Fairview - KHSAA - Investigation

theguru

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are fact and just flat against khsaa bylaws. So, there's that.
For clarification, it isn't that they live in WV and attend school and play in KY that is a violation. As long as they meet the district guidelines for out of state students (whatever those are) then that is fine.

The violation is whether or not they met the "transfer rule" in Bylaw 6 that is in question, right?

If they transferred and did not meet any of the exceptions for a waiver of the 1 year "sit-out" period, then they should have been ineligible. If Fairview either falsified records or ignored the requirements altogether and played them anyway, that is the violation here.

Correct?

For clarification, it isn't that they live in WV and attend school and play in KY that is a violation. As long as they meet the district guidelines for out of state students (whatever those are) then that is fine.

The violation is whether or not they met the "transfer rule" in Bylaw 6 that is in question, right?

If they transferred and did not meet any of the exceptions for a waiver of the 1 year "sit-out" period, then they should have been ineligible. If Fairview either falsified records or ignored the requirements altogether and played them anyway, that is the violation here.

Correct?

Never moved. Correct.

Correct?

I believe it is also against the rules to buy the players and players family things, such as the sweats the previous poster mentioned.

Also, anyone who does not know anything about Marcum terrace, its a terrible place to drive through, let alone live in. I find it hard to believe that a kid living up there just wakes up one morning and decides "hey I want to transfer to fairview high school." Keep in mind with traffic, your looking at a 45 minute drive each way.

If they falsified addresses then they were also receiving money from the state which wasnt due them.

Much to quickslick's chagrin, I can't confirm the address they put on a transfer form, however, everyone with a pulse and brain activity in EKY knows it was the housing owned by the superintendent.

Unbelievably stupid, or arrogant, or both on the part of the Fairview administration to go to those lengths and make no effort to conceal it, IMO.

I really wish the email exchange I referred to earlier was made public. You have no idea how arrogant.

While I haven't seen the email that was referred to I have been privied to the content by a reliable source. It was amusicking. Oops was that a typo? Maybe. As I watched this thing take place in Westwood it ocurred to me that this is exactly what Miami University was like in the Jimmy Johnson era. I am afraid that what was done may completely ruin and possibly close a school for nothing more than personal gain. Its time some folks realize the truth and stop drinking the Kool Aid. I have freinds whose children attend Fairview schools and dont play football and these people will either skip church on Sunday or not talk to anyone our of embarrasment. If you dont think this has huge ripple effects in the community think again.

Afro American. Afro American. Afro American. Afro American, Afro American.

Oops is that a typo I made 5 different times, or is that just plain ignorance?

Guru earlier this year you gave a poster a blank check when he alleged wrongdoing by another program and he couldn't cash that check. Ram knows things about Fairview and has said so for the last two years. Will you give Ram the same blank check and let him tell us what he knows? You did start the thread.

Ram, if you get the green light from Guru will you tell us all that is going on?

Without violating any rules or laws, and without making any accusations, I can give you some thoughts to ponder:

1. What if a program received a transfer student that had a transcript that said they had completed their freshman and sophomore years but had to repeat their sophomore year and the player had already played two years of athletics and the new program ignored that and let the player play three additional years, even after the schools councilor told the coaches that player was ineligible?

2. What if a school superintendent owned rental property and allowed multiple out of state players use his rental property's address while the students were still living out of state, and the school was getting Kentucky state money to educate those students that supposedly lived in the Kentucky?

3. Did your school spend $180,000 on football last year, minus facilities, salaries and equipment?

4. What if a coach had been removed from an out of state schools facilities because the out of state school's football coach was tired of this coach encouraging his players to transfer?

5. If a superintendent's son was a teacher at another school and many student athletes transfer from the son's school to the superenintendent's school then the son is no longer retained by his school, what would your conclusion be about that situation?

6. If multiple players are ineligible at their school, can they transfer to another school and become immediately eligible?

7. Should a judge who's wife owns a thriving business in a school district make a decision on eligibility of a player in that school district, or recuse himself?

8. Should a High School Principle who also coaches football cuss and yell at fans of opposing teams?

9. What would the logical explanation be if multiple players have given an address of residency and when the person that owns the house says they have never seen those students?

10. What if a person who is an AAU coach in another state who has multiple players who have transferred to a school that pays him $500 per week to transport two students to an off campus vocational school?

Without violating any rules or laws, and without making any accusations, I can give you some thoughts to ponder:

1. What if a program received a transfer student that had a transcript that said they had completed their freshman and sophomore years but had to repeat their sophomore year and the player had already played two years of athletics and the new program ignored that and let the player play three additional years, even after the schools councilor told the coaches that player was ineligible?

2. What if a school superintendent owned rental property and allowed multiple out of state players use his rental property's address while the students were still living out of state, and the school was getting Kentucky state money to educate those students that supposedly lived in the Kentucky?

3. Did your school spend $180,000 on football last year, minus facilities, salaries and equipment?

4. What if a coach had been removed from an out of state schools facilities because the out of state school's football coach was tired of this coach encouraging his players to transfer?

5. If a superintendent's son was a teacher at another school and many student athletes transfer from the son's school to the superenintendent's school then the son is no longer retained by his school, what would your conclusion be about that situation?

6. If multiple players are ineligible at their school, can they transfer to another school and become immediately eligible?

7. Should a judge who's wife owns a thriving business in a school district make a decision on eligibility of a player in that school district, or recuse himself?

8. Should a High School Principle who also coaches football cuss and yell at fans of opposing teams?

9. What would the logical explanation be if multiple players have given an address of residency and when the person that owns the house says they have never seen those students?

10. What if a person who is an AAU coach in another state who has multiple players who have transferred to a school that pays him $500 per week to transport two students to an off campus vocational school?

That's a lot of "what it's". Glad that's all hypothetical...if it weren't a lot of people would be in a LOT of trouble

BOYD COUNTY, Ky. (WSAZ) -- An investigation into the eligibly of a student-athlete at Ashland Fairview High School has been turned over to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA).

Fairview Superintendent William Music tells WSAZ.com the KHSAA should receive the information today (Friday).

Link

How far back could some of this stuff had gone back to? I know Fairview ended my high school playing career, when they beat us in the playoffs in 2003. Which their stud runningback Jennings, came from West Virginia didn't he? Hopefully all that was done legally.

Which I must say it is nice saying though that I played against an NFL runningback, he was amazing!

How far back could some of this stuff had gone back to? I know Fairview ended my high school playing career, when they beat us in the playoffs in 2003. Which their stud runningback Jennings, came from West Virginia didn't he? Hopefully all that was done legally.

Which I must say it is nice saying though that I played against an NFL runningback, he was amazing!

Who was the Fairview coach when Jennings transferred to Fairview? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

It was current Fairview Superintendent, the one that owns rental property, Bill Music.