AFC North 0-4

All four teams looked awful this week. For a division that almost always gets two and sometimes three in the post season, this may be the year they get one. I know it's week one, but it was pretty bad. The Bengals looked the best and they were the Bad News Bears today and not worthy of Top 15 consideration yet.

I don't know about you, but the only thing that looked awful about the Bengals was the coaching. They looked the best out of the 4.

I agree they looked best, but the Sanu turnover was the biggest momentum play for the Bears, that's not on Marvin. The Kirkpatrick PF was the second and that was on Marvin for them being in that situation. Give the Bears some credit, though. The Cutler pass to Forte on 3rd down in the fourth quarter ws a clutch play.

I look forward to the day when the Bengals only make half of the number of mistakes they usually do. Maybe they need to stop listening to what others are saying about them (good or bad). I work with Steelers and Packers fans that are chomping at the bit to make bets with me for the next two weeks. I haven't said one way or another because the Bengals made me ill yesterday (as usual). :facepalm:

The Steelers lost at home to a team that will likely not be in the playoffs. The Browns lost at home to a team not likely to be in the playoffs. Those two hurt, especially Pittsburgh who has playoff aspirations.

The Ravens got boat-raced at Denver, but about 28 other teams would have taken the same beating. The Ravens back 4 is abysmal, but I still think they win 9+ games. Frankly, hope I'm wrong.

The Bengals got beat at Chicago, a team likely to be in the mix for the playoffs, so while it is the most quality of the losses (so to speak), it has to be worrisome that they played with such a lack of discipline (players and coaches) and had so many self-inflicted gun shot wounds. On paper this was a game they should lose (hence getting points), but you have to hope there are no lingering effects from such a catastrophic meltdown.

Winner on Monday night is still in fine shape....although a loss at home for the Bengals would put this season on "uh oh" mode to be sure. Especially with the Packers in town 6 days later.

I know it is one game, but nothing the Browns and Steelers did looked even promising. The Browns just have no QB to win consistently, The Steelers cannot run the ball because their O-line may be the worst in football. Big Ben is still a threat and the only QB I think can win regularly on his own, but I doubt he stays healthy for the long haul. The Ravens actually looked decent the 1st half, but the snowball started rolling. Do any of their receivers scare you, only Torrey Smith, and he is becoming better than just a deep threat, but he is not elite. Flacco is outstanding when he has time and multiple options. He has only two, Smith and Rice. Stokely and Clark looked pedestrian. The Ravens could make the playoffs, but they don't have the weapons necessary to be consistent. The Bengals have the best team and really looked the best, but if they stay stupid and turn the ball over, they won't beat good teams. They could be 1-4 easily, if they don't wake up and that is not a given.

The Browns have no offensive line and they will stink again this season.

Ravens are going through to much in the loss of talent department to be a serious contender this season.

Pittsburgh will not be able losing the amount of talent they have recently to be anything but a dangerous opponent at times, this season.

Bengals have the talent to take this thing easily, but do they really know how to win at this level?

All of this will make this division interesting all season.