Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

katbird

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. It sort of sounds like Trinity would rather not play Ky teams because they make T worse than if they didn't play KY teams.

The reason Trinity ended up scheduling the way they do is because everyone here refused to schedule them. It started in Jefferson County and worked its way out. We used to have a couple out of state teams on the schedule and then we'd have the rest in state. 2010 was probably the last year we had more than just our district on our schedule. Since then just to fill out the schedule we have had no choice but to go out of state.

I don't know. It sort of sounds like Trinity would rather not play Ky teams because they make T worse than if they didn't play KY teams.

Well, yeah. And because that's true they need to keep playing the big boys from other states. Not really breaking news if you have been paying attention.

To win every game they play and win a state championship. Pretty simple.

Then if that is their goal why do some of their fans prefer to play other teams rather than play all KY teams? If your goal is to win state title, why not play more than a few state teams before the playoffs? If the answer is that no KY teams will play them then I'm sure KHSAA could change that.

maybe you don't understand....we have tried to play teams in state....we have NO callers on our asking......our district opponents have to play us (St X. would either way).....No ONE else will...

If we had the three classes that the Commonwealth probably should have; how about these for (potential) state championships:

Trinity - Bowling Green

Central/Belfry - Highlands

Mayfield - Caldwell County

Not trying to automatically put teams in the finals; just a "what if".

Then if that is their goal why do some of their fans prefer to play other teams rather than play all KY teams? If your goal is to win state title, why not play more than a few state teams before the playoffs? If the answer is that no KY teams will play them then I'm sure KHSAA could change that.

Simple answer.. No one will play. Easier to slam the Rocks on a message board then it is to beat them on the field.

Because the goal is to get better to accomplish your goal. It's counterproductive to simply rack up wins just to play KY teams.

How can you even question their method?

Well, yeah. And because that's true they need to keep playing the big boys from other states. Not really breaking news if you have been paying attention.

But get better for what? That is my question. If their goal is to win a state championship then why worry about out of state teams? I personally think T is after a mythical national title more than a state title. I may be wrong, but if I am then why do they feel the need to play mythical national champion contenders?

It's been said they do to get better, better for what? Don't they think they could win a state title if they didn't play those other teams? I think they could.

Finally, you have shown to not pay attention.......I am sorry that you can't comprehend......time to move on......

But get better for what? That is my question. If their goal is to win a state championship then why worry about out of state teams? I personally think T is after a mythical national title more than a state title. I may be wrong, but if I am then why do they feel the need to play mythical national champion contenders?

It's been said they do to get better, better for what? Don't they think they could win a state title if they didn't play those other teams? I think they could.

If they didn't play those other teams, who would they play, besides their district contenders?

Because only the district games matter. If you can't figure out why playing better teams makes you better than this is a pointless discussion. It's common sense.

And, clearly, playing anyone outside KY other than X, BG, HHS and occasionally Male/Manual...etc, no one in the state can help them get better.