NKY/Cincy Hidden Gem Restaurants

UKMustangFan

I never really thought Rio Grande was pricey. You get a ton of food on your platter for $8-9. Great choice.

They used to be really cheap but they definitely have raised their prices and they should. Fast service, food is good and my lord the chicken they give you with the fajitas could feed a family of four. Good Margaritas also.

...I've been told that Blinker's down in Covington (next to Sidebar, across the street from Keystone) has the same onion rings recipe. I've had both, and they're both exceptional onion rings - and I couldn't tell a difference, for what that's worth. Their cheese sticks and fried eggplant appetizers are both pretty great as well. They have a $5.50 burger deal on Mondays, and their andouille chicken is killer good.

When I lived out of state I was fortunate enough to know a guy who was a cook at the Greyhound and he told me how they make them. So every once in awhile I would cook up a batch, loved them.

I still get a wild hair and call in a full order to go. They are a meal in themselves.

Anyone wants the recipe, just pm me, they are pretty simple to make.

Can't wait for Walt'z to open back up in about a month.

Looking forward to Walts opening back up. Hope the food and service is a lot better than what it was the last couple years it was open. Food was just ok, service wasn't the best and the place looked dirty. I will give the new owners a chance.