9th Region

gamer31

Do not underestimate Beechwood. They have 3 D1 baseball players on that team and a D1 athlete.. They still might be a year away but they will definately be a tough out as the year progresses..

Young players have a better chance of making immediate varsity impact in baseball than most other varsity sports. It just depends on how fast the Beechwood youngsters get up to varsity speed. The talent is there. Combs, Stringer, Slusher, Fieger, Bankemper ... that is a very talented freshman class.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the D1 players?

Jason Suchanek, Ethan Stringer and Braden Combs. Kyle Fieger could either be one as a qb or pitcher.. Stringer and Combs have played the toughest competiton you could possibly play for their age..This is definately a special group of frosh Beechwood has..

Jason Suchanek, Ethan Stringer and Braden Combs. Kyle Fieger could either be one as a qb or pitcher.. Stringer and Combs have played the toughest competiton you could possibly play for their age..This is definately a special group of frosh Beechwood has..

Agreed......I was not thinking about Suchanek.............Stringer and Combs are scary good.....................

Who do they play summer ball for?

Young players have a better chance of making immediate varsity impact in baseball than most other varsity sports. It just depends on how fast the Beechwood youngsters get up to varsity speed. The talent is there. Combs, Stringer, Slusher, Fieger, Bankemper ... that is a very talented freshman class.

Do you really think so? You could be right, but I always thought it was tougher for a young plkayer to make an impact for Varsity Basbeall simply because of the pitching.

Young players are facing harder and better throwing pitchers than they are used too usually. Also depending on the position they play it can be tougher being young playing Varsity for the first time. I remember a certain catcher who played Varsity ball since a freshman last year told me in Summer Ball it was much easier because he was playing against kids his own age and much easier to throw them out stealing because they weren't for the most part as fast as kids on the Varsity level 2 and 3 years older. So I guess it would depend on what position they play. But I would think hitting is tougher the first time up until they get used to the pitching on the Varsity level.

Ah just tap the brakes a little....love Suchanek and his family, but not quite certain of D-1. Fieger would need to grow substantially (and he could) to be d1 in football or baseball. I mean Max Nussbaum was a stud football player and will go to EKU (which is not d1). Just keeping things in the right perspective, not trying to damper the possibilities for the young men.

Ah just tap the brakes a little....love Suchanek and his family, but not quite certain of D-1. Fieger would need to grow substantially (and he could) to be d1 in football or baseball. I mean Max Nussbaum was a stud football player and will go to EKU (which is not d1). Just keeping things in the right perspective, not trying to damper the possibilities for the young men.

Fieger threw in low 80's as an 8th grader. Combs and Stringer have been clocked at 84-85 as 8th graders. Combs and Stringer both play for Midland. Suchanek is the starting ss for the Flames. I believe they all have a very good shot at playing D1..

EKU is D1

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Fieger threw in low 80's as an 8th grader. Combs and Stringer have been clocked at 84-85 as 8th graders. Combs and Stringer both play for Midland. Suchanek is the starting ss for the Flames. I believe they all have a very good shot at playing D1..

Beechwood does have a lot of young talent. Like someone said before, how will they play with 18 year olds instead of 14 and 15 year olds. Varsity is much more competitive than jv.

I've seen Stringer play since he was 7 years old. Best pure hitter I've ever seen....He may not play D1, cause there is a good chance he gets drafted high. He's + in 4 of the 5 tools, and if he can learn to play the outfield competently, he'll bypass the college level.

Combs and Stringer have played against the top talent at their age group in the country. I think they will be able to handle varsity baseball in Nky...

Highschool is way different then Gradeschool select baseball. IMO