9th Region

gamer31

Should be a fun year......NOTE......I hear 60 plus players signed up from the Freshman class.......Big and talented class......like last year's Senior Class..[/quote]

Don't know where you got the info that 60 plus players signed up from Freshmen class because that's not even close from what I heard. I think there might be 60 plus signed up for the whole program - Freshmen, JV, and Varsity.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who or what does You Belong mean?????

I do not understand your question. I was responding to TOG. He stated that Maile was the last freshman to move up to varsity for Cov Cath. My point was that Isler moved up to varsity as a freshman the same year that Maile did. In fact Isler moved up and caught a game before Maile. The reason that was brought up in this thread was the fact that scheiver had moved up last year as a freshman and that he will be a big contributor this year.

The reason that was brought up in this thread was the fact that scheiver had moved up last year as a freshman and that he will be a big contributor this year.

Time flies. Punt. Schreiver is a JR so he moved up 2 years ago.

He actually played 1 week of frosh, one week of JV, and then was moved to varsity.

Looks like everyone except you have went with teams that should have the better pitching. I feel pitching and defense wins game. CovCath may be the only one I look at and don't really know what they have. New Cath has probably the best 1-2 punch, Highlands has a very solid 1, Ryle should be strong all througout and Cooper as I have said before might have the deepest and have a very solid 1 through 3.

Newcath, Highlands, Covcath, Cooper, and Ryle are my top 5. Newcath being #1 to start out. Cain and Bartels top pitchers for Newcath. They are loaded with seniors. Who takes the spots for Shortstop, Centerfield, and Left Field. That's where they lost position from last years seniors. They should be very good.

I'll admit I'm probably biased but... I think Ryle is going to be a force of their own this year. If you look back in time... this year's senior class won the region as Freshman. During the same year five freshman were moved up and regularly started on the JV team. This year they will all be playing together in addition to any Junior's that may make the Varisity cut.

I'll just say this... I would like to have the problem Coach Roessel has... aka a lot of talent. But I wouldn't like to be in his shoes on making the decision of who gets cut.

Personally, I think Ryle will go far this year. I certainly don't want to jynx them but I think the region is their's to lose. IMO... again, maybe biased but there's a lot of talent and a good coaching staff to boot.

I'll enjoy watching the games from what appears by most to be an 'underdog' position.

I'll admit I'm probably biased but... I think Ryle is going to be a force of their own this year. If you look back in time... this year's senior class won the region as Freshman. During the same year five freshman were moved up and regularly started on the JV team. This year they will all be playing together in addition to any Junior's that may make the Varisity cut.

I'll just say this... I would like to have the problem Coach Roessel has... aka a lot of talent. But I wouldn't like to be in his shoes on making the decision of who gets cut.

Personally, I think Ryle will go far this year. I certainly don't want to jynx them but I think the region is their's to lose. IMO... again, maybe biased but there's a lot of talent and a good coaching staff to boot.

I'll enjoy watching the games from what appears by most to be an 'underdog' position.

I have Ryle on my sleeper list.They are for sure not THE TEAM TO BEAT by any means..500 IS A REALISTIC GOAL.I have them on my short list of sleepers that include Boone Co.,Lloyd,St. Henry and Ryle

It should be a very interesting year. I agree with just about everyone who listed the teams to watch etc. but I wold also add Dixie to the mix. I don't know how many they lost from last year but they always seem to have a pretty solid team.

Cooper is going to be very interesting to watch. I feel they really underachieved last year. They have some pretty solid position players and the big question will be on how good their pitching will be. Their infield only lost 1 starter from last year (Catcher) and their outfield also only lost 1 starter. If they play up to their potential it could be a very fun season for them....but only time will tell.

I agree with everything for the most part Hellbird. But to question their pitching would be confusing to me. They return all they had last year and I would think would add a little more. They were pretty solid from what I can remember. There is rumor and I will keep it as rumor that 1 of there top pitchers may be moving to Boone. If that happens they will lose a solid pitcher and defensive player. It is only rumor, but would be a tough one to lose.

It should be a very interesting year. I agree with just about everyone who listed the teams to watch etc. but I wold also add Dixie to the mix. I don't know how many they lost from last year but they always seem to have a pretty solid team.

Cooper is going to be very interesting to watch. I feel they really underachieved last year. They have some pretty solid position players and the big question will be on how good their pitching will be. Their infield only lost 1 starter from last year (Catcher) and their outfield also only lost 1 starter. If they play up to their potential it could be a very fun season for them....but only time will tell.

I agree with everything for the most part Hellbird. But to question their pitching would be confusing to me. They return all they had last year and I would think would add a little more. They were pretty solid from what I can remember. There is rumor and I will keep it as rumor that 1 of there top pitchers may be moving to Boone. If that happens they will lose a solid pitcher and defensive player. It is only rumor, but would be a tough one to lose.

Are you referring to the kid who transferred from Cooper earlier this year?