back.

 

I was thinking more along the lines of Ulis, Harrison, Harrison, and fill in the rest.

I was thinking more along the lines of Ulis, Harrison, Harrison, and fill in the rest.

 

Yeah, I mean he's going to have so many options. I just liked having "the shooters on the floor". I'm biased haha!

 

Calipari will be in heaven if the Twins come back , "You don't want to play hard, hang your head after a mistake, make stupid turnovers...look over there. 4 other guys that I can bring in right now and we won't miss a beat."

They were, but personally I was undecided on Dakari. Didn't think he was ready and another year would really do him some good, but with Towns coming in and WCS coming back I was afraid he would get "pushed out". Glad to see him back, it's going to be interesting to see how the post minutes get divided next year.

 

Dakari is too limited athletically to be a lottery pick at this point. If you're a frosh & you're not a lottery pick, you need to come back. It's really as simple as that.

Dakari is too limited athletically to be a lottery pick at this point. If you're a frosh & you're not a lottery pick, you need to come back. It's really as simple as that.

 

Couldn't possibly disagree more. If you're a 1st round pick, regardless of class, it's in your best interest to head to the league.

Couldn't possibly disagree more. If you're a 1st round pick, regardless of class, it's in your best interest to head to the league.

 

To get that rookie contract started and out of the way as soon as possible?

To get that rookie contract started and out of the way as soon as possible?

 

That, and guaranteed money. The longer you stay in school, the more time teams have to see your flaws and dissect your game. You never know what could happen injury wise either. Go, get the guaranteed $3-4M over the next 3 years, and get to that 2nd contract. If it doesn't work out, you've banked more than enough to go back and finish your degree and make a solid life for yourself outside of basketball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.