Is Bowling Green the best team in Ky?

katbird

I don't know. The same thing that Trinity's schedule has to do with BG being #1 in the state.

The best thing about ALL of these threads asking which team is better, when they don't play, or which team over the last ten years from a particular program is better...etc is that it doesn't matter and you will never know.

Now that you bring it up, what the hell is the point of any thread asking who the best in the state is when there are six classes?

So true. I agree 110%

I will say today/tonight has been a blast on here. If anyone on here knows me they kknow I was having fun with this thread. If you also know me and read any of my poosts when it comes to rankings, especially national ranks, I think they are all a jokee and mean nothing because the fact the teams don't play eachother so it's only opinions.

I hope no one got too offended,, I was having fun.

Everyone has an opinion and are entitled to that. My opinion is if aa state ranking reaally mattered, right now I would have BG #1, Trinity #2, Highlands #3. Some dissagree and some don't, doesn't matter. Either way there are teams that will be preniel powerhouses while others will have that magical season once in a long while.

There will be teams like BG that although already good, will have a team that is the best they've ever had and I think this year is that team.

Whether you are one of those pereniel powerhouses, it is possible every once in ahwille that another team comes along once in a blue moon that may actually be better in a particular season.

In the end the only thing that matters is a state title and that the kids have fun and aare part of something special. We all don't stay young forever so let the kids enjoy their time playing the game they love while they can.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is very possible.

But they don't play the same schedule. All teams have different schedules and the best any team can hope for is to beat the teams they play. BG has done that this far and are 33-0 in their last 33 games. I think this years team is their best since that streak started and is why I think they deserve the #1 ranking at this point of the season.

T may finish the year at #1, as I've stated several times already but right now IMO I think it's BG.

32-1 over the last 33. Although I have no doubt that they will get to 33-0 on Friday.

Strength of schedule doesn't mean squat if you can't beat the teams that make the SOS so good.

If SOS was all that mattered there would be more teams scheduling only Nationally ranked teams to lose to just like T so they could be handed the #1 in state title.

So Mom

Doesn't get upset, that was also partially tongue in cheek. But when having a strong strength of schedule it does help to win against some of those teams.

If that is true then wouldn't we have seen a Boise St. championship game? Louisville has a good chance of being in those same shoes this year.

BG is easily the class of Kentucky this year so far

X lost to them, Highlands lacks defense to beat themand T is graduated that great class and has fallen back among the mortals this year

On what are you basing the bolded?

You do know that BS, with all their athletes, scored 1 TD on the Birds first team defense.

No. Not at all.

But a blanket statement that HHS lacks defense is an uninformed opinion. Being a W KY guy, I am assuming TP looked at the BS score and drew his conclusion.

I don't doubt that BG would put points on the board against the Birds, but I also know the Birds would put plenty of points on the board on them.

No. Not at all.

But a blanket statement that HHS lacks defense is an uninformed opinion. Being a W KY guy, I am assuming TP looked at the BS score and drew his conclusion.

I don't doubt that BG would put points on the board against the Birds, but I also know the Birds would put plenty of points on the board on them.

Okay. I was wondering. I got a little scared for a second.

No. Not at all.

I admit I am a long way off and have not seen any of these teams so you would be correct but I would also point out that Trinity's 1's put 35 on Highlands 1's in 2 quarters of simulated game scrimmage. So I think there is certainly reason to support my opinion but it is early so the Highlands defense may make me change my mind but not at this point

I admit I am a long way off and have not seen any of these teams so you would be correct but I would also point out that Trinity's 1's put 35 on Highlands 1's in 2 quarters of simulated game scrimmage. So I think there is certainly reason to support my opinion but it is early so the Highlands defense may make me change my mind but not at this point

Highlands was missing 3 starting db's against Trinity.. That could have something to do with the 35pts..