NKY/Cincy Hidden Gem Restaurants

UKMustangFan

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Not sure if it's been listed, but if you're ever in the Latonia, KY area hit Lynna's Diner. Great breakfast and a great burger. 

Been by that place a lot, but always at the wrong time because they always seem closed.  Usually we're later in the day, either getting a burger at Bard's, or donuts at Moonrise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Not sure if it's been listed, but if you're ever in the Latonia, KY area hit Lynna's Diner. Great breakfast and a great burger. 

I agree.  We go there for breakfast after church on Sundays.  As a note, as of this June, the restaurant has been renamed to "Granny's Latonia Diner".  Same good food.  Ownership passed on to one of the waitresses and her family.  They even take credit cards now!

• Like 1

Jot India in the Newport Shopping Center is the best Indian restaurant I've been to! The guy that runs the place, Sing, is the most genuinely nice person I've seen running a restaurant. The entire staff is friendly and do an excellent job. The lamb vindaloo is spectacular! My wife swears by the chicken tikka masala and they have a great selection of nan and other great items. I highly recommend this place, do yourself a favor and give it a try! 

Agave and Rye in Roockwood. There is one in Covington too, but I prefer rookwood. Really nice tasting Guac and tacos. At the one in rookwood they have about twenty 1980's arcade games that free. No quarters. My 4th grader is learning about Ryu from streetfighter and discovering the Hakeem Olajuwon dunk on NBA Jam. 

• 1 month later...

Quite late to the party in this topic but do yourself a favor and make a trip down the AA highway to Mason County, take the Lexington bypass to the Dinner Bell in Mayslick on 68. Follow them on Facebook to see their daily specials and hours.  As for taste, potions and price, you won’t be disappointed. I recommend lots of items but the there’s two that stand out. The baby back ribs, half or full rack on Fridays, and the ribeye steak on Saturdays. Take my advice, plan on an early dinner either night because supplies go fast!! Hoop fans might remember GG Lofton from his high school days at Mason County but you come to the Dinner Bell and you’ll remember him as a chef because he can flat out cook!!!