NKY/Cincy Hidden Gem Restaurants

UKMustangFan

Only place in town where a half sandwich is a whole sandwich. Outside of the Steelers' gear, I love that place.

Indeed. 1st time there I was warned not order the whole sandwich. I didn't listen. I wouldn't have minded if I could have taken the leftovers with me. Which was at least another meal. We were headed straight to a game so had to leave it. I haven't been there in a couple of years but am assuming it's still pretty good.

Love Montoya's, try the fish tacos (and order an extra one if you're hungry).

I'm going to give the Walt's new owner one shot, but I find it hard to believe it will measure up to when Billy owned it. I agree the service was just okay, but the ribs, steaks, vegetable soup, and rye bread was all beyond compare. Grew up in that place.

Mexican? For me it's always El Rio Grande in Newport.

That's good so is camino real across from rally's in Florence, el rio bravo next to wal Mart in Alexandria and Anita's in the old fort Thomas frischs...all good and nothing beats a good Mexican restaurant for me

That's good so is camino real across from rally's in Florence, el rio bravo next to wal Mart in Alexandria and Anita's in the old fort Thomas frischs...all good and nothing beats a good Mexican restaurant for me

Unfortunately now closed

Thank you BGP for the recommendation concerning Buona Vita in Dayton, KY! My wife and I ventured over the Licking River with another couple and really had a good time! We all had something different from pasta to pizza. Too bad we didn't get to eat in the bank vault. I'll be checking this thread for ideas on other new eating adventures.

Newport Pizza Co. at Sixth and Monmouth.....NY style, super thin crust and the best part, $10 for any pizza, any size all day Mondays!! They have a Highlands Country Club pie, surprisingly devoid of cake but very good nonetheless. My boys like the Cincinnatus and the Chicken BBQ, and at that price, they can have both!

Believe it or not, I actually had dinner tonight at a place called "Guru India," with RTS and his clan. Talk about being apprehensive about a dining experience! The name alone was intimidating for a devout BGPian like me! :eek: On top of that, everything I'd heard and read about Indian cuisine had me updating the will and notifying the next of kin. I spent the whole day mentally and emotionally preparing for the unholy that lie ahead!

But you know what? It was good...it was really good! And it was nothing at all like I expected. Now granted, I did not venture beyond the friendly confines of the "Li'l Buckaroo's" end of the fire scale, but it was plenty hot enough for a first try. But most importantly, it tasted awesome!

I had something called Lamb Do Piazza. I went in considering the Lamb Vindaloo -- after all, it was meat and potatoes. What red-blooded American chicken coould pass that up? But RTS' daughter (and others) cautioned me against attempting that level of difficulty on the first visit to The Land of the Atomic Curry. So I went with something a little more tame....but still so good!

I'm looking forward to a return visit. Although, who knows when that will be, as I doubt I'll have much luck convincing my family to give it a try. :cool: In any case, I had a great time and enjoyed, as always, the chance to catch up with the RTS crew. :thumb: