Birdsfan Fighting For His Life Tonight

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Birdsfan's brother last night.......

Michael Lehkamp

11 hours ago near Fort Thomas, KY

I wanted everyone that knows my younger brother Dave and is not in his prayer group, that he suffered a heart attack this morning and was gone for well over 15 minutes. St E in Ft Thomas was able to revive him. At the time of this posting he has been transferred to ICU. He is not breathing on his own. Machines are doing that and he is undergoing hypothermic protocol to reduce further damage to organs. First 24 is critical. Please squeeze Dave into your prayers tonight. Thank you.

Birdsfan should be the initial member of the BGP Hall of Fame. When I joined BGP, he was really the first person that I made a personal connection with, and he has been a great friend to me over the years. This news has been really tough to deal with, as if it were a family member. I've been praying a lot, and hoping for the best.

I keep reminding myself that BF has always been a fighter, that he has beaten the odds many times and that God is in control. I know that BF has a strong relationship with his Lord and I know that he is ready to face whatever it is that He has planned for him. If a fight is required of him, I have no doubt that there is nobody more ready to give a good fight than Dave.

Each person's journey is a special one.

Some seem to stand out with a certain purpose.

That someone is you Birdsfan.

You have touched many in a very profound way.

I know that I'm not alone in wanting to thank you for helping to enrich our faith along our journey.

Your undying faith is appealing, and the examples that you've set are beyond significant.

We hope and pray that your earthly journey continues.

We trust that your angels are with you, and no matter where your journey leads they'll be with you eternally bringing you comfort.

Many blessings to you, and thank you for the blessings you have bestowed upon us through your wonderful example of faith.