Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

katbird

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need to quit arguing with Hellbird..He obviously doesn't get it..:deadhorse:

I think he does get it but now he's to far in he can't back out.

Anyone who doesn't take strength of schedule into account for current rankings is a fool. BG is good, very good but Trinity is still King of the Bluegrass. Get over it Hellbird. You're in the minority on this one.

So again I proved a point. It may not be all the other schools but some responsibility could fall on T also.

First it was no one would play T but now it's said T wouldn't play a BW.

There are always two sides to every story.

What value does a 6A school get from playing a 1A school? You truly are clueless

I think he does get it but now he's to far in he can't back out.

Anyone who doesn't take strength of schedule into account for current rankings is a fool. BG is good, very good but Trinity is still King of the Bluegrass. Get over it Hellbird. You're in the minority on this one.

Strength of schedule doesn't mean squat if you can't beat the teams that make the SOS so good.

If SOS was all that mattered there would be more teams scheduling only Nationally ranked teams to lose to just like T so they could be handed the #1 in state title.

So Mom

Doesn't get upset, that was also partially tongue in cheek. But when having a strong strength of schedule it does help to win against some of those teams.

But according to you no one turns Trinity down so surely the mighty Jags would jump all over a chance to play Trinity?

Please show me where I ever said no one turns down T. While you are at it please show me proof that T actually is asking all these teams in the state for a game also. As I said it takes two. I haven't heard of T calling the Jags for a game. They have their schedule and all in state games, why would they be looking to fill their schedule when it's already filled?

You made. It clear that T wouldn't play a team like Beechwood, so why would they change their mind?

Strength of schedule doesn't mean squat if you can't beat the teams that make the SOS so good.

If SOS was all that mattered there would be more teams scheduling only Nationally ranked teams to lose to just like T so they could be handed the #1 in state title.

So Mom

Doesn't get upset, that was also partially tongue in cheek. But when having a strong strength of schedule it does help to win against some of those teams.

I was wrong Raiderbird, he doesn't get it and probably never will.

I'm out, could really care less who's number one in the state. Trinity will win 6A, BG 5A, Highlands 4A, Central/Belfry 3A, NCC 2A and Mayfield/Beechwood 1A.

If they don't win a title this year I would be extremely shocked. But what does that have to do with BG being #1 in state right now?

I don't know. The same thing that Trinity's schedule has to do with BG being #1 in the state.

The best thing about ALL of these threads asking which team is better, when they don't play, or which team over the last ten years from a particular program is better...etc is that it doesn't matter and you will never know.

Now that you bring it up, what the hell is the point of any thread asking who the best in the state is when there are six classes?

I agree with that and no one disputes T plays a great schedule, but, I think a lot of T fans don't give BGs schedule it's due. Trust me, I live in Tn and I know how good Ensworth is. BG plays McCallie and Blackman, also from Tn, and those 2 teams are very good, especially Blackman. Playing teams like B.Station(who they didn't get to play), St X, the 2 Tn teams, Owensboro, WCentral, etc. aren't minced meat. Is it T's schedule, no, but, it is a challenging schedule that'll test your medal and certainly not guaranteed wins.

I'd bet the Owensboro game has a running clock.