Fairview - KHSAA - Investigation

theguru

October 24, 2013

Local athletic program under investigation

Staff report

The Independent

LEXINGTON — The Kentucky High School Athletic Association has confirmed that there is active research ongoing within the Fairview High School athletic program involving the eligibility of a student-athlete.

Until a conclusion is derived, no findings will be revealed and there will be no comment from the KHSAA on the matter, according to the organization.

Link

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the problem? If so, Honest question. Why can't fairview have West Virginia kids? Trinity and X have Indiana kids and the KHSAA doesn't seem to mind that. What is the difference?

To the question, I don't think it's about where they are from, but how they ended up there.

You know I have heard several times that people feel sorry for the innocent people, and I'm sure there are one or two, but to be honest I don't feel sorry for anyone. If they were innocent or caught up in something this bad and didn't like it why didn't they report it? It didn't seem that anyone was upset when terrible things were said to fans of other teams, no one apologized for the behavior. It didn't seem that anyone felt bad when signs with distasteful things were hung at football games, some with just terrible things written on them. Or, how about all the terrible texts, instant messages, and Facebook comments that were sent to players from other schools by multiple players at Fairview. It didn't seem that any fans were upset to win games by breaking rules, in fact, some even boasted about it.

And, when some said wrong things were being done, it didn't seem that anyone was innocent in berating them and acting as if the person making the accusations was wrong and had ulterior motives for making the correct claim.

The only people that I feel sorry for are the players from the other schools that had to endure these acts.