Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

katbird

Two years and two games. Also have not played anywhere near the schedule that T played during that time. T has only lost three games during that same period all to out of state powers. The last meeting between T and BG in 2010 was won by T. BG has a great team but until a KY team knocks them off the mountain T should have be ranked #1.

Here's one rock mom.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems there always has to be an asterisk next to a T loss.

They lost simple as that. If people always need to justify a loss then stop playing teams they can't beat. For some reason they think they are better because they play out of state. That would be fine if they could beat those out of state teams on a consistent basis but they don't so quit using it as a crutch.

Here's one rock mom.

I don't see any excuses to explain the losses. I see them questioning why a team playing some of the best national competition closely is less worthy of consideration than a team winning against average or good in state competition.

Here's another mom.

How are the last 2 posts excuses for a loss? I never made an excuse for either loss.

Nowhere in either post does it say "if we did this or of this had happened".

Those aren't excuses. People are taking issues with your reasoning because it doesn't make sense. BG may be the best team in the state, but your reasoning has little validity.

They lost simple as that. If people always need to justify a loss then stop playing teams they can't beat. For some reason they think they are better because they play out of state. That would be fine if they could beat those out of state teams on a consistent basis but they don't so quit using it as a crutch.

An excuse would be "so and so was hurt". I've only seen acknowledgement of our weaknesses and respect for our opponents.

An excuse would be "so and so was hurt". I've only seen acknowledgement of our weaknesses and respect for our opponents.

No no rockmom it is better to beat down horribly overmatched teams than to play teams that can possibly beat you. If you lose to a team that is as good or better than you are then you clearly can't be the best team in your state. See be that logic it is better to play nobodies, I.e. big school NKY football, as opposed to teams from out of state that are clearly not capable of being accurately assessed in comparison to Kentucky schools. After all they don't play every team in Kentucky.

Does BG probably deserve the nod right now? Probably. Is Hellbird's argument that Trinity is just a very bad, terrible, no good team because they lost two close games to really good teams valid? Not even close yet, now if our boys lose to everyone else not fro m KY on our schedule then maybe. To say however that we are "embarrassing" the state is absurd.

The last 3 season Trinity has a total of 2 losses and both were close games to out of state teams. In 2012 the only loss came to the team who eventually won the state title in the largest class I'm Ohio. During that time Trinity defeated, and convincingly Lawrence North, Indianapolis Cathedral(2x), Elder(3x), Cincy X(x2), Moeller, Brentwood Academy(2x), MBA (2x). Along with all KY competition with the only 3 games that were ever in doubt.

Yep, Trinity is such a disappointment.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Trinity is still #1 in KY for 3 reasons:

1. Their losses are to top 25 nationally ranked teams

2. Nobody from KY has beaten them - gotta beat the best to be the best.

3. They defeated Highlands in a scrimmage by at least 2 scores and HHS is at least #4 in KY, if not higher. T, BG, & X being the others...

Not taking anything away from an impressive BG win over X.

JMO

I also want to ask you this...again. Trinity will take its lumps year in and year out playing these kinds of schedules. What benefit would it be to them to not play this kind of competition. I honestly believe that to be the best you have to play the best. Why is there anything embarrassing in losing to a better team? Especially if you played them competitively.

No no rockmom it is better to beat down horribly overmatched teams than to play teams that can possibly beat you. If you lose to a team that is as good or better than you are then you clearly can't be the best team in your state. See be that logic it is better to play nobodies, I.e. big school NKY football, as opposed to teams from out of state that are clearly not capable of being accurately assessed in comparison to Kentucky schools. After all they don't play every team in Kentucky.

Does BG probably deserve the nod right now? Probably. Is Hellbird's argument that Trinity is just a very bad, terrible, no good team because they lost two close games to really good teams valid? Not even close yet, now if our boys lose to everyone else not fro m KY on our schedule then maybe. To say however that we are "embarrassing" the state is as absurd as something uk#1fan might say.

The last 3 season Trinity has a total of 2 losses and both were close games to out of state teams. In 2012 the only loss came to the team who eventually won the state title in the largest class I'm Ohio. During that time Trinity defeated, and convincingly Lawrence North, Indianapolis Cathedral(2x), Elder(3x), Cincy X(x2), Moeller, Brentwood Academy(2x), MBA (2x). Along with all KY competition with the only 3 games that were ever in doubt.

Yep, Trinity is such a disappointment.

I don't see any post where I said T is a horrible team. In fact I said BG is 1 now as in today I also stated they may not be at the end of the year but now they are. The T folks can stop crying because some feel they are #2 right now.

It's as if they think its their birth rite to be 1 whether they deserve it or not.

Btw whenever you all talk about Ts losses you seem to justify it with the other teams were among the best in the country. That is the excuses I talking about. You don't need to justify your losses but you always seem to.

Deal with the fact a 5A team is better than you and get over yourselves.

I agree who you play matters. At the same time, what you did last year or the year before is irrelevant unless you have those same players back. Bowling Green has like 20 of there 22 starters back from last year and all there skill players. Quick and Hatcher and many more starters are no longer on the T sideline. Bonnafon is an athletic specimen at QB, but, imo, there offense is nowhere close to as efficient as the last 2 years. I think last years T team would have easily handled Lawrence Central's team this year. Ensworth would have been close, like this year, but, I'd have given last years T the nod by a couple of scores. Overall depth and talent, you could almost always give T the advantage over any Ky team any year, but, B.G. has one of those special groups that come together once in a blue moon. T could beat B.G., without question, but, I think B.G. could knock them off, as well, and since they don't play each other, you have to use the ole eye ball test and yes, comparable scores, which there haven't been any, to date. I'm sure if X plays T closer, they'll say X has improved as the year's gone on, so, some will never acknowledge it, but, if they beat them by more, they'll say, see, told you so, and, any comeback by the ones who feel B.G. is the best team, won't be acknowledged. It's like NCAA football, it's a beauty contest, popularity contest and who has the biggest name recognition that get's the props. T is the Alabama of KHSAA and B.G. is like Clemson or Oregon.

I agree who you play matters. At the same time, what you did last year or the year before is irrelevant unless you have those same players back. Bowling Green has like 20 of there 22 starters back from last year and all there skill players. Quick and Hatcher and many more starters are no longer on the T sideline. Bonnafon is an athletic specimen at QB, but, imo, there offense is nowhere close to as efficient as the last 2 years. I think last years T team would have easily handled Lawrence Central's team this year. Ensworth would have been close, like this year, but, I'd have given last years T the nod by a couple of scores. Overall depth and talent, you could almost always give T the advantage over any Ky team any year, but, B.G. has one of those special groups that come together once in a blue moon. T could beat B.G., without question, but, I think B.G. could knock them off, as well, and since they don't play each other, you have to use the ole eye ball test and yes, comparable scores, which there haven't been any, to date. I'm sure if X plays T closer, they'll say X has improved as the year's gone on, so, some will never acknowledge it, but, if they beat them by more, they'll say, see, told you so, and, any comeback by the ones who feel B.G. is the best team, won't be acknowledged. It's like NCAA football, it's a beauty contest, popularity contest and who has the biggest name recognition that get's the props. T is the Alabama of KHSAA and B.G. is like Clemson or Oregon.

Great post.

Right now (as in so far this season) BG passes the eyeball test.