Fairview - KHSAA - Investigation

theguru

Good coach but I never was a fan, he kind of rubbed me the wrong way in interviews.

Come to think of it, I always felt the same way about McPeek when he was at Lawrence County.

Oh, the tangled web of association among the people involved in this scandal. It would boggle the mind how they all came together.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The irony is that, as I understand the second hand account, once the first accusation was made about the players eligibility, the blame game started and BOOM, everyone started spilling their guts. What was a single issue grew tentacles faster than LRCW can strip a chicken wing. Now they're all lawyered up and I assume mum is the word.

And incredibly there are still some who are supporting what happened at Fairview. This is currently being posted on Facebook.

And, that's why something big has to happen to stop what is going on at Fairview. They still think they are exempt from the rules.

While I haven't seen the email that was referred to I have been privied to the content by a reliable source. It was amusicking. Oops was that a typo? Maybe. As I watched this thing take place in Westwood it ocurred to me that this is exactly what Miami University was like in the Jimmy Johnson era. I am afraid that what was done may completely ruin and possibly close a school for nothing more than personal gain. Its time some folks realize the truth and stop drinking the Kool Aid. I have freinds whose children attend Fairview schools and dont play football and these people will either skip church on Sunday or not talk to anyone our of embarrasment. If you dont think this has huge ripple effects in the community think again.

It does have a huge ripple effect. What the school has been doing for the past five years had a ripple effect as well. But, no one was complaining at Fairview when they were benefitting from that ripple and people in other communities were not.

Goes around, comes around. And here it comes.

Good question. I am repeating this without absolute confirmation but I was told by a source that IF Fairview accepts the penalties imposed without appeal, it will only be football. If they fight it, they (KHSAA) are willing to shut down all athletics at Fairview.

I love it ... "without absolute confirmation but I was told by a SOURCE that IF Fairview accepts the penalties imposed without appeal, it will only be football .... "

Sounds like it is time to 1. Quit posting things that you even admit to not having confirmation on. 2. Find a new "source".

If you think that the KHSAA and or Julian Tackett would close down athletics at Fairview based on what your "source" told you ... then I feel sorry for you.

People can say a lot of things about the KHSAA .. but the day that they start shutting down entire programs for infractions is the day they have sealed their fate forever. The KHSAA is never going to penalize all athletes at a school by shutting their programs down due to the infractions of one sport. People may disagree .. but I would be willing to say that the KHSAA will eventually speak to the fact that a large reason why they are investigating is to ensure that the "legal" athletes are not penalized by the stupidity of others.

People may disagree .. but I would say that the KHSAA will eventually speak to the fact that a large reason why they are investigating is to ensure that the "legal" athletes are not penalized by the stupidity of others.

Would you still think that if, say, 80 percent of a team was ineligible?

Would you still think that if, say, 80 percent of a team was ineligible?

Yes ... I would (and you are actually proving my point--but in a different way than I intended). The KHSAA would never pull a move like that for a couple reasons ... 1. The KHSAA has never penalized an entire athletics program and most importantly .. the innocent kids who will most likely be the only ones around to feel the pain. 2. They wouldn't have to shut the program down. If there are 50 kids on the football team .. and only 20% are left ... well .. my math isn't great sometimes .. but I haven't seen a football team (for example) play with 10.

The one thing that I always get from your posts, Ram, is that you truly care about the kids in your program.

And I would have no trouble betting on the fact that you would do/say everything possible to ensure that the 20% who is doing things the right way ... are not penalized by the stupidity of adults.

Yes ... I would (and you are actually proving my point--but in a different way than I intended). The KHSAA would never pull a move like that for a couple reasons ... 1. The KHSAA has never penalized an entire athletics program and most importantly .. the innocent kids who will most likely be the only ones around to feel the pain. 2. They wouldn't have to shut the program down. If there are 50 kids on the football team .. and only 20% are left ... well .. my math isn't great sometimes .. but I haven't seen a football team (for example) play with 10.

The one thing that I always get from your posts, Ram, is that you truly care about the kids in your program.

And I would have no trouble betting on the fact that you would do/say everything possible to ensure that the 20% who is doing things the right way ... are not penalized by the stupidity of adults.

I agree, I care about the kids in my program and will do what I can for them. And, I don't think the KHSAA will close down the Fairview program, but the program may be done away with due to what the KHSAA does. Heck, the Fairview school may not survive this, they were on the brink of closure just prior to recent success of their football program.

And, to make things clear, Raceland and Fairview has always had a rivalry, but it was always friendly until the current administration and coaching staff took over at Fairview, so this is not a Raceland/Fairview thing, this is a right/wrong thing.

Everyone has to consider that there is a difference in one ineligible player being found in a program, and a calculated, concerted effort with multiple participants resulting in many ineligible players being found in a program spanning years.

Funny how this thread has gone.

Heck I'll tell you two incidents that I have firsthand info about so quickslick will be satisfied.

First: roughly 3yrs ago, in my office in Huntington, WV, which is about 400yds north of Marcum Terrace (project housing) I walk out to the lobby and I see a family I treat as patients. Each one decked out in Fairview football sweats. Residence still the same according to their med card. I told the grandmother, whom I'd known for several yrs, that I liked her sweats. She said "they bought them for the whole family". Her words.

Later that season, the Fairview player called for an appointment. We had an opening, he came right away because "he could walk up the hill and be right there". So you tell me where they lived.

Second, a more recent player(s) whom I had done braces on was a Fairview student athlete yet never moved. I passed them each and every morning on the way to work, them on the way to school. Saw the oldest not long ago, asked if they were still living in the same house they did when I was seeing them as ortho patients, and without hesitation he said "yep".

Those are fact and just flat against khsaa bylaws. So, there's that.

Holy cannoli! Will this help send a message to other schools, across the board in other sports that the KHSAA is looking and you might just be next? I can see a few coaches/administrators doing some hand wringing this morning at other schools after hearing about this.