Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

katbird

Not back peddling at all and if it really bothered you too this much well I'm kind of honored.

And what exactly have I done to you? Simply state BG I think is better right now? Lol. Goes to show the arrogance I was talking about earlier and it sure sounds like I got in your CRAW. Lol

Don't worry, your team will take care of business and get another title this year, you'll just have to cope with being #2 in the state.

You said Trinity was an embarrassment to Kentucky because they lost 2 games.

You tried to say it was tongue in cheek later...and then said "sort of".

You want to play passive-aggressive games by saying you are "unbiased". You make assumptions about Trinity fans, and assign words to them that they never posted. In short, you are completely without knowledge about Trinity fans or (I am deducing) Trinity football. What matters isn't what anyone else thinks, or if we are #1 or #2, or last in the state after 3 games. What matters is that we continue to improve and achieve the ultimate goal.

If you feel that's an elitist attitude, then heck yeah! I'm an elitist and proud of it!

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said Trinity was an embarrassment to Kentucky because they lost 2 games.

You tried to say it was tongue in cheek later...and then said "sort of".

You want to play passive-aggressive games by saying you are "unbiased". You make assumptions about Trinity fans, and assign words to them that they never posted. In short, you are completely without knowledge about Trinity fans or (I am deducing) Trinity football. What matters isn't what anyone else thinks, or if we are #1 or #2, or last in the state after 3 games. What matters is that we continue to improve and achieve the ultimate goal.

If you feel that's an elitist attitude, then heck yeah! I'm an elitist and proud of it!

Seems the assumptions about some fans have been proven correct. Thanks for that.

When I said the statement was tongue in cheek sort of it meant that although they are playing great teams they also are losing those games yet you keep talking about playing out of state schools. So although they play tough schools they keep losing to those schools and if they are supposed to be the best in the state they aren't representing the state very well are they? So if you want to talk about how great they are then be mature enough to admit that maybe they aren't all that this year.

What is your ultimate goal? You act as if its you all against the world yet it is many of us fans not affiliated with the program that have supported and rooted for T for years. You act like everyone including KHSAA is against you when it's not true.

Edited by Randy Parker

Seems the assumptions about some fans have been proven correct. Thanks for that.

When I said the statement was tongue in cheek sort of it meant that although they are playing great teams they also are losing those games yet you keep talking about playing out of state schools. So although they play tough schools they keep losing to those schools and if they are supposed to be the best in the state they aren't representing the state very well are they? So if you want to talk about how great they are then be mature enough to admit that maybe they aren't all that this year.

What is your ultimate goal? You act as if its you all against the world yet it is many of us fans not affiliated with the program that have supported and rooted for T for years. You act like everyone including KHSAA is against you when it's not true.

But fans like yourself don't do the program any favors.

Trinity is not the same as the last 3 years, no doubt. But I do believe they are better than most teams in Kentucky.

I believe they are representing Kentucky quite well. Not sure why anyone would expect that only winning a game equates to representing an entire state well. And, I'm not sure why it became a "Trinity-go forth and represent the State" mission. But, since we apparently do, I'd say playing competitively, with good sportsmanship and taking losses with grace is something to appreciate.

The KHSAA isn't against us...the membership? Well, I'll leave it to you to look up those debates.

I'll leave the judgement of what kind of fan I am to those who know more than you on that subject.

Trinity is not the same as the last 3 years, no doubt. But I do believe they are better than most teams in Kentucky.

I believe they are representing Kentucky quite well. Not sure why anyone would expect that only winning a game equates to representing an entire state well. And, I'm not sure why it became a "Trinity-go forth and represent the State" mission. But, since we apparently do, I'd say playing competitively, with good sportsmanship and taking losses with grace is something to appreciate.

The KHSAA isn't against us...the membership? Well, I'll leave it to you to look up those debates.

I'll leave the judgement of what kind of fan I am to those who know more than you on that subject.

So again you agree with me. That T isn't the best in the state this year. Yes they are better than most, but not all.

I know what kind of fan you are, you made that perfectly clear already ;)

Stay passionate my friend.

You continue to miss the point. We really don't care if you play out of state. What does bother some is continuously ignoring any other team that isn't called Trinity as possibly being better this year. That is the elitist attitude I speak of. BG plays a very tough out of district schedule also yet you ignore it as if only T plays tough schedules and no one else does. The difference this year is BG has won their games against tough opponents so far and T hasn't and that seems to be in your crawl.

I'm not sure, either way, who wins this argument......BUT, I believe this (and this will be partially answered soon), that if Trinity played BGHS's schedule, we would would be 3-0, would the reciprocate be true?

Comparing the two teams. T has struggled at times and even when

up have allowed other team to come back and win late in game.

T is good, never said they weren't but they don't look like the T in years past.aybe by the end of the year they will but right now they have some areas that need improving. Simple as that. Not knocking them at all just think BG is the more complete team right now.

Not looking as good as the last few years is a poor argument. We don't....but we look rather "OK" on the national level.

I'm not sure, either way, who wins this argument......BUT, I believe this (and this will be partially answered soon), that if Trinity played BGHS's schedule, we would would be 3-0, would the reciprocate be true?
that is very possible.

But they don't play the same schedule. All teams have different schedules and the best any team can hope for is to beat the teams they play. BG has done that this far and are 33-0 in their last 33 games. I think this years team is their best since that streak started and is why I think they deserve the #1 ranking at this point of the season.

T may finish the year at #1, as I've stated several times already but right now IMO I think it's BG.

This is a "damned if we do, damned if we don't" argument......If we play nationally ranked teams, and lose close.....we are embarrass KY......if we play a state schedule, we don't get better......I'll take the former....

that is very possible.

But they don't play the same schedule. All teams have different schedules and the best any team can hope for is to beat the teams they play. BG has done that this far and are 33-0 in their last 33 games. I think this years team is their best since that streak started and is why I think they deserve the #1 ranking at this point of the season.

T may finish the year at #1, as I've stated several times already but right now IMO I think it's BG.

You may not be aware of this....BUT, we try, every year, to schedule, who we think are the best teams in state.....this year was no exception...

This is a "damned if we do, damned if we don't" argument......If we play nationally ranked teams, and lose close.....we are embarrass KY......if we play a state schedule, we don't get better......I'll take the former....

So playing KY schools makes a team worse? Then why even play any KY schools then? Sounds like you don't gain anything by doing that.

What exactly is T's goal each year?

This is a legitimate question.

Does a team have to be part of KHSAA?

If Trinity doesn't want to play for state titles, then why don't they just become a traveling team and play national powerhouses only to try for the mythical national

Championship?

Serious question.

It just seems there always has to be an asterisk next to a T loss.

They lost simple as that. If people always need to justify a loss then stop playing teams they can't beat. For some reason they think they are better because they play out of state. That would be fine if they could beat those out of state teams on a consistent basis but they don't so quit using it as a crutch.

Isn't that pretty much what everyone in KY has done with Trinity?

If Trinity doesn't want to play for state titles, then why don't they just become a traveling team and play national powerhouses only to try for the mythical national

Championship?

Serious question.

No but most state associations (KY, IN, OH and TN included) won't allow games against schools that are not members of the state association.

Championship?

Serious question.

I think this was discussed on here some years ago, I think all state athletic associations require their members to only play other schools in other states associations. I think it is an insurance related issue from what I can remember.