Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

Featured Replies

But get better for what? That is my question. If their goal is to win a state championship then why worry about out of state teams? I personally think T is after a mythical national title more than a state title. I may be wrong, but if I am then why do they feel the need to play mythical national champion contenders?

 

It's been said they do to get better, better for what? Don't they think they could win a state title if they didn't play those other teams? I think they could.

You are wrong....

  • Replies 439
  • Views 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But get better for what? That is my question. If their goal is to win a state championship then why worry about out of state teams? I personally think T is after a mythical national title more than a state title. I may be wrong, but if I am then why do they feel the need to play mythical national champion contenders?

 

It's been said they do to get better, better for what? Don't they think they could win a state title if they didn't play those other teams? I think they could.

 

First thing you've gotten right.

But get better for what? That is my question. If their goal is to win a state championship then why worry about out of state teams? I personally think T is after a mythical national title more than a state title. I may be wrong, but if I am then why do they feel the need to play mythical national champion contenders?

 

It's been said they do to get better, better for what? Don't they think they could win a state title if they didn't play those other teams? I think they could.

 

 

Sometimes you can't expose your weaknesses unless you play top competition. That being said, we don't have a choice either way since no one here will schedule us. Considering the fact that there was an attempt to remove the private schools from the competition overall I don't think the KHSAA will be doing us any favors any time soon. It is in fact quite likely that T, X and HHS were the biggest reasons for the move to 6 classes.

Simple answer.. No one will play. Easier to slam the Rocks on a message board then it is to beat them on the field.

 

So you are saying that if T had a team ranked 5th nationally, they would cancel that game to play a Beechwood if they had the chance?

 

It's easy to say no one will play them but how much of that is the truth and how much is they would rather play a tougher team if they had the chance?

First thing you've gotten right.

Stay classy my friend ;)

If we had the three classes that the Commonwealth probably should have; how about these for (potential) state championships:

 

Trinity - Bowling Green

Central/Belfry - Highlands

Mayfield - Caldwell County

 

Not trying to automatically put teams in the finals; just a "what if".

 

I think 4 would be low enough, but those would certainly be great matchups. I'm sure Mayfield and Caldwell would not play in the finals of course. In fact, good chance they'd be in the same region.

So you are saying that if T had a team ranked 5th nationally, they would cancel that game to play a Beechwood if they had the chance?

 

It's easy to say no one will play them but how much of that is the truth and how much is they would rather play a tougher team if they had the chance?

 

Seriously?

 

You have only been on here since 2012 so you may not be aware of everything that has gone on with regards to Trinity and their scheduling woes. Simply put, no one would schedule us in KY so originally we had to keep going out of state. Now we have taken what was forced upon us and turned it into a matter of pride. Being able to compete with teams recognized nationally as among the top in their respective states and in many cases win has become our way of spinning what was a decision forced upon us.

I'm asking the question about scheduling because it always seems to be the go to answer to put all the blame in all the other schools and think your team has none of the blame.

 

I personally think its a little of both. T doesn't go out of its way to schedule KY teams if they have the opportunity to play nationally ranked teams instead and KY teams aren't bending over backwards to schedule T.

 

That's why if they went to KHSaa and told them they only wanted to play in state schools it would be taken care of. I don't think KHSAA would allow a team not to have any games scheduled.

So you are saying that if T had a team ranked 5th nationally, they would cancel that game to play a Beechwood if they had the chance?

 

It's easy to say no one will play them but how much of that is the truth and how much is they would rather play a tougher team if they had the chance?

 

Is this a serious question? Teams in the state of KY will not schedule them. Trinity is in their 3rd straight year of playing a 9 game schedule. Do you think they only play 9 regular season games by choice?

I'm asking the question about scheduling because it always seems to be the go to answer to put all the blame in all the other schools and think your team has none of the blame.

 

I personally think its a little of both. T doesn't go out of its way to schedule KY teams if they have the opportunity to play nationally ranked teams instead and KY teams aren't bending over backwards to schedule T.

 

That's why if they went to KHSaa and told them they only wanted to play in state schools it would be taken care of. I don't think KHSAA would allow a team not to have any games scheduled.

 

Ever made a schedule? You don't care what's best for other schools or the KHSAA. You schedule to make your team better when it counts.

 

You can't say it's T'a fault for creating a machine and others aren't able to keep up.

So you are saying that if T had a team ranked 5th nationally, they would cancel that game to play a Beechwood if they had the chance?

 

It's easy to say no one will play them but how much of that is the truth and how much is they would rather play a tougher team if they had the chance?

 

Trinity isn't Cooper. We aren't on anyone's list of potential homecoming opponents. Trinity wouldn't try to schedule a game with Beechwood.

  • Author

You guys need to quit arguing with Hellbird..He obviously doesn't get it..:deadhorse:

Seriously?

 

You have only been on here since 2012 so you may not be aware of everything that has gone on with regards to Trinity and their scheduling woes. Simply put, no one would schedule us in KY so originally we had to keep going out of state. Now we have taken what was forced upon us and turned it into a matter of pride. Being able to compete with teams recognized nationally as among the top in their respective states and in many cases win has become our way of spinning what was a decision forced upon us.

 

Just because I wasn't in here until 2012 doesn't mean I haven't followed KY HS football before then.

 

That is why I said that it would be in KHsaa interest to schedule teams to play any team in the state that wants to play.

 

I haven't heard of a school yet that has a team that couldn't play any games through the first 6 weeks of the season. I don't think KHSAA would allow it to happen. I could be wrong but there would be lawsuits I would think if They wouldn't put a schedule together.

I'm asking the question about scheduling because it always seems to be the go to answer to put all the blame in all the other schools and think your team has none of the blame.

 

I personally think its a little of both. T doesn't go out of its way to schedule KY teams if they have the opportunity to play nationally ranked teams instead and KY teams aren't bending over backwards to schedule T.

 

That's why if they went to KHSaa and told them they only wanted to play in state schools it would be taken care of. I don't think KHSAA would allow a team not to have any games scheduled.

 

 

See that's the problem you are basing this entirely on speculation. RP and AT both have connections to the AD and on top of that I have heard the exact same thing from other members of Trinity's administration. Do you need a certified document from the school in order for you to believe it? Of course you might just discount that as a forgery since you really don't want to believe we play no in state teams because we have a choice.

Just because I wasn't in here until 2012 doesn't mean I haven't followed KY HS football before then.

 

That is why I said that it would be in KHsaa interest to schedule teams to play any team in the state that wants to play.

 

I haven't heard of a school yet that has a team that couldn't play any games through the first 6 weeks of the season. I don't think KHSAA would allow it to happen. I could be wrong but there would be lawsuits I would think if They wouldn't put a schedule together.

 

It isn't the KHSAA's job to put a school's schedule together. If it was then we would never have a problem.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.