Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

katbird

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want to ask you this...again. Trinity will take its lumps year in and year out playing these kinds of schedules. What benefit would it be to them to not play this kind of competition. I honestly believe that to be the best you have to play the best. Why is there anything embarrassing in losing to a better team? Especially if you played them competitively.

Still waiting for your response, Hell bird.

I think all that Hellbird is saying is this: It does not matter who anyone losses to, it should be considered a loss as shall a win to any team in or out of state. I was actually proud in 2010 when we lost to T by only a few pts. It was an outstanding game. Some of the T fans told us that we actually gave them a game and were relieved when they beat us because they were not sure that was going to happen. A person, fan, parent, player, coach, etc can sometimes be more proud of a loss than an easy win. It is because you play harder and try harder to win a difficult team than an easy team. IMO, all teams are the best. My reason is very simple....These are only kids who are playing for no money, no fame, etc...they are playing for the love of the sport and their school....They are playing to build wonderful memories and pride in themselves. I would think it would be likely that we would be playing T in two years, but that depends upon how both schedules work out.

Still waiting for your response, Hell bird.

I was speaking with tongue in cheek ... Sort of.

It was in jest to all the fans who keep bringing up the tough schedule and then justifying the losses.

Anyone can play a tough schedule and if you continue to lose it doesn't matter how tough of a schedule you play.

You want to be thought of as the best team in the state, then don't lose. You want to be considered one of the best in the country, then don't lose to other schools with the same aspirations. T is not one of the best in the country this year and because of their play this far they also aren't the best team in the state right now by going off of what they have looked like up till now.

I think all that Hellbird is saying is this: It does not matter who anyone losses to, it should be considered a loss as shall a win to any team in or out of state. I was actually proud in 2010 when we lost to T by only a few pts. It was an outstanding game. Some of the T fans told us that we actually gave them a game and were relieved when they beat us because they were not sure that was going to happen. A person, fan, parent, player, coach, etc can sometimes be more proud of a loss than an easy win. It is because you play harder and try harder to win a difficult team than an easy team. IMO, all teams are the best. My reason is very simple....These are only kids who are playing for no money, no fame, etc...they are playing for the love of the sport and their school....They are playing to build wonderful memories and pride in themselves. I would think it would be likely that we would be playing T in two years, but that depends upon how both schedules work out.

Exactly.

Which is why I was so proud of Cooper last year. As the season started there were some on here saying they wouldn't win a playoff game. Then in the title game many had them losing by 5+ TD's.

Probably one of the proudest I've ever felt about a HS team, and I'm a Beechwood alum with all their state titles. Nothing was ever better than watching Cooper last year.

It was in jest to all the fans who keep bringing up the tough schedule and then justifying the losses.

Anyone can play a tough schedule and if you continue to lose it doesn't matter how tough of a schedule you play.

You want to be thought of as the best team in the state, then don't lose. You want to be considered one of the best in the country, then don't lose to other schools with the same aspirations. T is not one of the best in the country this year and because of their play this far they also aren't the best team in the state right now by going off of what they have looked like up till now.

Well, we didn't ever say we were one of the best in the nation. Hard to say we aren't one of the best in the stat if we haven't played an in state team though. But in another thread BG is discussed nationally, right?

Still waiting to see what benefit you feel there is to Trinity abandoning their scheduling philosophy, especially since our illustrious in-state competition refuses to schedule us.

And I call crap on your "tongue in cheek" qualifier.

For the record, I personally have no problem if BG is ranked #1, and I also feel that it is a strong possibility they could defeat Trinity this year. But I still feel Trinity is better off losing to the teams we are losing to, than to run over teams just to get wins.

Not at all. You're the second best team in the state. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I think the biggest issue is that while you're trying to make your point (and it has some merit) you sound like a complete and total jerk. Your logic might be received a little better if you didn't sound like a smart aleck in most of your replies.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 8

For the record, I personally have no problem if BG is ranked #1, and I also feel that it is a strong possibility they could defeat Trinity this year. But I still feel Trinity is better off losing to the teams we are losing to, than to run over teams just to get wins.

That is more or less what I was getting at.

I think the biggest issue is that while you're trying to make your point (and it has some merit) you sound like a complete and total jerk. Your logic might be received a little better if you didn't sound like a smart aleck in most of your replies.

Sometimes it takes a very sarcastic post to get through to some with an elitist attitude.

To mom, I never said playing an easy schedule makes you better. I think it's great that T plays such a tough schedule, but along with that also means they have to take their lumps when they get beat. Which is my point. They lost to better teams, I get that but doesn't mean because they did they get a free pass as though they didn't lose like some are trying to justify on here.

As far as sounding like an aleck I could care less, if that is the only way to get some peoples attention. I don't apologize for stating my opinion. As I've said T is a great team but right now I feel BG is the #1 team in the state, if that ruffles feathers, who cares. T is one of the best in the state hands down, but just because they may not be #1 means nothing because they still are up there.

Next year they can be #1 the entire year and that would be great but this year not right now.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 8 and Rule 14