Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

Featured Replies

I'm asking the question about scheduling because it always seems to be the go to answer to put all the blame in all the other schools and think your team has none of the blame.

 

I personally think its a little of both. T doesn't go out of its way to schedule KY teams if they have the opportunity to play nationally ranked teams instead and KY teams aren't bending over backwards to schedule T.

 

That's why if they went to KHSaa and told them they only wanted to play in state schools it would be taken care of. I don't think KHSAA would allow a team not to have any games scheduled.

 

You realize that the KHSAA has nothing to do with scheduling right? What do you think would happen in this scenario, the KHSAA would go to 7 schools and tell them to drop games to accommodate Trinity?

  • Replies 439
  • Views 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

 

Just because I wasn't in here until 2012 doesn't mean I haven't followed KY HS football before then.

 

That is why I said that it would be in KHsaa interest to schedule teams to play any team in the state that wants to play.

 

I haven't heard of a school yet that has a team that couldn't play any games through the first 6 weeks of the season. I don't think KHSAA would allow it to happen. I could be wrong but there would be lawsuits I would think if They wouldn't put a schedule together.

 

See SML's post. The KHSAA has done nothing about T playing only 9 games a year, nor should they.

Trinity isn't Cooper. We aren't on anyone's list of potential homecoming opponents. Trinity wouldn't try to schedule a game with Beechwood.

 

So again I proved a point. It may not be all the other schools but some responsibility could fall on T also.

 

First it was no one would play T but now it's said T wouldn't play a BW.

 

There are always two sides to every story.

Just because I wasn't in here until 2012 doesn't mean I haven't followed KY HS football before then.

 

That is why I said that it would be in KHsaa interest to schedule teams to play any team in the state that wants to play.

 

I haven't heard of a school yet that has a team that couldn't play any games through the first 6 weeks of the season. I don't think KHSAA would allow it to happen. I could be wrong but there would be lawsuits I would think if They wouldn't put a schedule together.

 

 

As an NKY guy I highly doubt you followed the ins and outs of Trinity's program over the years. Many of us here do and we know this to be true, we aren't making any of it up. Why would we anyway? Wouldn't it sound better for us to say, "Well Kentucky wasn't much of a challenge anymore," *yawn* " so we had to go out and find some real teams. Since we couldn't get Alabama or the Ravens on the schedule we had to settle for the next best thing in these out of state teams," than "Well no one will play us anymore, guess we have to go begging teams out of state to play us."

Just because I wasn't in here until 2012 doesn't mean I haven't followed KY HS football before then.

 

That is why I said that it would be in KHsaa interest to schedule teams to play any team in the state that wants to play.

 

I haven't heard of a school yet that has a team that couldn't play any games through the first 6 weeks of the season. I don't think KHSAA would allow it to happen. I could be wrong but there would be lawsuits I would think if They wouldn't put a schedule together.

 

Second thing you got right. Who exactly would be sued? The KHSAA is a regulatory body not a sanctioning body?

You realize that the KHSAA has nothing to do with scheduling right? What do you think would happen in this scenario, the KHSAA would go to 7 schools and tell them to drop games to accommodate Trinity?

Hasn't been done yet but something like that should be done if T had 0 opponents

So again I proved a point. It may not be all the other schools but some responsibility could fall on T also.

 

First it was no one would play T but now it's said T wouldn't play a BW.

 

There are always two sides to every story.

 

 

Considering you just invented the BW situation allow me to give you a corollary.

 

Why didn't Cooper try to schedule Trinity? We only have 9 games and if they want to be able to go toe-to-toe with a team like BG then shouldn't they play the next best thing?

 

So again I proved a point. It may not be all the other schools but some responsibility could fall on T also.

 

First it was no one would play T but now it's said T wouldn't play a BW.

 

There are always two sides to every story.

 

Who benefits from that? Well, besides you and your weak attempt to degrade Trinity's scheduling methods.

 

It's also the same reason Beechwood and HHS no longer play. The intelligent people in charge of creating schedules realize it's not beneficial for them.

So again I proved a point. It may not be all the other schools but some responsibility could fall on T also.

 

First it was no one would play T but now it's said T wouldn't play a BW.

 

There are always two sides to every story.

 

You're delusional. Since you seem to be a scheduling expert how about you set up a game with the Jaguars and the Rocks for next year. If you actually know anyone that has anything to do with the scheduling at Cooper why don't you ask them if they'll play Trinity?

You are wrong....

So you don't think they could win a state title if they only played KY schools?

You're delusional.

 

Starting to sound that way.

 

Kind of like those people that no matter what the evidence shows, they will always believe the government was behind the World Trade Center attacks.

 

You're delusional.

 

That is way too kind.

That is way too kind.

 

Wow, to get you to this point that is saying quite a bit.

You're delusional.
Maybe.

 

I just don't know of any state that wouldn't try and facilitate any team that wanted to play. Maybe I'm

Naive.

That is way too kind.

Stay classy mom lol

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.